Sponsored by:

Wheel Size Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Smoking Rotors
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetch
Thanks for the input. Again this car would be track only, and even if I got a car with PCCB's I would immediately switch to iron due to the cost and fragile nature of the carbons. I just wanted to know if there a down side to going with a steel rotor car or a PCCB car if I'm going to switch to steel anyhow.
Well PCCB's are a $10K option, so depends how well you buy the car. Converting it will certainly cost you money and time though and there are many red caliper cars available. You could sell the PCCBs once you swap them out, if you don't mind the hassle. Lots of inventory... you're shopping at a good time.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:00 PM
lnirenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 68 Posts

save the 10k and spend on a set of the steel AP racing brakes. Saves unsprung weight, warm ups quicker than pccbs and are otherworldly on track. I have19s on my car because I like the extra sidewall but I’m not sure they make significant difference unless your using slicks which I do. There is definitely some grooving of the inner barrels.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^good tips gentlemen. I bought a set of used 19" Forgelines to put slicks on. So I will get the Panamera bolt (so I can later put back on the OEM bolt) & get the AP brakes (so I can later put on the OEM brakes). Good plan?
Old 03-23-2019, 10:46 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Houston GT3
^good tips gentlemen. I bought a set of used 19" Forgelines to put slicks on. So I will get the Panamera bolt (so I can later put back on the OEM bolt) & get the AP brakes (so I can later put on the OEM brakes). Good plan?
Indeed.

Quick Reply: Wheel Size Question