Sponsored by:

Weissach Carbon Hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:57 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Weissach Carbon Hoods

Just heard that hoods are in process and should be delivered soon to some of us with Weissach Pack but not delivered with exposed carbon hood. I had Euro delivery in Oct of '19 with the painted hood and my SA just contacted me that it should arrive soon.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
Just heard that hoods are in process and should be delivered soon to some of us with Weissach Pack but not delivered with exposed carbon hood. I had Euro delivery in Oct of '19 with the painted hood and my SA just contacted me that it should arrive soon.
exposed hoods are also available from the factory now.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:38 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I think I'm a little out of the loop on this would you mind elaborating? I have a 3RS bought last month with a painted carbon hood. Are you saying Porsche will replace this with an exposed carbon fiber hood? Do I have to request it, or how does this work?
Old 03-19-2019, 05:49 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by reacher
I think I'm a little out of the loop on this would you mind elaborating? I have a 3RS bought last month with a painted carbon hood. Are you saying Porsche will replace this with an exposed carbon fiber hood? Do I have to request it, or how does this work?
The Weissach Package began with a exposed carbon hood, but supplier problems caused a delay with supply. As a consequence some cars were delivered to customers with a Painted hood with a promise for an exposed carbon hood to be delivered later on and the customer would be able to keep both hoods. Porsche then changed the Weissach package to not include the exposed carbon hood due to the supplier problems and thus some customers were not offered the exposed carbon hood depending on build dates. I don't know when the change occurred or if they have gone back to offering the exposed carbon hood for .2RS builds.
Many of us have been promised the replacement hoods since Sept/Oct of last year with no definitive date of when or if we would get the exposed hood. Today I received notice that in fact the hoods were now in the system and soon to be delivered to dealerships for installation. Unless you were a part of the original Weissach Pack that included the exposed carbon hood it is unlikely that they will send you one. There may have been a different code for the full WP vs the WP without the exposed carbon hood but I don't know the difference, sorry
Old 03-19-2019, 06:02 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

My build locked yesterday and an exposed carbon hood was available.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:03 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Yup, still waiting on my hood.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
youll need to check your order/build. If it’s an 808 WP then it includes an exposed carbon fiber hood, a few early builds with 808 were delivered with a painted hood in which case you will receive an exposed carbon fiber hood. Later builds with WP were option code 909 which designates a painted hood from factory in which case you will not receive a second (exposed cf) hood.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:35 AM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Yup, still waiting on my hood.
Check with your dealership, looks like they are on their way for some of us!
Old 03-21-2019, 07:52 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts

Anyone who wants to part with their painted hood when you get your shiny new exposed CF hood, I would gladly take it off your hands.

Quick Reply: Weissach Carbon Hoods