Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 sold on BaT

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 05:53 PM
Therosser77
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-1/

Anyone here win this auction? What a steal. SO much car for the money.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:36 PM
mclaudio
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Therosser77
I started this thread because I wanted to be as educated as possible about my purchase. Is saving ten's of thousands of dollars not worth discussing?
I think it is, particularly when the conversation moves forward (such as new data, etc.). Unfortunately, the conversation gets derailed with repeated conjecture.

Nonetheless, part of my fun in this driving hobby is having a high value experience (which to me is Driving Enjoyment/Experience per $ spent). Though I’ve owned every 911 series and other Porsche models, I’ve only driven but not owned any of the 991s. I went backwards in street Porsche ownership to the 996 series as it is the best driving experience per $ spent right now. Besides, I simply like 996s as a sweet spot of analog and digital driving feel. Having said this, I envision owning a 991 GT3 at some point as a street daily driver. For instance, at $70K-$80K for a driver condition, it becomes a no-brainer for me to own such a car without worries on depreciation, maintenance, wear/tear, etc.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:29 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...che-911-gt3-1/

Anyone here win this auction? What a steal. SO much car for the money.
and one that actually has a G engine in it only gets bid to $92.5:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/d...rsche-911-gt3/
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Therosser77
Advanced

Originally Posted by mchrono
and one that actually has a G engine in it only gets bid to $92.5:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/d...rsche-911-gt3/
I'm not so sure it had the G engine based on it saying the engine was replaced under the recall vs a failure. It's probably just an E1. Also that car had a Lemon Branded title, even for a bogus reason, it still is a big negative in a buyers eye.

The one above not just bid to, but sold at $106,000 ( $111,000 with auction fees) with less than 2K miles on it, which is astonishing to me with that low of miles and pccb.

It's just interesting to me how the market changed so quickly, and only in a matter of a few months. It appears there are dozens of 991.1 GT3's priced tens of thousands higher than what buyers are willing to pay.

I don't think this is isolated to just this car. When I was buying my 2014 last month from a local Porsche dealer they were telling me the environment has changed recently on GT cars in general. Also selling Audi, they said R8's are barely moving. Mostly a sign of the economy slowing I'm guessing, or just a blip.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:07 PM
Therosser77
Advanced

Originally Posted by mclaudio
I think it is, particularly when the conversation moves forward (such as new data, etc.). Unfortunately, the conversation gets derailed with repeated conjecture.

Nonetheless, part of my fun in this driving hobby is having a high value experience (which to me is Driving Enjoyment/Experience per $ spent). Though I’ve owned every 911 series and other Porsche models, I’ve only driven but not owned any of the 991s. I went backwards in street Porsche ownership to the 996 series as it is the best driving experience per $ spent right now. Besides, I simply like 996s as a sweet spot of analog and digital driving feel. Having said this, I envision owning a 991 GT3 at some point as a street daily driver. For instance, at $70K-$80K for a driver condition, it becomes a no-brainer for me to own such a car without worries on depreciation, maintenance, wear/tear, etc.
Well said. I have a similar view. I took the leap for a 991.1 GT3 last month after somewhat browsing for months. I was thinking these cars would stay in 125-135K range for a while, but once I realized the market was shifting sub 120K it was time for me buy.

Last edited by Therosser77; 05-30-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:15 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

The one above not just bid to, but sold at $106,000 ( $111,000 with auction fees) with less than 2K miles on it, which is astonishing to me with that low of miles and pccb.

It's just interesting to me how the market changed so quickly, and only in a matter of a few months. It appears there are dozens of 991.1 GT3's priced tens of thousands higher than what buyers are willing to pay.

I don't think this is isolated to just this car. When I was buying my 2014 last month from a local Porsche dealer they were telling me the environment has changed recently on GT cars in general. Also selling Audi, they said R8's are barely moving. Mostly a sign of the economy slowing I'm guessing, or just a blip.
Retaining ~75% of MSRP after almost 6 years is impressive. Even though it has low mileage, it is the most unpopular color. Factory warranty has expired, and while it has the 10-year extended engine warranty, there are only 4-5 years remaining on that. I don't see it as a sign of the economy slowing...this example, as well as the recent sales in the same range on BaT...just uncover the reality that these are no longer new cars.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:12 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
...........this example, as well as the recent sales in the same range on BaT...just uncover the reality that these are no longer new cars.
.........and clearly are not as coveted today as the 997's

I know I should spend my time driving not worrying, but I cant help but be a little concerned about how the fixed but more numerous .2's will fare in the mid to long term.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Therosser77
Advanced

Retaining ~75% of MSRP after almost 6 years is impressive. Even though it has low mileage, it is the most unpopular color. Factory warranty has expired, and while it has the 10-year extended engine warranty, there are only 4-5 years remaining on that. I don't see it as a sign of the economy slowing...this example, as well as the recent sales in the same range on BaT...just uncover the reality that these are no longer new cars.
You make a good point, reality setting in. My point is if this car was sitting at a Porsche dealer, they would be asking $135K. I'm guessing a lot of dealers took trades for a lot more than they should have.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:34 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
.........and clearly are not as coveted today as the 997's

I know I should spend my time driving not worrying, but I cant help but be a little concerned about how the fixed but more numerous .2's will fare in the mid to long term.
Not today...but nice, low mileage 997.1s were once ~$75k, and 997.2 RSs ~$125k. They all go down before they go up, and the 991 will follow the trend.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:23 AM
Therosser77
Advanced

Thumbs up

Not today...but nice, low mileage 997.1s were once ~$75k, and 997.2 RSs ~$125k. They all go down before they go up, and the 991 will follow the trend.

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 sold on BaT