Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GT3 sold on BaT

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 07:47 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

I have my suspicions about the "sale results" of BAT. I watch every auction for Porsche, Triumph, Ferrari and other select brands for sometime now. Some of the results just don't make sense. For the price of this GT3, why bother? Trade it, get the sales tax credit in most states even with no credit, no hassles. It's not like the person that bids is forced to pay. After the bid is accepted its now up to the Buyer and Seller to work out the details. I wonder how many of these transaction actually close with the seller being paid.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

dont be in denial and disbelief. this is a sign that the GT car marketplace is becoming normal / healthy
Old 03-18-2019, 08:25 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by 991carreradriver
I wonder how many of these transaction actually close with the seller being paid.
I follow BaT religiously. Almost all auctions close successfully. Sometimes you see a car relisted as a result of bidder non performance, but it's pretty rare.

Old 03-18-2019, 10:15 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

I have my suspicions about the "sale results" of BAT. I watch every auction for Porsche, Triumph, Ferrari and other select brands for sometime now. Some of the results just don't make sense. For the price of this GT3, why bother? Trade it, get the sales tax credit in most states even with no credit, no hassles. It's not like the person that bids is forced to pay. After the bid is accepted its now up to the Buyer and Seller to work out the details. I wonder how many of these transaction actually close with the seller being paid.
BAT charges the auction fee to your credit card. So, if you don't close on the transaction, you lose the $5k in this example. That's decent motivation to complete the sale.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:18 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

agree. Dealers still selling .1 GT3s for 130K.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:56 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

991.1 are headed sub 100k and i can’t wait, might be my new track beeeyaccchhhhh
Good cars, but they made a lot of them
and they aren’t the newest thing anymore
supply. Demand.
This makes car #3 I know that sold for this price point or lower.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:04 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Well, at the very least, BAT might not be where I'd sell a GT3 lol.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:19 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

BaT is an interesting marketplace. Some Porsches consistently do well (993s/964s) and some consistently not so (GT4s, GT3s, most modern Porsches).

If I am a seller of an aircooled, would def list on BAT (and incidentally, if I were a buyer there are better places/deals to consider). If I am a seller of a modern GT car, BaT is the last place I'll consider listing (and similarly, if a buyer a good place to source).

Similarly noticed that scruffy E30 M3s fetch relatively good coin, and the more 'minty' ones quickly top out before reserve is met.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:19 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Sure, if the seller knew what the high bid was going to be, then why bother. But isn’t that partially what the reserve is for.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Jickel180
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 238 Posts

fml
Old 03-19-2019, 12:53 AM
silvertige
Pro

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
BaT is an interesting marketplace. Some Porsches consistently do well (993s/964s) and some consistently not so (GT4s, GT3s, most modern Porsches).

If I am a seller of an aircooled, would def list on BAT (and incidentally, if I were a buyer there are better places/deals to consider). If I am a seller of a modern GT car, BaT is the last place I'll consider listing (and similarly, if a buyer a good place to source).

Similarly noticed that scruffy E30 M3s fetch relatively good coin, and the more 'minty' ones quickly top out before reserve is met.
Yes, this is what I've seen as well. Just kind of an odd choice to sell a 991 GT3 there is all. Older cars would seem to be BAT's marketplace.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:13 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Not everyone is trading in a car, and not everyone pays sales tax. I live in a no sales-tax state and would never trade in a car. There have to be at least some people like me!
Old 03-19-2019, 01:16 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
Yes, this is what I've seen as well. Just kind of an odd choice to sell a 991 GT3 there is all. Older cars would seem to be BAT's marketplace.
As of last year, they more or less wouldn't take "modern" cars. We had a manual M4 in YMB, mint condition, and they said no. I also think a 991 variant would have been rejected.

That no longer seems to be the case, although for the $100 listing fee, it is barely worth their time if the car doesn't meet reserve
Old 03-19-2019, 02:22 AM
silvertige
Pro

Originally Posted by raidersfan
As of last year, they more or less wouldn't take "modern" cars. We had a manual M4 in YMB, mint condition, and they said no. I also think a 991 variant would have been rejected.

That no longer seems to be the case, although for the $100 listing fee, it is barely worth their time if the car doesn't meet reserve
BAT is popular with all my e28 buddies... don't think they're in the market for a 991 variant of any kind, or any modern BMW for that matter, haha.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:06 AM
itrsteve
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Good. Now that we know these things are not appreciating then maybe everyone will start driving and stop comparing ******
Exactly. Mine can go to $0 for all I care.

Quick Reply: 2015 GT3 sold on BaT