Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 02:03 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

gdarrah99 - Perhaps this Touring might interest you. It's a great opportunity for you to get a GT3 from Fresno without paying an ADM to other dealers. This one wasn't listed in the classifieds, so you might not have known about it. New car, fresh in inventory.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15717272
Old 03-21-2019, 04:00 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^ With 10k adm
Old 03-21-2019, 07:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Jeepers, creepers. It's like a bunch of 13-year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

"He took the time to say Hi!"

"I'm always humbled when he talks to me."

"He's a car guy like me!"

I swear, CJ - if you wore some candy cane stripped short shorts, and roller skated around your showroom next Saturday, you'd have 10 giggling Rennlisters chasing you around your store trying to get an autograph. "There HE IS! There HE IS! OMG! He LOOKED AT ME!!!! OMG Taylor....HE LOOKED AT ME!"

barf.
HAHA, I have to say CW you are pretty funny (in a good way)
here is my story with CJ.
more than 10 years ago, he called me and asked some questions about tracking at laguna seca. he told me he was CJ Wilson. I don't watch baseball basketball football etc. boring as hell. I have zero clue who he was. maybe just some annoying ashole from RL.. but we had a good chat on cars. he sounded like a REGULAR guy, maybe he is just a regular guy.

then one time he called (2-3 years ago), the cayenne screen showed CJ Wilson. my wife says "you know CJ Wilson"... my reply was "yes, he likes to track".
wife " this is CJ Wilson the pitcher?"
I am still confused... "pitcher... what is that. like the thing that holds beer and water?"
wife "no, baseball pitcher, he is kind of famous..."
me "really? he is famous? why? what does he do?" (I only know Mariano rivera, he looks GOOD and babe ruth, oh, Derek Jeter.... that's my extend of baseball.
so to me, he was just a regular dude off the street...
I don't worship him
he is one of few who has messier hair than I do. I would not hire him for my office for sure.
his suit pants is a bit tight imo
I used to dress up for work until I become the boss, as boss I only wear sweat pants, unless I am attending funeral. then I wear black sweat pants.
his store doesn't have all the good snacks other stores have
his store doesn't have that many GT car allocation
he is far from perfect.
sometime I have to ask him same question 5x to get an answer. and the answer is "I am not sure..."
many times, I really want to throw a "baseball" at him... the reason I didn't is b/c it would be embarrassing if I missed hitting him from 3' away.....
but what I like about this regular dude is he actually tries. oh, he failed me many times. but I knew he tried.
I don't really care about ADM or no ADM, I only care about a man keeping his word.
many dealers made promises to me then cannot deliver
CJ told me NO many times
but when he said YES, he delivered
that's all that matters.

ChicagoWhale, I don't know if you are also pro ball player. but that makes no difference to me. bc the mike dude who signed a apparently the largest sport contract ever... is just a regular guy to me. I wont know who he is if I walked into him on the street. but I be happy to do some business with you, if you are indeed a porsche dealer.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Mooty brain firing on all 7 cylinders tonight..
Old 03-21-2019, 08:13 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yep, happy he's around RL. Wise dude
Old 03-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

This thread is what is wrong with the internet. Someone starts a thread to thank/praise a forum member. It’s turns into a bashing session on the forum member.

its the problem with anonymous posters hiding behind a keyboard.

Fwiw- every time I’ve met or talk to CJ- he has been a stand up dude and very responsive. No issues with him or his dealerships.

But sad that people have to take pot shots at him.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:20 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
HAHA, I have to say CW you are pretty funny (in a good way)
here is my story with CJ.
more than 10 years ago, he called me and asked some questions about tracking at laguna seca. he told me he was CJ Wilson. I don't watch baseball basketball football etc. boring as hell. I have zero clue who he was. maybe just some annoying ashole from RL.. but we had a good chat on cars. he sounded like a REGULAR guy, maybe he is just a regular guy.

then one time he called (2-3 years ago), the cayenne screen showed CJ Wilson. my wife says "you know CJ Wilson"... my reply was "yes, he likes to track".
wife " this is CJ Wilson the pitcher?"
I am still confused... "pitcher... what is that. like the thing that holds beer and water?"
wife "no, baseball pitcher, he is kind of famous..."
me "really? he is famous? why? what does he do?" (I only know Mariano rivera, he looks GOOD and babe ruth, oh, Derek Jeter.... that's my extend of baseball.
so to me, he was just a regular dude off the street...
I don't worship him
he is one of few who has messier hair than I do. I would not hire him for my office for sure.
his suit pants is a bit tight imo
I used to dress up for work until I become the boss, as boss I only wear sweat pants, unless I am attending funeral. then I wear black sweat pants.
his store doesn't have all the good snacks other stores have
his store doesn't have that many GT car allocation
he is far from perfect.
sometime I have to ask him same question 5x to get an answer. and the answer is "I am not sure..."
many times, I really want to throw a "baseball" at him... the reason I didn't is b/c it would be embarrassing if I missed hitting him from 3' away.....
but what I like about this regular dude is he actually tries. oh, he failed me many times. but I knew he tried.
I don't really care about ADM or no ADM, I only care about a man keeping his word.
many dealers made promises to me then cannot deliver
CJ told me NO many times
but when he said YES, he delivered
that's all that matters.

ChicagoWhale, I don't know if you are also pro ball player. but that makes no difference to me. bc the mike dude who signed a apparently the largest sport contract ever... is just a regular guy to me. I wont know who he is if I walked into him on the street. but I be happy to do some business with you, if you are indeed a porsche dealer.
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Mooty definitely types better with one hand.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:56 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

Marveling and feeling “humbled” that your Porsche dealer will talk to you as you’re buying a car from them seemed rather....excessive. Some of you act star-struck, and the double standards in this forum are both hilarious and very obvious.

Im glad you had a great experience and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new car. And for the record, I hope CJ is successful and gets his store turned around.

Do you enjoy being the guy everyone loves to hate?

As much as you like to one-up (or bash) CJ.... it's all a bit pathetic.....because you hide behind a keyboard in everything you do.
You offer little to no value here.....and as I see it, really nothing more than what a Porsche sales advisor would know.
That begs the question, do you even own a GT car just borrow dad's or the dealerships once in a while?

Your posts... over the years would lead me to believe you're just a wee bit envious of CJ, and frankly those of us who own/drive GT cars.

You have zero credibility.....I'm convinced you're nothing more than a:
  1. salesman
  2. relative of a salesman/dealer
  3. has a daddy 'Chicago Whale', who happens to get a few P-car allocations in Chicago.
And for the record:
  • I don't know CJ
  • never met/talked/messaged him
  • never praised him (that I know of)
  • never watched him play ball, I gave that up in college
  • never bought a vehicle from him or his dealerships
  • and certainly not positioning myself for an allocation w/ him or his dealership
Old 03-21-2019, 11:43 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Chicagowhale
hey I was just asking a positive question , perhaps I didn't make myself clear that how fortunate this GT community is to have CJ contributing here , of coarse just my humble newbie opinion ,
so constructive , baiting this nuisance fellow here ,

think its time to wring out another 9k and happily roll up my " O " as I strive to tank my 3's value by transferring that value to my life's experience, striving to live well with a grateful grin along the way!!

Cheers to all , wait I'm not that mature how about Cheers to almost All , that's more realistic
Old 03-22-2019, 02:35 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

This is a pretty effusive thread especially for those Rennlisters with a more acerbic wit. Now I am really curious though. Is Chicago Whale a dealer principal like CJ or simply an enigma? The whole "Chicago, NewYork, Zurich" thing gives the air of a heavy hitter, probable commodity or currency trader who can shut down the Bank of England or a small African country with a fat fingered stroke of his keyboard, and flies between the aforementioned cities on his G650 with his hot looking gf. He probably owns 4 or 5 Porsche dealerships as a small tax write off. Oh, I have such a vivid imagination. Maybe he's just a big dude who likes P cars like the rest of us. CW will you enlighten your fans?
Old 03-22-2019, 09:44 AM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

ChicagoWhale, you are quite entertaining (candy cane shorts. Hilarious) and I agree you that this thread is a bit gaga over CJ but, really what's not to like? Pro ball player, healthy lifestyle, Porsche dealership owner and race enthusiast that gets cast in PCar adds. Maybe he gets dinged for his hair according to Mooty but other than that he seems to be a pretty likable guy despite the public fame. I mean c'mon. He's a rock star to us here. You on the other hand seem like a Lex Luther character.....hiding out somewhere just waiting for the perfect time to post and this thread was just to perfect to ignore. Well done! Keep it spicy.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:57 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Do not know CJ and am not a huge baseball fan (in the minority with my first love being the NHL and F1) but respect his Rennlist comments, stellar career, choice in a better-half, etc.

Most importantly, seems like a man of integrity based on comments from folks who have transacted and or purchased from his dealership.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:16 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

The internet allows people like CW to say whatever they want...whenever they want. When I grew up in NYC things were different.

I am a pretty straight shooter and have been on RL for 12 plus years. Alot of what I loved about RL is gone.

CJ is an enthusiast, a great driver, and a decent dude. Thats it and probably time to close this thread.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:05 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
The internet allows people like CW to say whatever they want...whenever they want. When I grew up in NYC things were different.

I am a pretty straight shooter and have been on RL for 12 plus years. Alot of what I loved about RL is gone.

CJ is an enthusiast, a great driver, and a decent dude. Thats it and probably time to close this thread.
Well said..................

Quick Reply: slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno