Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno

Old 03-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Beer and a shot of tequila for you spyerx.
Im on a flight from Chicago back to LA. No sight of CW at the Peninsula hotel or Tavern on Rush.
The good news is I left my turbo s at LAX. I will consider reading the Scarlet Letter over the weekend.
Brave man, I stopped using central parking years ago after getting tired of paying no-plate tickets.

Regarding CW, I appreciate a good bit of Irony call-out on the RL peanut gallery.

On CJ, he's a good dude, found a car for me (before dealership) MSRP when they were impossible to get, invited me to a couple of private track days, even bought lunch, and scared the crap out of me in a 675LT at buttonwillow, helped sponsor a couple of private days we did and brought out pro drivers and cars to take people on hot laps. Just a regular car nut in my mind. I don't get too caught up in who people "are".
Its too bad i'm over new stuff for the time being... but wife will need a new whip soon, she just won't give up her little BMW, but first mechanical issue it has it's going.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:29 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
The internet allows people like.

I am a pretty straight shooter and have been on RL for 12 plus years. Alot of what I loved about RL
whats wronf with RL today ?
I love picking colors and staring at the delivery mile cars in my warehouse and watch them appreciates. how do u think im makkng my next million?
Old 03-23-2019, 07:35 PM
kpflynn
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad others have had a good experience with Porsche Fresno - I did not. CJ offered to put me on his list for a 991.2 GT3 before his dealership was even started but said "it may be awhile but you'll get your car when you get it". Even had me spec it out. Unfortunately after that he went quiet and after about a year of me asking for updates he informed me his allotments were sold out and I was out of luck.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 500 Posts

Hmm, did I just read that Mr ChicagoWale confess to wearing a scarlet g-string? Or was it a scarlet strap-on?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:14 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by kpflynn
I'm glad others have had a good experience with Porsche Fresno - I did not. CJ offered to put me on his list for a 991.2 GT3 before his dealership was even started but said "it may be awhile but you'll get your car when you get it". Even had me spec it out. Unfortunately after that he went quiet and after about a year of me asking for updates he informed me his allotments were sold out and I was out of luck.

To be fair we were very clear of the pecking order, porsche made a lot but we didn't get 25 GT3's...we got around a dozen and lots of our local customers will always take precedent with their buying history...did a whole thread on that.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:49 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Hmm, did I just read that Mr ChicagoWale confess to wearing a scarlet g-string? Or was it a scarlet strap-on?
damn u upstaged me again
Old 03-23-2019, 10:16 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Well…. I have little doubt all of you are thinking the same thing I am: today’s fiasco on Rennlist has played out perfectly in tandem with the themes and symbolism found in Hawthorne’s epic American novel, The Scarlet Letter. It’s undeniable. In fact, it’s so obvious it makes me wonder if the ghost of Hawthorne isn’t playing a spooky, celestial joke on all of us as we argue toward an eventual predetermined conclusion that we have no control over.

The themes are identical: a story of public shame, stigmatization, ostracism, fear of exposure, lust and sin -- all of it cast against the backdrop of a very judgmental and fiercely loyal community of Rennlist Puritans and Luddites. So many questions: has CJ turned to sin? Is he forever stigmatized after his latest GT3 allocation surfaces at $10K over MSRP? How long will the Rennlist Puritans accept the “last minute cancellation” smokescreen on perfectly configured GT cars that never had a client? At least it wasn’t a forced Euro delivery so an extra allocation could be had (old trick). Why was it hidden from the classifieds when all the other delivery mile GT cars (owned by Rennlisters, by the way) that have been flipped through Fresno are posted? And, of course, we cannot ignore the questions about myself. Just who is this ChicagoWhale character? He should be hung! Exposing hypocrisy and double standards within our small, perfectly Puritan community of enthusiasts will not be tolerated! Ban him, forthwith! He is all that is wrong in the world, while Rennlist remains an exemplary community of real enthusiasts and purists - not profiteers.

It seems silly to debate when we all know how this will end: ChicagoWhale shall wear the Scarlet Letter! Alas! That is the unexpected twist! The one difference between Hawthorne’s characters and those on Rennlist is the refusal to acknowledge double standards and hypocrisy around here. Although they initially tried to hide their sin, Hester and Dimmsdale ultimately faced the consequences of their actions. That’s not the theme on Rennlist. On Rennlist, you vilify those selling at market prices while doing it yourself. From the “purist track guy” who never revved his car above 5k before he flipped it, to the guy who wrote a letter of complaint to get a v200 allocation and then immediately spent the next 6 months trying to flip it before it arrived (all the while complaining about dealers, of course) — and all the many others in between. On Rennlist, you turn a blind eye, and ostracize those who call foul. Rules apply to others, not thyself.
wut

maybe I should have read the scarlet letter in school like I was probably supposed to. 7 years of higher education/a law degree later and I'm still having trouble understanding what you just wrote. You like to boast indirectly about the depth of your intelligence and sophistication based on your posts that don't relate to helping RL members understand allocation tracking, which I personally find funny. I know a couple other guys like that, try to avoid them. The focus here was on who is this CW guy is to add some credibility/put a face on the name, and he shifts it to how RL is a huge hypocrisy intertwined with a Shakespeare novel. Or Hawthorne. Don't know and don't care. Maybe that's intentional for CW, smoke and mirrors with a tidbit of GSM info sprinkled in. Keep us guessing when he surfaces

CJ is not perfect, he was supposed to help me in my search for an ADM 3RS allocation when I was looking, but didn't follow up. Actually thank God he didn't lol. Great dude to chat with though and I do hope his dealerships do well
Old 03-24-2019, 02:03 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ I should hire you as counselor, my is impossible to understand and moves really slow,.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:06 PM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 203 Posts

Well…. I have little doubt all of you are thinking the same thing I am: today’s fiasco on Rennlist has played out perfectly in tandem with the themes and symbolism found in Hawthorne’s epic American novel, The Scarlet Letter. It’s undeniable. In fact, it’s so obvious it makes me wonder if the ghost of Hawthorne isn’t playing a spooky, celestial joke on all of us as we argue toward an eventual predetermined conclusion that we have no control over.

The themes are identical: a story of public shame, stigmatization, ostracism, fear of exposure, lust and sin -- all of it cast against the backdrop of a very judgmental and fiercely loyal community of Rennlist Puritans and Luddites. So many questions: has CJ turned to sin? Is he forever stigmatized after his latest GT3 allocation surfaces at $10K over MSRP? How long will the Rennlist Puritans accept the “last minute cancellation” smokescreen on perfectly configured GT cars that never had a client? At least it wasn’t a forced Euro delivery so an extra allocation could be had (old trick). Why was it hidden from the classifieds when all the other delivery mile GT cars (owned by Rennlisters, by the way) that have been flipped through Fresno are posted? And, of course, we cannot ignore the questions about myself. Just who is this ChicagoWhale character? He should be hung! Exposing hypocrisy and double standards within our small, perfectly Puritan community of enthusiasts will not be tolerated! Ban him, forthwith! He is all that is wrong in the world, while Rennlist remains an exemplary community of real enthusiasts and purists - not profiteers.

It seems silly to debate when we all know how this will end: ChicagoWhale shall wear the Scarlet Letter! Alas! That is the unexpected twist! The one difference between Hawthorne’s characters and those on Rennlist is the refusal to acknowledge double standards and hypocrisy around here. Although they initially tried to hide their sin, Hester and Dimmsdale ultimately faced the consequences of their actions. That’s not the theme on Rennlist. On Rennlist, you vilify those selling at market prices while doing it yourself. From the “purist track guy” who never revved his car above 5k before he flipped it, to the guy who wrote a letter of complaint to get a v200 allocation and then immediately spent the next 6 months trying to flip it before it arrived (all the while complaining about dealers, of course) — and all the many others in between. On Rennlist, you turn a blind eye, and ostracize those who call foul. Rules apply to others, not thyself.
What a gem! Keep up the good work CW. Nothing against anyone but hypocrisy abounds around here. This just makes it more entertaining.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:15 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

The analogy of CW to the President is a bit over the top
Originally Posted by carz80am
..... Chicagowhale talks about CJ, like Donald talking about McCain, ....
Originally Posted by mooty
^ I should hire you as counselor, my is impossible to understand and moves really slow,.
Sometimes I read your posts and I am confused!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

I’m confused.

OP says he thinks CJ is a great guy (I agree) who will actually interact with his customers and is involved in the car hobbies as we are. Never got a call from the owner of my dealer even when I asked to speak to him. Hmmm. OK. Fair enough.

Then we we have some talk about candy cane shorts, roller skates, Justin Bieber

Then we get much much deeper and more somber with talk of Hawthorn and the Scarlet letter by CS because he is upset people like CJ.

Then theres talk of strap ons and G strings.

Then someone says this is really a value thread.

I would contribute to thread but not sure what to say.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:52 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Classic post!

Originally Posted by lawrence1
hypocrisy abounds around here.
Very true, though few here are clear-minded enough to see it. Even fewer are willing to call it out.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:08 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,726 Likes on 2,165 Posts

I don't know about all the dealer stuff, but CJ clearly knows cars and is an excellent driver, and I've found his posts to be well-informed and valuable.

BTW, how many of us stick our necks out and post here under our real names? Let's give some credit for that.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Soup
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
BTW, how many of us stick our necks out and post here under our real names? Let's give some credit for that.
I didn't know CJ is Japanese...

The following users liked this post:
Napoli (09-11-2020)
Old 04-05-2019, 12:20 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

So, I've figured it out.

Chicagowhale = Chausoul

(just on the days when the borderline personality disorder kicks in.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno