Sponsored by:

slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 03:03 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
The internet allows people like CW to say whatever they want...whenever they want. When I grew up in NYC things were different.

I am a pretty straight shooter and have been on RL for 12 plus years. Alot of what I loved about RL is gone.

CJ is an enthusiast, a great driver, and a decent dude. Thats it and probably time to close this thread.
Come on Rich. Don't close it before CW has a chance to respond. I wonder too why every time CW posts, his post count stays frozen at 344....the mystery deepens. Maybe CW owns RL

Jim
Old 03-22-2019, 03:11 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Well…. I have little doubt all of you are thinking the same thing I am: today’s fiasco on Rennlist has played out perfectly in tandem with the themes and symbolism found in Hawthorne’s epic American novel, The Scarlet Letter. It’s undeniable. In fact, it’s so obvious it makes me wonder if the ghost of Hawthorne isn’t playing a spooky, celestial joke on all of us as we argue toward an eventual predetermined conclusion that we have no control over.

The themes are identical: a story of public shame, stigmatization, ostracism, fear of exposure, lust and sin -- all of it cast against the backdrop of a very judgmental and fiercely loyal community of Rennlist Puritans and Luddites. So many questions: has CJ turned to sin? Is he forever stigmatized after his latest GT3 allocation surfaces at $10K over MSRP? How long will the Rennlist Puritans accept the “last minute cancellation” smokescreen on perfectly configured GT cars that never had a client? At least it wasn’t a forced Euro delivery so an extra allocation could be had (old trick). Why was it hidden from the classifieds when all the other delivery mile GT cars (owned by Rennlisters, by the way) that have been flipped through Fresno are posted? And, of course, we cannot ignore the questions about myself. Just who is this ChicagoWhale character? He should be hung! Exposing hypocrisy and double standards within our small, perfectly Puritan community of enthusiasts will not be tolerated! Ban him, forthwith! He is all that is wrong in the world, while Rennlist remains an exemplary community of real enthusiasts and purists - not profiteers.

It seems silly to debate when we all know how this will end: ChicagoWhale shall wear the Scarlet Letter! Alas! That is the unexpected twist! The one difference between Hawthorne’s characters and those on Rennlist is the refusal to acknowledge double standards and hypocrisy around here. Although they initially tried to hide their sin, Hester and Dimmsdale ultimately faced the consequences of their actions. That’s not the theme on Rennlist. On Rennlist, you vilify those selling at market prices while doing it yourself. From the “purist track guy” who never revved his car above 5k before he flipped it, to the guy who wrote a letter of complaint to get a v200 allocation and then immediately spent the next 6 months trying to flip it before it arrived (all the while complaining about dealers, of course) — and all the many others in between. On Rennlist, you turn a blind eye, and ostracize those who call foul. Rules apply to others, not thyself.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:39 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

^^ Quite an erudite response. I am a little starstruck to see CW surface and respond on a frenetic market day like this!

J
Old 03-22-2019, 04:19 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slow clap for the scarlet letter ... I'm always for more entertainment value so please carry on!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:56 PM
4ng crcs
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Oy!
another value thread!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:58 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Let's really take this thread off topic. Chicagowhale talks about CJ, like Donald talking about McCain, chicago just needs some more love and appreciation. Some people get respect the right way and others are jealous, SAD

P.S. I've never asked a man or woman to take a picture with me or wanted to take their picture, no one is special to me and I don't envy anyone, but I do respect people who deserve it
Old 03-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Well…. I have little doubt all of you are thinking the same thing I am: today’s fiasco on Rennlist has played out perfectly in tandem with the themes and symbolism found in Hawthorne’s epic American novel, The Scarlet Letter. It’s undeniable.
A beer on me if you're in LA.

And mooty it's scarlet letter, not Scarlett Johansson with red hair.

Here's a mind blow: What if... what if.... What if CW is CJ????? And CJ is CW?????? OMG!??!?!?! CJ/CW alter ego! Wow. Matrix.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:48 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Beer and a shot of tequila for you spyerx.

Im on a flight from Chicago back to LA. No sight of CW at the Peninsula hotel or Tavern on Rush.

The good news is I left my turbo s at LAX. I will consider reading the Scarlet Letter over the weekend.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:00 PM
pranqster
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=ChicagoWhale;15721513]Well…. I have little doubt all of you are thinking the same thing I am: today’s fiasco on Rennlist has played out perfectly in tandem with the themes and symbolism found in Hawthorne’s epic American novel, The Scarlet Letter. It’s undeniable. In fact, it’s so obvious it makes me wonder if the ghost of Hawthorne isn’t playing a spooky, celestial joke on all of us as we argue toward an eventual predetermined conclusion that we have no control over.

I have to admit that I like it when CW posts. Some of CW's posts get me thinking. I like that thinking part of CW's posts.

CW has provided some good information intermixed with the drama. If you do not want to read what CW says, just skip it.

I am certain that CJ has been heckled a few times in his life. CJ posts often on Rennlist and the community is better for it.

I would love to be able to buy a GT car from CJ or anyone else that will sell to someone that regularly tracks their car (for a reasonable price).

I still have my 996 GT3 that I purchased new. It lives at a race shop not far from the track. My 996 GT3 has mostly track miles.

I recently was able to purchase a lizard and it will hit the track near the end of April.

From my perspective, the reason CJ is mentioned often, is that he was an enthusiast while he was playing in the Majors. CJ tried to become a auto dealer principal because he likes fast cars. We all like fast cars here.

CJ drives what he sells. How many dealer principals or percentage owners drive regularly in cup cars, RSR's, or even some of the old race car machinery (935, 934, 906, 962, 917)?

Hurley Haywood did while a minority owner in Brumos. That is why and how I was able to buy my first RS (2007 Pumpkin) from Brumos. Hurley was one of my instructors at the Porsche driving experience at Sebring. Many years after the Porsche driving experience, Hurley encouraged me to purchase the RS through Brumos and I did.

Rennlist has others that are singled out as good guys or good dealer reps. Tyler is one of the new ones and Sonnen Porsche just had a very successful sale. The reason CJ appears more in Rennlist, is that CJ, like many of us, is a true enthusiast..

Regards,

Pranqster
Old 03-22-2019, 06:33 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
A beer on me if you're in LA.

And mooty it's scarlet letter, not Scarlett Johansson with red hair.

Here's a mind blow: What if... what if.... What if CW is CJ????? And CJ is CW?????? OMG!??!?!?! CJ/CW alter ego! Wow. Matrix.
while E is my SL, I have read in both language, shakey, Dumas, Chaucer, Hawthorne. barthe, twain.... many other ridiculous work that the general public called LITERATURE.
most my learning comes from penthouse and playboy.
and CJ, sorry, I had 5.0 GPA in HS, 6 AP CLASSES hahahahaa and varsity tennis
one A- f'd up my 4.0 at Cal...
so... kids, Read the real stuff...

ok I need more meds now...
Old 03-22-2019, 06:38 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 28 Posts

Man I wish someone gave me a bag of popcorn when I bought a gt3, for all this juicy drama.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:47 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

^ it's free option with each GT3/RS purchase
the car is POS
the drama is what gets up up everyday
Old 03-22-2019, 07:13 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

^Penthouse forum highly educational

AP classes over rated.

First job was working for Budweiser @1990, Auggie 3 didnt go to college.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:07 PM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

CJ, I want to buy a car or two or three from you someday, just because of all the good things I read about you.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:25 PM
RENN GTS
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Jeepers, creepers. It's like a bunch of 13-year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert.

"He took the time to say Hi!"

"I'm always humbled when he talks to me."

"He's a car guy like me!"

I swear, CJ - if you wore some candy cane stripped short shorts, and roller skated around your showroom next Saturday, you'd have 10 giggling Rennlisters chasing you around your store trying to get an autograph. "There HE IS! There HE IS! OMG! He LOOKED AT ME!!!! OMG Taylor....HE LOOKED AT ME!"

barf.
If you're getting tired of watching his ads run on loop in your showroom, I have a stack of new 718 GT4 Clubsport marketing material I'd be happy to FedEx over to you (in my experience, UPS usually takes a while to deliver).

Quick Reply: slighty OT: CJ Wilson/Porsche Fresno