Sponsored by:

Dundon Street Header (catted) Testing on 991.2 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the quick response earlier about the exhaust. I’m very interested in the whole setup - headers and side delete / airbox / big throttle body.

Are your dyno numbers with this setup with or without a tune? I want the HP but i’m concerned about modifying this very expensive motor. Who makes the throttle body assembly? Are they reliable? What are the chances of encountering a bad air to fuel ratio with this setup? Will the computer automatically adapt without a tune? If a tune is necessary can you give us some reassurance the A/F ratios will be correct and are there any conditions that would cause the A/F ratio to get dangerously out of line?

Looks like some awesome products. Thanks!
Old 05-01-2019, 04:55 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Five
Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the quick response earlier about the exhaust. I’m very interested in the whole setup - headers and side delete / airbox / big throttle body.

Are your dyno numbers with this setup with or without a tune? I want the HP but i’m concerned about modifying this very expensive motor. Who makes the throttle body assembly? Are they reliable? What are the chances of encountering a bad air to fuel ratio with this setup? Will the computer automatically adapt without a tune? If a tune is necessary can you give us some reassurance the A/F ratios will be correct and are there any conditions that would cause the A/F ratio to get dangerously out of line?

Looks like some awesome products. Thanks!
All dyno's are no tune, so no issue.

Throttle Body is an OEM VDO mfg part

ECU adapts automatically, so no chance of bad A/F ratio, No tune necessary and the car automatically adjust the fueling both actively and ongoing based on the MAP sensor in the manfold and the O2 sensors in the exhaust.
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 05-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I am considering exhaust options, its either side deletes or headers with side deletes..... for those with the Dundon headers side deletes?

Stock system to quiet...how do you find it sound wise for street driving vs. stock?

When running up against other GT car's, is their a noticeable difference in acceleration?
Old 05-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
I am considering exhaust options, its either side deletes or headers with side deletes..... for those with the Dundon headers side deletes?

Stock system to quiet...how do you find it sound wise for street driving vs. stock?

When running up against other GT car's, is their a noticeable difference in acceleration?
I currently have the Dundon Street Headers on my car and installed them right before SmokiesGT last weekend. After spending a weekend in the North Ga mtns with the system I am glad I did the upgrade. No CEL, slightly louder than stock on the inside of the car with a nice "bark" under part throttle shifts, and definitely feel the better torque this exhaust produces. Install on it was easy and straight forward. Took me about 3 hours from start to finish on a lift and without removing the rear bumper. For street driving I think this system is spot on with what most people are looking for sound wise. It is not too loud with a sportier sound than the stock exhaust. With the valves open you can definitely hear a difference outside the car with them. Inside not as much as outside. Can't imagine my car without them.

Here is a video for you to see the difference:

Old 05-11-2019, 05:06 AM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds great.. thank you.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:48 AM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

Has anyone combined the street headers with a sharkwerks center delete (particularly on a .2 GT3)? Does the center delete wipe out the low end torque gains? Are there drone issues?
Old 05-12-2019, 01:45 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by horns
Has anyone combined the street headers with a sharkwerks center delete (particularly on a .2 GT3)? Does the center delete wipe out the low end torque gains? Are there drone issues?
Super loud, will drone as the valves don’t have a center muffler upper flow path to direct the flow to.

Others have done it that wanted a straight piped car.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:42 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Once our cylinder pressure monitor arrives we will build this data base as well and will have a direct measure of pressure/temperature in the cylinder and will be able to further illustrate an engines strengths and weaknesses.
Has it arrived yet? How many pressure sensors? What did you end up going with? Optrand/NI ADC/catools? tfx? kistler/avl?
Old 05-18-2019, 02:24 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
Has it arrived yet? How many pressure sensors? What did you end up going with? Optrand/NI ADC/catools? tfx? kistler/avl?
It’s here, we’ve been transitioning my 991 GT3 for sale and prepping the 991.2RS to get at speed data for the airbox/93mmTB/center plenum.

We went with Xtreme DI’s 12 channel along with kistler/AVL sensors.
Old 05-18-2019, 04:20 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

It’s here, we’ve been transitioning my 991 GT3 for sale and prepping the 991.2RS to get at speed data for the airbox/93mmTB/center plenum.

We went with Xtreme DI’s 12 channel along with kistler/AVL sensors.
Do you have any before and after results of the airbox/93mmTB/center plenum on the .1rs?
Old 05-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Do you have any before and after results of the airbox/93mmTB/center plenum on the .1rs?
Not clean head to head data yet. Once we have my car instrumented we’ll be able to show the difference in manifold pressure at speed and show the benefits more clearly.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:29 AM
Ruri67
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribed
Old 06-14-2022, 09:20 PM
Zaskar1972
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Finially got around to putting the street headers on my 991.2 GT3. I cannot give a direct comparison to stock as I had the Soul side muffer deletes but from what I understand they offer little if any power improvement. I certainly did not notice.

The Dundon on the other hand are like a slap in the in the face. Cold tires, only 12.5 C here today, the traction control kicked in going from 1st to 2nd at 8000 RPM. Sport cup 2's. That never happened before. The Soul definetly improved the sound. The Dundon setup is a little louder and sounds much better IMO. Heading to Area 27 for Saturday and Sunday. It will be interesting to compare the straighaway speed.

Installation only took a couple of hours. I could not use my lift. A couple of small ramps and a creeper. I left the bumper cover and bumper on. It was a none issue with the side mufflers already removed. That said, you will need a good assortment of extensions, universal joints, ratchet lengths, and so on if you choose that route. I did the Soul with the bumper cover and bumper on as well. A pain to get the OEM side out but it is doable.

Thanks so much for the great product Jamie!

Anyone looking for Soul side deletes with the valves? PM me. I am not going back.
Old 06-15-2022, 03:59 AM
AnthonyGan
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I got the air box, headers with the crack pipe!! Awesome setup! TEAM DUNDON
Old 06-15-2022, 10:54 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Not clean head to head data yet. Once we have my car instrumented we’ll be able to show the difference in manifold pressure at speed and show the benefits more clearly.
Any performance info before/after for just the intake/plenum/throttle body on an RS?

I'm interested in doing this upgrade, but I don't have plans to touch the headers at this time.

Quick Reply: Dundon Street Header (catted) Testing on 991.2 GT3RS