Old 04-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
It would be cool to see a dyno overlap of Dundons on a .1rs and .2rs
We have all that data, send me an email and will happily help out.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:51 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Here we go again...
power differences in pdk vs manulal just confirm you are orbitig another planet.
This is not just for GT cars as I know it occurs in Caymans and other cars Porsche offers in a manual or PDK. The PDK cars do make less power at the wheels than the same version of the car in a manual and in just the Cayman alone I have seen several GTB1 spec PCA Club Racing Caymans with this difference. You can call this BS but the numbers do back up the fact that the manual transmission cars are generally more efficient at putting power to the ground than the PDK cars.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny Five
Very interesting. So the setup in the dyno is your catted headers combined with your valved side deletes? How much does your full street system weigh with stock .2 3RS muffler compared with full stock system? How much does your Orange (quiet) muffler weigh compared to stock .2 3RS muffler?

What is the likelihood of burning up the stock muffler running your full street system? How often do CEL’s pop up using this system? Is there an easy way to clear the CEL codes and, more importantly, verify the CEL is exhaust related and not a separate issue that needs investigation?

Finally, how noticeable is the 4-5k torque drop compared to stock from a driving perspective, is it noticeable? Any other users with input on this?

I’m wanting to pull the trigger. Thanks!
Hi Johnny,

1. The Middle (orange) line in the dyno is street header system only (no intake mods) , green line is stock, purple line is street headers, prototype airbox, 93mm TB and Big Mouth Center Plenum.
2. You save about 40lbs with the street system compared to stock mainly from the elimination of the side mufflers
3. If you used one of our Lifetime mufflers (recommended for tracked cars) you would save about 25lbs (our muffler is about 15lbs heavier than the Ti OEM RS center muffler)
4. 991.1 RS hasn't cracked the Ti muffler that we're aware of using the Street headers, the 991.2 RS makes substantially more power, so we recommend for a tracked car to get a lifetime muffler to be safe. It "should" be OK, but the Ti mufflers are notoriously fragile...
5. No CEL at all with the catted system if there are no leaks. It's always a good idea to get a $20.00 code reader from Amazon just in case, especially at the track as the yellow light isn't very helpful
6. No torque loss with the system, see #1

Shoot me an email, we're finishing the next batch

Originally Posted by allans
Seth, Will you have it installed for Smokies? Best, Allan
Should be many cars there both 991.2RS, 991.2 GT3, 991.1 RS and 991.1 GT3 with our street headers installed.
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 04-20-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. So the dyno results from original post are with stock side mufflers? Do you have dyno results with street headers and side muffler deletes? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Hi Johnny,

1. The Middle (orange) line in the dyno is street headers only, green line is stock, purple line is street headers, prototype airbox, 93mm TB and Big Mouth Center Plenum.
2. You save about 40lbs with the street system compared to stock mainly from the elimination of the side mufflers
3. If you used one of our Lifetime mufflers (recommended for tracked cars) you would save about 25lbs (our muffler is about 15lbs heavier than the Ti OEM RS center muffler)
4. 991.1 RS hasn't cracked the Ti muffler that we're aware of using the Street headers, the 991.2 RS makes substantially more power, so we recommend for a tracked car to get a lifetime muffler to be safe. It "should" be OK, but the Ti mufflers are notoriously fragile...
5. No CEL at all with the catted system if there are no leaks. It's always a good idea to get a $20.00 code reader from Amazon just in case, especially at the track as the yellow light isn't very helpful
6. No torque loss with the system, see #1

Shoot me an email, we're finishing the next batch

Should be many cars there both 991.2RS, 991.2 GT3, 991.1 RS and 991.1 GT3 with our street headers installed.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:51 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny Five
Thanks for the quick response. So the dyno results from original post are with stock side mufflers? Do you have dyno results with street headers and side muffler deletes? Thanks.
All of our header systems are complete with valved side deletes. You have the option of using your OEM muffler or our Lifetime muffler It would be impossible to use the stock side deletes on any of our systems as our systems are far longer than the stock headers and this is what helps to make power.

So to answer your question, no, all of our dyno's for header systems complete with our valved side deletes. What I was getting at was that the middle line doesn't include the intake side modifications.

Take a look on our website, lots of data there, dyno's, blog posts with videos etc...

https://www.dundonmotorsports.com/po...aders?carid=40
Old 04-20-2019, 07:04 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Jaime- regarding the Purple line- quite impressive. I believe you previously conveyed that on the .2 GT3 that the ECU will intervene and limit the amt of torque avail. How you all getting around that w/o a tune??
Tested the 93mm TB and Center plenum on the 991.2 GT3, car drives normally with no CEL, as we'd hoped. 991.2 GT3 is headed to Thunderhill for more testing.

more update on this once the car is back from Thill and we can get it on the dyno...

Originally Posted by 80p
Is the plan for the TB/filter to be RS or winged GT3s only?
The air filter in the touring is pretty darn nice, but we will test ours from the winged GT3 on one as we're able to.

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Update on the Airbox?

Incoming 3RS needs some upgrades
We're pretty happy with the performance of the setup so far, car drives normally, 300miles no CEL

Combo of Headers and Airbox/93mm TB makes a significant difference over stock... 52lbft at the wheels and 45whp and this is without any ram air.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:24 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Wait what? Headers + a new throttle body is giving you 50+ whp gain?

Photos of this new throttle body and plenum?
Old 04-20-2019, 07:34 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Wait what? Headers + a new throttle body is giving you 50+ whp gain?

Photos of this new throttle body and plenum?
Headers and. our Dual cone airbox, center plenum and 93mm Throttle body, to be accurate makes 52lbft and 46whp in static air. Will make more once the car is moving....

Dont have pics of the TB/Center as we were testing them for drivability. I’ll get pics up after the holiday

Old 04-20-2019, 07:43 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Looks great. Is it likely that the same intake box will fit the Touring? Or will it require and new design?
Old 04-20-2019, 07:56 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

How much and when can I order it all?
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3
Looks great. Is it likely that the same intake box will fit the Touring? Or will it require and new design?
The GT3 and Touring both need a different design. We’re working on that now, (the way the air enters the airbox is different than on an RS).
Old 04-20-2019, 08:00 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by joejenie
How much and when can I order it all?
All is available now, shoot me an email!
Old 04-20-2019, 08:03 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

How's the noise level? My 2019 GT3RS barely passes sound at oour noise iimited track. with the OEM exhaust. I'm guessing that better flow - more power = louder?

Best,
Old 04-20-2019, 08:47 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
How's the noise level? My 2019 GT3RS barely passes sound at oour noise iimited track. with the OEM exhaust. I'm guessing that better flow - more power = louder?

Best,
That does get tricky for sure. It’s one of the reasons we made our Quiet Lifetime Muffler. Reduces dB’s about 10-12dB over stock. The quiet muffler and turn downs seem to do the trick for all but the craziest of sound restrictions. We have bolted in the quiet muffler on a 991.2 Gt3 and passed sound at Laguna. YMMV as most tracks just have a sound meter but no idea of the physics of what they’re measuring. dBA, dBC etc...

Quick Reply: Dundon Street Header (catted) Testing on 991.2 GT3RS