Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dundon Street Header (catted) Testing on 991.2 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 12:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Jaime- regarding the Purple line- quite impressive. I believe you previously conveyed that on the .2 GT3 that the ECU will intervene and limit the amt of torque avail. How you all getting around that w/o a tune??
Old 03-17-2019, 12:37 PM
80p
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the plan for the TB/filter to be RS or winged GT3s only?
Old 03-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I think that's my point. Can one assume?

If you re-dyno any of these cars two months later, will the dyno yield the same numbers?

Yes, good data
I just wonder if you can truly draw concrete conclusions from it.
We’ve dyno’d not only the same car multiple times over many years we dyno’d different cars with the same results...

At at some point when you get the same results over and over again and it’s repeated again and again you draw conclusions.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Very interested in your thoughts after 30 days.

I am on the fence but if I am going to spend $5000 plus it is not just going to be for sound for sure
We’ve seriously just shipped 15+ systems just like this one in the last 2 weeks most all to 991.2 GT3/RS owners. Every one that installs it says something like this:

Jaime- regarding the Purple line- quite impressive. I believe you previously conveyed that on the .2 GT3 that the ECU will intervene and limit the amt of torque avail. How you all getting around that w/o a tune??
We will have to verify the TB works on the 991.2 GT3 as well and the ecu isn’t torque limiting. What we can say is for the RS it isn’t. Once we done more testing we’ll be able to say with certainty.

Originally Posted by 80p
Is the plan for the TB/filter to be RS or winged GT3s only?
TB for all, The touring has a pretty trick filter setup from the factory. Ours may improve on it, but we’ll have to test to see!

Last edited by Jamie@dundonmotorsports; 03-17-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 01:35 PM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Very interested in your thoughts after 30 days.

I am on the fence but if I am going to spend $5000 plus it is not just going to be for sound for sure
Sure mate .. I ll install them in the next 15 days...
Old 04-18-2019, 01:42 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Update on the Airbox?

Incoming 3RS needs some upgrades
Old 04-18-2019, 02:25 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Street headers installed.... The process was quick and simple for my mechanic...after the installation i have driven the gt3 for only 50 km... The ecu needs to adapt to the new set up... So i ll dyno the car at the beginning of may after my next trackday... The sound at low rpm and under partial engine load is intese an very racy... From the inside of the car i cannot say much about the upper rpm... Very good sound and not too high.... But i need a video from the outside to understand more.... My neighbors are not to happy about my cold starts... :-))))))))))
Old 04-18-2019, 05:00 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

As the car in the video and that was being tested was my car I will give a few thoughts...
1. From stock to The street Header setup, the sound is absolutely amazing and the performance is noticeable.
2. As many have said Dundon is great to deal with and stands behind their product 100%. Their fit and finish has came a long way and is excellent.
I couldn't be happier with the sound and performance! First track event next week at Thunder Hill. Very excited!
Thanks Jamie and Crew!!
Old 04-18-2019, 05:10 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Update on the Airbox?

Incoming 3RS needs some upgrades
The complete kit of Dual Reverse Cone Airbox, 93mm Throttle Body and Big Mouth Center Plenum have been made available to trusted beta testers. We’re running them on our cars at the moment and will be instrumenting my 991.2RS to get the data everyone is asking for, how much more power at speed...
Old 04-18-2019, 05:15 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by HEAT'N'COOL
As the car in the video and that was being tested was my car I will give a few thoughts...
1. From stock to The street Header setup, the sound is absolutely amazing and the performance is noticeable.
2. As many have said Dundon is great to deal with and stands behind their product 100%. Their fit and finish has came a long way and is excellent.
I couldn't be happier with the sound and performance! First track event next week at Thunder Hill. Very excited!
Thanks Jamie and Crew!!
Could not have said it better myself. Now you have me all giddy to install my Dundon Street setup on my .2 3RS.

The exhaust for my .2 is the second one I have bought from Dundon. The first one on my .1 RS was amazing. Everything on the exhaust was as advertised by them and the install was simple. I did it myself in about 2 hours from start to finish. First impressions on the car when I installed it was you could immediately tell a difference in sound. Inside the car though it was almost as quiet as the stock exhaust with valves open. When I traded the car in I removed the Dundon headers installing the stock exhaust back on the car. Immediately you could feel a difference in throttle response and torque. The .2 GT3 RS feels like my old .1 RS when it had the Dundon headers on it. So I know the .2 GT3 RS will liven up when I install the new setup on it. Can't Wait!
Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 PM
HEAT'N'COOL
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Could not have said it better myself. Now you have me all giddy to install my Dundon Street setup on my .2 3RS.

The exhaust for my .2 is the second one I have bought from Dundon. The first one on my .1 RS was amazing. Everything on the exhaust was as advertised by them and the install was simple. I did it myself in about 2 hours from start to finish. First impressions on the car when I installed it was you could immediately tell a difference in sound. Inside the car though it was almost as quiet as the stock exhaust with valves open. When I traded the car in I removed the Dundon headers installing the stock exhaust back on the car. Immediately you could feel a difference in throttle response and torque. The .2 GT3 RS feels like my old .1 RS when it had the Dundon headers on it. So I know the .2 GT3 RS will liven up when I install the new setup on it. Can't Wait!
You are going to love it! The half throttle between shifts is pure enjoyment!
Old 04-18-2019, 09:53 PM
Johnny Five
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 195 Posts

Very interesting. So the setup in the dyno is your catted headers combined with your valved side deletes? How much does your full street system weigh with stock .2 3RS muffler compared with full stock system? How much does your Orange (quiet) muffler weigh compared to stock .2 3RS muffler?

What is the likelihood of burning up the stock muffler running your full street system? How often do CEL’s pop up using this system? Is there an easy way to clear the CEL codes and, more importantly, verify the CEL is exhaust related and not a separate issue that needs investigation?

Finally, how noticeable is the 4-5k torque drop compared to stock from a driving perspective, is it noticeable? Any other users with input on this?

I’m wanting to pull the trigger. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2019, 12:37 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas

Seth, Will you have it installed for Smokies? Best, Allan
Old 04-19-2019, 06:46 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie@dundonmotorsports

We installed our Long Tube Catted Street Headers and a Lifetime Black muffler on this beautiful 991.2 Lizard RS

Let's start with the pull away video

https://youtu.be/OiMLJnxx65M

And the dyno video

https://youtu.be/IT5FcNld5Fo

And now onto the discussion

Stock the 991.2 GT3RS is stout, making 467-468whp peak on our dyno. To put this in context:

997.1 GT3 rated at 415hp makes 360whp
997.2 GT3 rated at 435hp makes 385whp
997.2 GT3RS rated at 450hp makes 400whp
991.1 GT3 rated at 475hp makes 400whp
991.1 GT3RS rated at 500hp makes 430whp
991.2 GT3 PDK rated at 500hp makes 445-448whp
991.2 GT3 Manual rated at 500hp makes 455-460whp
991.2 GT3RS rated at 520hp makes 467-468whp

You get the idea... 991.2 GT3/RS and 991.2 GT3 either have incredibly efficient drivetrains as the losses are much smaller than the 991.1’s or more likely are making more power than their rating says they are (nice work Porsche!). One thing to note on the stock dyno trace is past 8100 the engine loses 70whp... Our Catted Street Headers make a significant difference is helping this!

So here's the results of the testing:
Stock Runs had intake air temps in the low 53-58F
Dundon Street Header runs had intake air temps 71-73F
The ECU will start trimming power levels back at 68F intake air temps, so we bet there's more in it than this with just the headers, but this is enough for now.

40lbft at the wheels at 4300rpm
30whp gains from 8200-9000rpm
16whp peak gains

Some of you may see the Purple line above the other traces. This is the results of our Prototype Big Throttle Body and Airfilter box we have in development starting with the 991 GT3/RS.
50lbft, at 4300rpm, 25whp gains peak, 40whp gains with the combination. This is all without a tune...

Once the prototype parts are ready, we'll announce, but wanted to let you know that while everyones worried about what sounds best, we're over here working on getting this engine to run the best and make the most power!

991.2 GT3RS Stock, Street Headers/Loud Muffler and Prototype Airfilter Box and Larger TB

And for those curious Race headers made about the same gains, a little less peak than the Street headers, and a touch more in the midrange. And yes the TB/airfilter box testing was done with the Race headers, but since race and street gave very similar results, we're confident the TB results carry to the Street headers (had to deliver the car back to the customer so couldn't test this combo, yet...)

Here we go again...
Information you provided about powertrain losses gen. 1 vs .2, 70whp drop past 8000rpm and power differences in pdk vs manulal just confirm you are orbitig another planet.
I am just curious how naive people are to buy this bs.
Show us head to head comparison people are asking for. The few videos are just showing your (and I bet any other brand) get people few hp. gains from just removing cats. Rest is theory
Old 04-19-2019, 12:25 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
Here we go again...
Information you provided about powertrain losses gen. 1 vs .2, 70whp drop past 8000rpm and power differences in pdk vs manulal just confirm you are orbitig another planet.
I am just curious how naive people are to buy this bs.
Show us head to head comparison people are asking for. The few videos are just showing your (and I bet any other brand) get people few hp. gains from just removing cats. Rest is theory

Maybe you haven't been following the DMS threads since day 1. Of all the vendors out there, they have been the most transparent. They back their stuff with a money back guarantee....so why don't you buy a system, do the testing that will make you happy, then return it? I Have not heard of a dissatisfied customer of theirs yet. Many on RL respect what they provide this forum...... and the very few like to use this platform like Twitter. Barking negatives about everything all the time.

Quick Reply: Dundon Street Header (catted) Testing on 991.2 GT3RS