991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a tracked GT3!

Old 03-16-2019, 11:44 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

100k for that car is not a deal. That's a lot of track miles, I can only imagine what other wear and tear it has as well. Mechanically and cosmetically. My first GT3 I bought had only 4 track days and I had to replace all the clear bra, had to do lots of touch ups on the paint, replace all the plastic side skirts and spoilers, had to do the brakes, etc. You know for sure you'll have to do the hubs, who knows what else needs to be done.

I'd give this car a hard pass and find a clean example. The .1s are getting down there in price now.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:21 PM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 143 Posts

Does anyone have a link to the original .pdf for the complete recommended maintenance for driving on race circuits?
Old 03-16-2019, 03:42 PM
ChristyT
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
100k for that car is not a deal. That's a lot of track miles, I can only imagine what other wear and tear it has as well. Mechanically and cosmetically. My first GT3 I bought had only 4 track days and I had to replace all the clear bra, had to do lots of touch ups on the paint, replace all the plastic side skirts and spoilers, had to do the brakes, etc. You know for sure you'll have to do the hubs, who knows what else needs to be done.

I'd give this car a hard pass and find a clean example. The .1s are getting down there in price now.
Thank you for the info! I will definitely do my homework on this, and get a PPI. The car looks clean at least!

This is also going to be my daily, so I don't intend to put a ton of track miles on it, but I want it to be ready to go for those days that I do get the itch. I am tied up most weekends with kid stuff, so my track days will be limited to 2-3 per season.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:38 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Does anyone have a link to the parts needed for the "6,000 mile service"? I saw the notes posted, but can't find the parts online. Suncoast has a section for the 997 hubs and bearings: are they the same for 991?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a tracked GT3!