991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS VALUE IN 3 YEARS

Old 03-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

F40 eventually overcame lot of production. Didn't they make quite a few f40 compared to 50 and Enzo, as comparisons?
Old 03-16-2019, 06:17 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
It blows my mind the people who buy these cars spend 10k a year or more on vacations, 50k on kids schools, 30k on absolute bull****, unnecessary clothes, cosmetic procedures, concerts, events, anything and everything you can imagine, but still worry about losing 20k on a amazing car they get to enjoy for a few years. i just dont get it
It's cognitive dissonance. About five years ago there was an incident which caused oil prices to spike for a few weeks in my area. Especially hard hit was 93 octane which rose about 50 cents a gallon within a week, and was priced about 60 cents more a gallon than 89 octane. So while I was at the gas station, I saw what appeared to be a new S class MB coupe pull up to the pump next to the one I was using. I complemented the owner on his car and he reciprocated by complementing my Porsche. He told me that he custom ordered his car and took delivery two months ago. So what he did next astounded me. He selected 89 octane. I politely asked him if 89 octane was recommended for his car, and he told me that 93 was recommended but a couple of tankfuls of 89 wouldn't hurt the engine. He saved about $9 by using 89 octane. When I got home I checked the MB site, and his car stickered in the $135K - $140K range. So I suppose he believed that every dollar counts.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I agree it's special; so much so that i own one and used to own two. My fav car of all time. Only thing holding it back from having Enzo type valuations is production numbers. The reason I can justify buying it is because it is a bargain in the super car segment. Again, name another super car as remotely amazing as the CGT for under 1m; it doesn't exist. Why is it under 1m?: because they made 12xx of them and a boat-load of that production came to the US. So, until it makes sense to export them, it's not at all hard to find a $750k GT silver sub 10kmi CGT. And yes, it was wise to pick one up any dip they've had. Eventually the amazingness and uniqueness of the car will overcome the supply.
‘agree for sure
Old 03-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLCOMM
Waxer is easily the loneliest, saddest, and most disgruntled forum member. I can so easily imagine him sitting in front of his TV watching Fox News grinding his teeth and frothing at every mention of AOC.

And I guess we can add one of the dumbest. This is uninformed, stick your finger in the air, useless advice.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree it's special; so much so that i own one and used to own two. My fav car of all time. Only thing holding it back from having Enzo type valuations is production numbers. The reason I can justify buying it is because it is a bargain in the super car segment. Again, name another super car as remotely amazing as the CGT for under 1m; it doesn't exist. Why is it under 1m?: because they made 12xx of them and a boat-load of that production came to the US. So, until it makes sense to export them, it's not at all hard to find a $750k GT silver sub 10kmi CGT. And yes, it was wise to pick one up any dip they've had. Eventually the amazingness and uniqueness of the car will overcome the supply.
Car that exists better than CGT below 7 figures

standard lexus lfa in the $400-$500k range.
Nurburging edition $800-$950k
Old 03-16-2019, 07:34 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Great thread
lmao
Old 03-16-2019, 07:36 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

F40 eventually overcame lot of production. Didn't they make quite a few f40 compared to 50 and Enzo, as comparisons?
Yes to your answer ,they made a little over 1,300 F-40's way more than the F-50 and Enzo. The Ferrari world as you probably know is much different than Porsche when it comes to the value and pricing of these earlier cars. Many times the rationale is hard to understand except that they all look beautiful.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:27 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

gt is not f40
if made 10000 f40 they will still hold value
lots of cgt made I hold $
I wish it tank. I have 21 parking spaces. I don’t mind buying 21 more.

gt3rs is just a car
if they made 100 of 992.2gt3rs it will still b gt3rs

rs 4.0 well if u drove one u get it.
tgey could dounjebyhe production no matter

yes number matters
but end of the day it’s the gut feel

cadillac made avanti late 80. low production
BITTER low production
spyker
maybach
lagonda

their value?
Old 03-16-2019, 08:48 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

AOC is she the comedian on news? I love her she’s way funnier than leno or seinfeld ever were. I had rice shooting out my ears laughing so hard.

Originally Posted by kyrocks
GT3RS value in 3 years will be 77.58% of MSRP.
I knew u are a quant jock my friend

I think they just made too many 991 GT for values to stay very high. I think RS going tt will keep it from depreciating much but too many across 991 cycle for it to ever be scarce enough to make them really rise in value. On a different scale, the CGT, as amazing of a machine as it is can't really rise like some of its comparable super cars because of the number in N America. You need both elements: supply and demand to make a car appreciate. Next RS going TT will create demand but you can't change the supply side of the equation and it is off the charts high across all 991 GT's.

They made so many 991 GT, it's even having an impact on older GT/RS cars imo.
fine wine matures slowly
u will see
cgt that is

Originally Posted by joejenie
Agree 100%. People can't believe I make my kids pay for their own college. Almost child abuse. haha. I just hope my timing is good to bounce the last few checks. Other problem is I can't afford to help pay for college. Buying too many cars.
lol u need new friends
most ppl are raising a new generation of pushovers. new med interns have hours limits. christ 8 hours into open heart surgery. sorry dude I need a smoke break
and a foot massage. i’ll be back

my arch intern can’t take criticism after I told her the details on window jamb sucked and she had to do it 50 plus times. with hand. fk cad. they don’t do pretty dwgs. use lead. look at ando, takamatsu, kahn, sarrinen dwgs. stop bitchin. just work and I will make u the best in the office

Originally Posted by Maverick787

CGT ......can’t touch one for less than 750k very close 2x in value very unique car. Actually happy to see all the GT cars so people can get them. The value is in the drive.
yes
but too many ppl dont drive them.

^^^I’m saying cgt lags behind other super car valuations. Show me another super car that can touch the cgt in most categories and under 1m.

totally agree porsche is producing boatload of gt cars and they are becoming accessible again. Totally agree the value is in driving them.
not many cars over 1mm are better than cgt to me
u know what happens in vegas stays in vegas. i
have a few caves. I hide clients’ cars, their infidelity and undisclosed assets to their spouses. yes it’s a real business; how do u think I pay for cars and ride bike surf RL all day long . many spouses
have contracts out for my head. that’s why I never stay at one place more than an hour and the mooty u meet in real life may or may not be mooty

in the caves there are some well ..... special cars which I been allowed to drive. after all I have your secret. ummmm. none are good enough to
my heart. except 250 lusso sold after clients divorce. touch the curves makes my pants tight. also mac f-1 which is way above my pay grade. the rest are just cars to me. fun to drive no interest in having. one
Originally Posted by Golden Boy

Car that exists better than CGT below 7 figures

standard lexus lfa in the $400-$500k range.
Nurburging edition $800-$950k
LFA is a formidable piece of engineering but I like diane lane/k hepburn ; grace jones or cat woman (brads ex forgot name) not so much. but LFA is good no doubt.

I get grumpy and start buying stuff if I don’t drive or ride. ca hs what a whole year of rain. I rashes bike
and brole hand unable to drive. bought two bikes three cars. now I can drive ride again sold two cars and one bike. bc driving is the value. its
the cheapsst therapy.

Old 03-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mooty
gt is not f40
if made 10000 f40 they will still hold value
lots of cgt made I hold $
I wish it tank. I have 21 parking spaces. I don’t mind buying 21 more.

gt3rs is just a car
if they made 100 of 992.2gt3rs it will still b gt3rs

rs 4.0 well if u drove one u get it.
tgey could dounjebyhe production no matter

yes number matters
but end of the day it’s the gut feel

cadillac made avanti late 80. low production
BITTER low production
spyker
maybach
lagonda

their value?
Some cars go up even if production is greater than 1500 or 2000 units.

05-06 Ford GT
Old 03-16-2019, 08:58 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Waxer

Some cars go up even if production is greater than 1500 or 2000 units.

05-06 Ford GT
yes I believe we are in agreement
number is just one factor
not a ford guy don’t kill me
but I KNOW and understand FGT
to a ford guy, owning a FGT is like meeting christ, sakamoni, mary.... there’s no question that it would go up in value. and even if it doesn’t , a ford collection is rubbish without at least one FGT

i
hops u have the new FGT inbound too
Old 03-16-2019, 09:00 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Is that a dark grey or a GT Silver?
Old 03-16-2019, 09:43 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

yes I believe we are in agreement
number is just one factor
not a ford guy don’t kill me
but I KNOW and understand FGT
to a ford guy, owning a FGT is like meeting christ, sakamoni, mary.... there’s no question that it would go up in value. and even if it doesn’t , a ford collection is rubbish without at least one FGT

i
hops u have the new FGT inbound too
Nope. No new FGT inbound. Content with my RS and ‘05 FGT. The 05/06 Ford GT is an amazing car on many levels and timeless. An important “moment in time car”. Much like the CGT.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:05 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=ILLCOMM;15708319]Waxer is easily the loneliest, saddest, and most disgruntled forum member. I can so easily imagine him sitting in front of his TV watching Fox News grinding his teeth and frothing at every mention of AOC.

Typical AOC supporter. Cant pay up for rennlist membership. 😂.

Please keep forum up to date on don lemon, chris cuomo and jussie smollet
Old 03-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE=Golden Boy;15709014]

Originally Posted by ILLCOMM
Waxer is easily the loneliest, saddest, and most disgruntled forum member. I can so easily imagine him sitting in front of his TV watching Fox News grinding his teeth and frothing at every mention of AOC.

Typical AOC supporter. Cant pay up for rennlist membership. 😂.

Please keep forum up to date on don lemon, chris cuomo and jussie smollet
Nailed it. 👍

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3RS VALUE IN 3 YEARS