Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS VALUE IN 3 YEARS

Old 03-16-2019, 05:50 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche526
this forum has more idiots then i expected perhaps some of you guys that replied with the stupid answers are the ones that need SUNLIGHT !!!!
Sunlight doesn't fix people with stupid answers.

Moonlight, sunlight, any light, anything doesn't fix people with stupid questions.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:01 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche526
i dont go to parties nor do i want friends

Old 03-16-2019, 07:54 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
It blows my mind the people who buy these cars spend 10k a year or more on vacations, 50k on kids schools, 30k on absolute bull****, unnecessary clothes, cosmetic procedures, concerts, events, anything and everything you can imagine, but still worry about losing 20k on a amazing car they get to enjoy for a few years. i just dont get it
Lol... that’s just the silly meaningless chit...
really want a head scratcher? Look at what happening to the country with the AOC wave.

To OP: Did you expect opinions or fact as an answer. If, fact you are the stupid one. If opinions then you will get some correct ones and some incorrect ones. Then all you have to do is select the correct opinion and post a thread on who thinks it’s correct unless you know for a fact it’s correct...no wait, then that would mean this entire thread was a waste.

AOC says we are all dead in 12 years. She must be right. She got erected to Congress to pass laws and stuff. She good at predicting stuff. Try her.

If you were around here more you would know “value” threads are not favored. Attacking those who have been here much longer than you will be counter productive.

So so now I’ll give you my 2 cents.

Depends. If your crystal ball is correct that 992 GT3RS is TT then values will stay very high. If not, expect 10% to 15% drop in value

Last edited by Waxer; 03-16-2019 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I think they just made too many 991 GT for values to stay very high. I think RS going tt will keep it from depreciating much but too many across 991 cycle for it to ever be scarce enough to make them really rise in value. On a different scale, the CGT, as amazing of a machine as it is can't really rise like some of its comparable super cars because of the number in N America. You need both elements: supply and demand to make a car appreciate. Next RS going TT will create demand but you can't change the supply side of the equation and it is off the charts high across all 991 GT's.

They made so many 991 GT, it's even having an impact on older GT/RS cars imo.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:29 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

GT3RS value in 3 years will be 77.58% of MSRP.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:41 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
beside 996gt3RS and 997RS4.0 NONE of the water pumper RS are worthy to be collected.
let others collect,
smart ones drive their toys
it's pointless to die with money in the bank
I will be sure I use up everything I got.
kids? hahaha, they go public school and I told them, I have zero interest paying for their college.
full ride or just sleep on the street. it worked fine for me.
Agree 100%. People can't believe I make my kids pay for their own college. Almost child abuse. haha. I just hope my timing is good to bounce the last few checks. Other problem is I can't afford to help pay for college. Buying too many cars.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I think they just made too many 991 GT for values to stay very high. I think RS going tt will keep it from depreciating much but too many across 991 cycle for it to ever be scarce enough to make them really rise in value. On a different scale, the CGT, as amazing of a machine as it is can't really rise like some of its comparable super cars because of the number in N America. You need both elements: supply and demand to make a car appreciate. Next RS going TT will create demand but you can't change the supply side of the equation and it is off the charts high across all 991 GT's.

They made so many 991 GT, it's even having an impact on older GT/RS cars imo.
CGT ......can’t touch one for less than 750k very close 2x in value very unique car. Actually happy to see all the GT cars so people can get them. The value is in the drive.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

^^^I’m saying cgt lags behind other super car valuations. Show me another super car that can touch the cgt in most categories and under 1m.

totally agree porsche is producing boatload of gt cars and they are becoming accessible again. Totally agree the value is in driving them.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

^^^I’m saying cgt lags behind other super car valuations. Show me another super car that can touch the cgt in most categories and under 1m.

totally agree porsche is producing boatload of gt cars and they are becoming accessible again. Totally agree the value is in driving them.
When you say lag other super cars what’s your qualification so I can follow. CGT was a 2004 model around 1200 built, and it trades at 2X the original sale price for a 14 year old car. Remember CGT was a limited production car like a hand full of other Porsche models, and was succeeded by the 918. Special car if you can get one for the right price.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Is that really what's happening though? Or is it people who are right on the edge of not being able to afford these cars so they are super stressed about the financial implications?
yeah lots of people here who don't know where their sandbox is. good to have dreams and all but what good is owning the car if you spend more time worrying about value than enjoying the actual drive
Old 03-16-2019, 11:56 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
lol lexvan really giving it to op
Old 03-16-2019, 04:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

They will build more 992.1 GT cars than 991.2 GT cars and then more 992.2 GT cars than 992.1GT cars...Porsche is a for-profit company that has to grow revenues and the button line....they aren't in business to build cars for collectors.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:32 PM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
really want a head scratcher? Look at what happening to the country with the AOC wave.
Waxer is easily the loneliest, saddest, and most disgruntled forum member. I can so easily imagine him sitting in front of his TV watching Fox News grinding his teeth and frothing at every mention of AOC.

Originally Posted by Waxer
Depends. If your crystal ball is correct that 992 GT3RS is TT then values will stay very high. If not, expect 10% to 15% drop in value
And I guess we can add one of the dumbest. This is uninformed, stick your finger in the air, useless advice.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:35 PM
ILLCOMM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Is that really what's happening though? Or is it people who are right on the edge of not being able to afford these cars so they are super stressed about the financial implications?
Yes. This. It's OK for folks to stretch, but betting on fantasy depreciation rates (or appreciation!) is dangerous.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
When you say lag other super cars what’s your qualification so I can follow. CGT was a 2004 model around 1200 built, and it trades at 2X the original sale price for a 14 year old car. Remember CGT was a limited production car like a hand full of other Porsche models, and was succeeded by the 918. Special car if you can get one for the right price.
I agree it's special; so much so that i own one and used to own two. My fav car of all time. Only thing holding it back from having Enzo type valuations is production numbers. The reason I can justify buying it is because it is a bargain in the super car segment. Again, name another super car as remotely amazing as the CGT for under 1m; it doesn't exist. Why is it under 1m?: because they made 12xx of them and a boat-load of that production came to the US. So, until it makes sense to export them, it's not at all hard to find a $750k GT silver sub 10kmi CGT. And yes, it was wise to pick one up any dip they've had. Eventually the amazingness and uniqueness of the car will overcome the supply.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3RS VALUE IN 3 YEARS