'19 GT3 RS PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection)-video

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts
Default '19 GT3 RS PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection)-video

Have you ever wondered how a PDI is done? Well,here it is :

Also,make sure to subscribe,comment and this channel. This is a new Porsche channel of a Porsche tech that takes pride in his work! While I've always been a big critic,it is my pleasure to recommend somebody like this! I have no affiliation but I am highly pleased that these type of techs still exist!
He works for Loeber Porsche in Chicago Illinois and those that service their cars there should be happy to have such a tech working on their cars.

The rest :

For all you Porsche techs out there that respect your job,this is how a major service is done! When you write on the piece of paper that you've replaced filters and you get a customer like myself that checks your work and finds old filters,it looks terrible! When you say you've cleaned debris and I find more debris in the radiator than when I came in...it looks terrible!
When you say you've replaced wiper blades and the old ones are in there...it looks terrible! When you say you've lubricated stuff that you've never touched...it looks terrible!

This is how an 800$(or more) service should be performed!

Old 03-13-2019, 05:50 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I'll be honest with you...What I see is a proper PDI which my dealer does and likely most Porsche dealers do. This is a typical install of all the pieces that come with the car. I would be shocked if a dealer doesn't do what I believe to be the bear minimum for a new car. It is nice that he did a video to show all involved but seems pretty straight forward.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:02 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SDGT3
I'll be honest with you...What I see is a proper PDI which my dealer does and likely most Porsche dealers do. This is a typical install of all the pieces that come with the car. I would be shocked if a dealer doesn't do what I believe to be the bear minimum for a new car. It is nice that he did a video to show all involved but seems pretty straight forward.
Pretty standard of course. Take some time to watch some of his other videos(like the one I've posted with the major maintenance) to see where the difference is made!
Old 03-13-2019, 06:10 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Also,you must not have read threads where they've left suspension shipping blocks causing noise. So yes,they can f up a simple PDI!
Old 03-13-2019, 07:45 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Also,you must not have read threads where they've left suspension shipping blocks causing noise. So yes,they can f up a simple PDI!
Don't deny it can happen, but any dealer that gets there fair share of GT cars should know better. Sometimes they give the PDIs to the new kid on the block which is another discussion for another day.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:33 PM
jchou38
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow only if every dealership was like that. im subscribed to him!
Old 03-14-2019, 05:54 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jchou38
wow only if every dealership was like that. im subscribed to him!
He has pretty cool videos and the editing is great! Not much Porsche content out there...

Quick Reply: '19 GT3 RS PDI(Pre Delivery Inspection)-video