Buyers Beware: Vandalized 4 x Brand New GT2RS + GT3RS at Downtown LA - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Reload this Page >

Buyers Beware: Vandalized 4 x Brand New GT2RS + GT3RS at Downtown LA

Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Buyers Beware: Vandalized 4 x Brand New GT2RS + GT3RS at Downtown LA

Old 03-12-2019, 01:14 AM
vroomz
User

Default Buyers Beware: Vandalized 4 x Brand New GT2RS + GT3RS at Downtown LA

See here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1133...l#post15697544

It seems that sharing this info with everyone is a good way to ensure no one gets screwed buying a car that's been repainted.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:22 AM
kpflynn
User

How many GT2RS is Porsche making? How does one dealer have EIGHT all sitting?
Old 03-12-2019, 08:55 AM
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member

Someone will buy them for an ADM....cars are brand new and repainted by the dealer.....won't show up on the carfax.....many of us own cars that were touched up or had some paint work and don't even know it.....
Old 03-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Agent_Orange
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kpflynn View Post
Great question, it appears other dealers are getting unordered extras too, Porsche production numbers could get huge

Originally Posted by PCA1983 View Post
It's unbelievable and unthinkable that dealer had those cars parked outside. It's too bad he didn't have live security and a remotely controlled Phalanx gun to eliminate the perps. How does a franchised Porsche Dealer not have indoor parking for cars like these? ��
It is almost like they do not care
​​​​​​​.this could be a key point

Last edited by Agent_Orange; 03-12-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kpflynn View Post
Because they didn't sell the allocations for high ADMs so they spec'ed the cars themselves and now are sitting on them while the market continues to soften. Wonder if they realize that time is not on their side.
Old 03-12-2019, 04:31 PM
RyanSD
User

Quite a few of them for sale
Old 03-12-2019, 04:58 PM
Ducati1199
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd take the 2018 model as it appears its got 10HP more than the standard GT2 RS?!??!?!
Old 03-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member

Porsche DT LA..... We've got Hollywood, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Kings... etc. People will pay.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:39 PM
yxc145
User

Originally Posted by Psorcery View Post
Porsche DT LA..... We've got Hollywood, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Kings... etc. People will pay.
I think GT2 RS are not really for the Hollywood type. They would probably go for Ferrari or Lambo before getting a GT car.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Psorcery
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yxc145 View Post
I think GT2 RS are not really for the Hollywood type. They would probably go for Ferrari or Lambo before getting a GT car.
I would typically agree with this but you'd be surprised... I'm so so sorry for posting this as I hate these videos... But you can hear the NBA star mention he bought it because of its value. Pro athletes don't seem to be dumb as a box o' rox anymore. They're finally understanding terms like "gross, and net".

I've noticed a big up rise in celebs jumping into GT cars.. Posing of course!
Old 03-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Bobby 911
User

you can hear the NBA star mention he bought it because of its value. Pro athletes don't seem to be dumb as a box o' rox anymore. They're finally understanding terms like "gross, and net".
idk about that, rivers got into duke so he's not your typical pro athlete. i deal with the pro athletes on a regular basis and guys like jay williams, shane battier, grant hill, christian laettner, austin rivers, and other duke guys are very different from the NBA norm. trust me. as an aside, could not get thru that video with parker just smooching austin's rear the entire time. smh
Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 AM
shapiroeric
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've noticed a big up rise in celebs jumping into GT cars.. Posing of course!
And that's different than most owners?....so if you're a celebrity you're a poser if you buy a GT car?.....but if you're a regular Joe you're not?.....sorry that's just a blanket incorrect statement......plenty of celebs are car people that can out drive most on this board.....
Old 03-13-2019, 12:54 PM
Golden Boy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Being a better driver doesn’t give you the rights to a car.... having the $$$ is what does. To each his own. Hopefully everyone enjoys what they buy. Haters going to hate
Old 03-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Bobby 911
User

Originally Posted by shapiroeric View Post
And that's different than most owners?....so if you're a celebrity you're a poser if you buy a GT car?.....but if you're a regular Joe you're not?.....sorry that's just a blanket incorrect statement......plenty of celebs are car people that can out drive most on this board.....
+1
Old 03-13-2019, 06:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
Being a better driver doesn’t give you the rights to a car.... having the $$$ is what does. To each his own. Hopefully everyone enjoys what they buy. Haters going to hate
And posers are gonna pose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: