991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Another Successful P1Designs Install

Old 05-08-2019, 08:15 PM
anselmw
User

Originally Posted by wishman44 View Post
Anyone try the sport tex inserts?
Yes, think I had one of the first sets made in it. Luv them and P1Designs did an awesome job with them.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:32 PM
wishman44
Addict
Rennlist Member

My sport-tex (silver stripes) are already on order!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:42 AM
Apex Ace
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wishman44 View Post
My sport-tex (silver stripes) are already on order!
Mine too.... I have the patience of a 2 year-old. I hate waiting.... but it’ll be worth it.
-Dave
Old 05-09-2019, 01:07 AM
Bossing
User

Installed my Thompson Blue Tartan last week before Smokies GT.... P1 Designs did a nice job overall including sourcing my specific tartan spec. They were also one of the sponsors of the SmokiesGT event.

Thompson has thin yellow and red accent stripes to accentuate the primary grey-blue/black plaid pattern. It complements well my Graphite Blue GT3 with yellow belts/calipers and red center steering wheel stripe and red SC gauge.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:19 AM
David40
User

I reload this topic yesterday to get help to find from which car this cloth is coming ... is someone could help to find it ?
Old 05-09-2019, 10:31 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by David40 View Post

I reload this topic yesterday to get help to find from which car this cloth is coming ... is someone could help to find it ?
Hi David40,

We have access to this fabric and can create a set of inserts for your LWBs. However, we do not sell fabric separately. If you are interested in a set of inserts, please PM me or send an email via our contact information on our website.

Regards - Kim

Featured Options:
Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
Memory Foam

www.P1Designs.com
Dallas, Texas
214-304-0783
Old 05-18-2019, 08:04 AM
Overdraft
Addict
Rennlist Member

I am a bit of a purist so purchasing non OEM inserts for my LWBs was carefully considered. I have always admired houndstooth on vintage 911s - and this change being easily reversible - so I thought, why not?

I have a Jet Black Touring and I received my red-white-black houndstooth about 8 weeks ago from P1, finally got around to putting them in two weeks back. I was going to post a picture of them insitu but the lighting does NO justice to the improvement to the interior of my car so leave the better photos taken by others on this thread as a testament to the visual impact of this change. I can state the inserts are of the highest quality and a precise fit.

The Touring interior is very businesslike and purposeful so (for me anyway) the red-white-black colour was a welcome pop to the space and picked up the red stitching and red callipers on my car. Quite frankly, it is more of an ‘event’ to peer into the interior now...pretty special. I brought the GT3 T in for its first service this week and the consensus from the service and sales guys at the Porsche store was WOW.

I did the upgraded material and added the memory foam option which I would absolutely do (both) again. Remarkably- the foam is substantially more comfortable without being sloppy/ cushy if that makes sense....and makes exiting the seat just a little easier. The install was easy and took 15 minutes or so....and even the plastic clip on the passenger seat proved to be easier to unhook then noted. The storage bags for the OEM inserts are a nice touch.

Kim from P1 was a pleasant and professional in offering counsel and colour options before the sale - and following shipping and satisfaction with the product after. Not to overstate the simplicity of the transaction but rather to point out it was seamless and as business should be done - which is remarkable in commerce today.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:50 AM
cscrogham
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft View Post
I am a bit of a purist so purchasing non OEM inserts for my LWBs was carefully considered. I have always admired houndstooth on vintage 911s - and this change being easily reversible - so I thought, why not?

I have a Jet Black Touring and I received my red-white-black houndstooth about 8 weeks ago from P1, finally got around to putting them in two weeks back. I was going to post a picture of them insitu but the lighting does NO justice to the improvement to the interior of my car so leave the better photos taken by others on this thread as a testament to the visual impact of this change. I can state the inserts are of the highest quality and a precise fit.

The Touring interior is very businesslike and purposeful so (for me anyway) the red-white-black colour was a welcome pop to the space and picked up the red stitching and red callipers on my car. Quite frankly, it is more of an ‘event’ to peer into the interior now...pretty special. I brought the GT3 T in for its first service this week and the consensus from the service and sales guys at the Porsche store was WOW.

I did the upgraded material and added the memory foam option which I would absolutely do (both) again. Remarkably- the foam is substantially more comfortable without being sloppy/ cushy if that makes sense....and makes exiting the seat just a little easier. The install was easy and took 15 minutes or so....and even the plastic clip on the passenger seat proved to be easier to unhook then noted. The storage bags for the OEM inserts are a nice touch.

Kim from P1 was a pleasant and professional in offering counsel and colour options before the sale - and following shipping and satisfaction with the product after. Not to overstate the simplicity of the transaction but rather to point out it was seamless and as business should be done - which is remarkable in commerce today.
Sounds like we have the same car I chickened out of the black white red and went with the std black/white houndstooth would be interested to see how that looks in yours.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:53 PM
Nendo
User

Thanks Kim from P1 for everything. Thanks for the pictures before hand via email and timely production as well as quick shipping. The covers are great quality, very comfy and work great.

For my 2019 GT3RS I got the sport-tex silver fleck with memory foam added as well as drivers side bolster which works great.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: