Another Successful P1Designs Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:30 PM
GT3 Rey
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
All I can say is "WOW"!!!

That looks great. I ended up ordering the same set. Love your pedals, btw.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Okay- I have to say that I am surprisingly impressed. I mean, not that I set the bar low but these Cushions are the real deal. They look/made equal to better than OEM. So glad I did the memory foam. Big difference over the OEM cushions. There are certainly thicker and super comfy. You will need to re-adjust seat height ect because they are thicker. My Son made the comment like sitting on a cushy bed. I still need some more seat time to determine if you lose a little of that go-cart/firm feel of the car because they are so much more comfy but no way would I go back to the OEM. As well, they are even cooler, from temperature stand point, but I think that is one of the characteristics of the memory foam. Also- I find that you fit better with the Memory foam because if you are thicker build some times your hips press against the sides of the LWBs but for some reason because they are so soft they feel more roomy, as well.

Also- my Wife and son who laughed at the swatch and said that it was ugly and i should not order these Cushions now love the way they look. My Wife even came out to sit in them and She be impressed- not easy to impress her.

Probably one of the more rewarding Mods I have done on any of my Toys.

Now just awaiting the CF one-Piece for the steering wheel.

Love this car
Old 03-16-2019, 05:51 PM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

@Jimmy ... Some people might think that looks like a "Pink sweater on a Doberman"

( /jk ... for context, so people don't think I'm just being rude: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=94 )
Old 03-16-2019, 05:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by ezinternet
@Jimmy ... Some people might think that looks like a "Pink sweater on a Doberman"

( /jk ... for context, so people don't think I'm just being rude: https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=94 )
Funny but i was a little weary if I would like the look and I love the look. Really changes the interior from dull to classy but agree, not for everyone.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:28 PM
ezinternet
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for taking it well, Jimmy ... I've been following your footsteps and thought process for my 3RS. I just spent the last 1/2 hour in the Pepita threads :-)

My first car, the 924, had Pasha inserts, so fabric inserts would be a shout-out back to my youth.

(OT: From where did you order the carbon fiber mod for the wheel?)
Old 03-16-2019, 06:35 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by ezinternet
Thanks for taking it well, Jimmy ... I've been following your footsteps and thought process for my 3RS. I just spent the last 1/2 hour in the Pepita threads :-)

My first car, the 924, had Pasha inserts, so fabric inserts would be a shout-out back to my youth.

(OT: From where did you order the carbon fiber mod for the wheel?)
DB Carbon - Front Carbon trim arm for the sport design steering wheel. For the Porsche 991.2 GT3.

Old 03-16-2019, 07:40 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Jimmy-D: Glad you got them. They are a top, top notch product. Highest of quality. Better than OE.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:00 AM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Thank you, Jimmy D!! We are glad that you like the product, and we greatly appreciate the feedback regarding the quality and memory foam. We recently installed a set of red and white houndstooth with memory foam in David’s car, and he is enjoying the plush feel as well
-
Porsche Speedster & 918 Spyder

- Recaro Pole Position Seats

Featured Options:
- Integrated Lumbar Support (inflatable)
- Memory Foam
Old 03-18-2019, 11:40 AM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have the exact same material used on 911R which is more silver and gray using the seat belt fabric?
Old 03-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by oc997
Do they have the exact same material used on 911R which is more silver and gray using the seat belt fabric?
They have similar material which they are using but they do not have the Silver and Black, There is a Company that does but expect to pay 3 times what PI is charging if you want that exact color. I am overly ecstatic about the Black and White that they provided. I originally wanted the Silver and Black, as well, but after seeing them they look a little more dingy with the Silver. The Black and White pops which is pretty cool.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:47 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by oc997
Hi oc997, we have performed an exhaustive search for the 911R anniversary fabric and cannot locate it anywhere. If that changes, we will post on Rennlist since we have had many requests for this fabric.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:17 AM
3GO1GO
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks again Jimmy-D, Now I have to come up with new excuses for additional deliveries of "car stuff" for my GT3 that when purchased was perfect and needed nothing!
Old 03-22-2019, 02:54 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 29 Posts

added some tartan. as others have already said, p1 experience top-notch. ordering and deciding was a collaborative and fun process. (thank you Kim)!!! a coupla not so great photos...
The following users liked this post:
RennOracle (07-13-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 03:08 PM
P1Designs
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by chance

added some tartan. as others have already said, p1 experience top-notch. ordering and deciding was a collaborative and fun process. (thank you Kim)!!! a coupla not so great photos...
Simply gorgeous! It was a pleasure working with you and choosing the perfect color scheme - no doubt you nailed it. And though I don’t believe the photos showcase how beautiful that blue is, your pictures look awesome Thanks again!!
Old 03-23-2019, 12:55 AM
Nendo
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Okay- I have to say that I am surprisingly impressed. I mean, not that I set the bar low but these Cushions are the real deal. They look/made equal to better than OEM. So glad I did the memory foam. Big difference over the OEM cushions. There are certainly thicker and super comfy. You will need to re-adjust seat height ect because they are thicker. My Son made the comment like sitting on a cushy bed. I still need some more seat time to determine if you lose a little of that go-cart/firm feel of the car because they are so much more comfy but no way would I go back to the OEM. As well, they are even cooler, from temperature stand point, but I think that is one of the characteristics of the memory foam. Also- I find that you fit better with the Memory foam because if you are thicker build some times your hips press against the sides of the LWBs but for some reason because they are so soft they feel more roomy, as well.

Also- my Wife and son who laughed at the swatch and said that it was ugly and i should not order these Cushions now love the way they look. My Wife even came out to sit in them and She be impressed- not easy to impress her.

Probably one of the more rewarding Mods I have done on any of my Toys.

Now just awaiting the CF one-Piece for the steering wheel.

Love this car

I think I may have to go the memory foam route for my fat ***. Thanks for the review

Quick Reply: Another Successful P1Designs Install