Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

review between 600 lt, performante, and gt3rs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 05:08 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts
Default review between 600 lt, performante, and gt3rs!

Old 03-09-2019, 06:45 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

RS for the win
Old 03-09-2019, 06:55 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Good read thanks for sharing. I do think the Lambo is thr best one they have built .....my driving buddy has one and he loves the damn thing and owned 6 MAC’s and he will not sell the Performante. He does want an RS .........(:
Old 03-09-2019, 07:05 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

His comments about the Performante are spot on. I felt the same way about my own Huracan, and my friend's Performante that I tried. They are surely capable cars, but there's a weird disconnect. I just don't have any confidence, I don't feel at one with the car like I do my Porsches. I had my Huracan for over a year before I gave up on it, I just never liked the way it drove, and the Performante wasn't much better. Yes, they could both handle whatever I threw at them, but it didn't feel good, or satisfying in any way. I never felt quite sure what was going to happen. It's a shame, because if they drove like my Porsches I would absolutely have one in my garage right now.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:07 PM
obbob
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
His comments about the Performante are spot on. I felt the same way about my own Huracan, and my friend's Performante that I tried. They are surely capable cars, but there's a weird disconnect. I just don't have any confidence I don't feel at one with the car like I do my Porsches. I had my Huracan for over a year before I gave up on it, I just never liked the way it drove, and the Performante wasn't much better. Yes, they could both handle whatever I threw at them, but it didn't feel good, or satisfying in any way. I never felt quite sure what was going to happen. It's a shame, because if they drove like my Porsches I would absolutely have one in my garage right now.

Never driven a Performante, but driven 580 and 610 for about 1000 miles total. Was really shocked by the steering. It felt kind of odd and disconnected. I heard it has something to do with the variable steering software they put on the cars. Also heard they improved it in the Performante.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:36 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by obbob
Never driven a Performante, but driven 580 and 610 for about 1000 miles total. Was really shocked by the steering. It felt kind of odd and disconnected. I heard it has something to do with the variable steering software they put on the cars. Also heard they improved it in the Performante.
I didn't have that option on my car for the steering, so it wasn't that in my case. It might have been the magnetic suspension? I saw one reviewer that originally loved the car with regular suspension, but tried another car with the magnetic suspension and wasn't as thrilled. Maybe that's what was off about my car, it did have the magnetic suspension. Everything just felt numb and disconnected.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:44 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by obbob

yes they did . It’s really good.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rodsky
yes they did . It’s really good.
Didn't feel much better than my regular Huracan to be honest. Great car, just doesn't feel right to me.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:53 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Old article isn't it?
Old 03-09-2019, 08:39 PM
n d
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Old article isn't it?
I’ve never seen it! What’s the difference? Did you read it what was the date?
Old 03-10-2019, 02:58 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I like how the only thing he kind of picked at with the 600 lt was the exhaust sound...which is pretty subjective though yes, it's being compared to two cars that do have a certain perfectness to their soundtrack haha.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I like how the only thing he kind of picked at with the 600 lt was the exhaust sound...which is pretty subjective though yes, it's being compared to two cars that do have a certain perfectness to their soundtrack haha.
He didn't just pick on the sound with the LT. He also talked about the lack of connection between the cars throttle and it's rear wheels.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:00 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Funny: I was reading this review the night before but didn't post it based on the age of it figuring many had seen it.

I love the LT and the Perf but understand why the RS won and in my mind deservedly so.

The LT is awesome. However, the interior leaves me flat. I have lingering concerns with quality not helped with reports of continuing issues with electrical and resale which historically have been disastrous from my point of view. I have concerns with a tiny dealer net work and warranty claims not being honored which has been reported a rising issue with Mac. Whether the foregoing is totally true, partially true or not true at all it is there is still the lingering perception of the foregoing that has me balking. One need look no further than current values of the 675LT and 720S not to mention the MP412C. I can buy a 12C for $100K now. I don't think the problem is Mac launching a new model every year as much as the foregoing issues. I's a small company so I understand they need to keep variants of models coming. I would by a 12C but again the quality issues, expense of repair and lack of warranty has me shelving any idea of that.

The Perf has personality oozing from it and Machismo. It also sounds amazing and is NA but....as a drivers car it doesn't compare to the Mac and RS. Visibility is horrendous. Oh, and where are the front fenders/front wheels for reference to place it on the line/apex at the track.? You are sitting so far back from the windshield it takes getting used to. The seats are too hard. Other than that the interior unlike the Mac is gorgeous. Better dealer net work than the Mac and likely better resale. Quality is nice too. As to warranty not sure if Lambo is any good so can't comment.

Also lost in the sauce is the fact that the above two don't even use their own proprietary engine. Audi for the Perf and Mercedes Benz for the Mac.

The RS only has a 4.0 liter NA 6 but punches well above its weight. Proof? You need look no further than it's being compared and tested against the above two that bring a Turbo V8 and V10 to the fight yet the RS wins. It has also been compared/tested with the 488 and GT2RS and even being chosen above the GT2RS by some. Pretty damn impressive for a NA 4.0 flat 6. The Porsche's drivers position is damn near perfect IMHO. The GT3/RS to my eye is gorgeous and timeless and the RS is exotic, aggressive yet timeless in appearance all at the same time. It hasn't really changed much in basic shape since the 356 was launched and then morphed to the 911. Why? Because Porsche understands if it ain't broke don't fix it. It is the consummate driver's car and has been constantly perfected and honed since the 356. It's quality is top notch, its engine sound is matched by few, it has confidence inspiring warranty protection and dealer network and unmatched reliability historically. Not saying there haven't been issues but on average the cars from Zuffenhausen have been bullet proof and reliable. Porsche has historically always stood behind their cars most notably the 991.1 GT3 engine issues. . The Porsche brand has a rarely matched Motorsport history, heritage and aura matched only by the likes of a few such as Ferrari. The Porsche crest says a lot without saying a word. Add all this up and you also have solid resale values.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

^I thought Audi borrows the engine from Lambo for the R8??- I could be wrong
Old 03-10-2019, 04:34 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
His comments about the Performante are spot on. I felt the same way about my own Huracan, and my friend's Performante that I tried. They are surely capable cars, but there's a weird disconnect. I just don't have any confidence, I don't feel at one with the car like I do my Porsches. I had my Huracan for over a year before I gave up on it, I just never liked the way it drove, and the Performante wasn't much better. Yes, they could both handle whatever I threw at them, but it didn't feel good, or satisfying in any way. I never felt quite sure what was going to happen. It's a shame, because if they drove like my Porsches I would absolutely have one in my garage right now.
Did the Huracan had the dynamic steering? That alone kills 1/3 of the connection, even with the improvements, maybe the non electronic suspension helps in that department too.

Quick Reply: review between 600 lt, performante, and gt3rs!