Notices

California lifestyle?

Old 03-23-2019, 01:10 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

The one thing i have learned along the way is to not put a fence around your potential. We create our own limits just by the way we think about success, and the fences we construct in our minds. Our potential starts with that fence, and how you define success in the first place. Once you sort that out you work on goals, followed by the actions needed to make those goals happen.

If your fence is small, so will be your potential.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
The one thing i have learned along the way is to not put a fence around your potential. We create our own limits just by the way we think about success, and the fences we construct in our minds. Our potential starts with that fence, and how you define success in the first place. Once you sort that out you work on goals, followed by the actions needed to make those goals happen.
^^Indeed. Two of my favorite quotes:

"It's not who you are that holds you back. It's who you think you're not." ???

"A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning." Billie Jean King
Old 03-24-2019, 11:18 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nizer

"A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning." Billie Jean King
Nice!
Old 03-24-2019, 11:53 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

Haha, yes good quotes!
Turning into a great thread, also because just a couple years ago we were considering CA..

Make plans, goals and dreams then make them happen.
I didn’t plan or dream big enough, I realized once I got there :-), I learned that one should never be so sure about what one wants, that one is not able or forgets to get more/betterer.

Im a simple guy, if I park RS and stop shoveling cash into track hobby I think I literally couldn’t bring myself to go to work..Been working hard because I have a 3 month track vacation starting Wednesday.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 03-24-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Im a simple guy, if I park RS and stop shoveling cash into track hobby I think I literally couldn’t bring myself to go to work..Been working hard because I have a 3 month track vacation starting Wednesday.
Priorities. Your's seem well-sorted. I'll be living vicariously (again) via your ED until my allocation ship comes in.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:55 PM
robmypro
Race Director

The other thing to consider in the master plan is “living.” If i wanted i could double our business in 12 to 18 months. Probably much sooner. But then that means working 20 hours per week goes out the window. You never know how much time you have, so balancing “living” with your desire to win at monopoly is pretty important imo.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:43 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer

That 1st one is by Denis Waitley, the motivational speaker
Old 03-24-2019, 04:27 PM
VECCA
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

This is quickly turning into the best post on RL
Old 03-24-2019, 04:46 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,478 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
The other thing to consider in the master plan is “living.” If i wanted i could double our business in 12 to 18 months. Probably much sooner. But then that means working 20 hours per week goes out the window. You never know how much time you have, so balancing “living” with your desire to win at monopoly is pretty important imo.
u hit the nail on the head.
I watch my kids milling around the house.
I told them to get up at 6am. but the total productivity of them getting up at 6am vs 9am is same.
I had a serious talk with them. summary " getting up early is useless, getting up early is to have more productivity.... so get the work done... you gained three hours to work not three hours to milling around..."

once you comprehend the concept of TIME.. trust me, this is way harder then differential calculus for a 15 year old.... then your life would be way better. and that applies to adults too...
it irks me when ppl tell me they can't ride as much as I do... but they sleep 8 hour a day....
NO ONE REMEMBERS THE NIGHT THAT THEY HAD GOOD SLEEP

ok, I need to go do more efficient stuff now so I can then burnt the I "saved" on RL.
I am a hypocrite.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

^^ Have some sugar
Old 03-24-2019, 07:49 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
We still need to hear from cbrett about his final decision.....!

Thanks again everyone for turning this into an awesome thread! We haven't made a decision yet and probably won't for a while. We are going to Germany next week to pick up a GT3T and bounce around in it for a week. A week after we return to the states, we are going back out to Cali. We'll spend a couple days each in Palm Springs, Ventura, and Santa Monica. Anyone have any thoughts on Ventura? We also need to make another visit out to Scottsdale. It's been a long time since we have been there. Keep the recommendations and lively discussion coming!
Old 03-24-2019, 08:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Germany what day? I’m there Friday
Old 03-24-2019, 10:32 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by 911-TOUR
My life motto:

Success doesn't just happen, you make it happen.

I'm now on my 7th startup - my wife says this is a disease - some of them have done great, some of them not so much - but I've learned a lot from each of them and grown as entrepreneur and as a leader. My current venture is going gangbusters and a lot of that is due to lessons learned along the way (especially about listening and time management).

Can you share info on current venture? PM would be great if don't want to speak in public.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:28 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 301 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Can you share info on current venture? PM would be great if don't want to speak in public.
Happy to! PM Sent.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:34 AM
Smoking Rotors
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
u hit the nail on the head.
I watch my kids milling around the house.
I told them to get up at 6am. but the total productivity of them getting up at 6am vs 9am is same.
I had a serious talk with them. summary " getting up early is useless, getting up early is to have more productivity.... so get the work done... you gained three hours to work not three hours to milling around..."

once you comprehend the concept of TIME.. trust me, this is way harder then differential calculus for a 15 year old.... then your life would be way better. and that applies to adults too...
it irks me when ppl tell me they can't ride as much as I do... but they sleep 8 hour a day....
NO ONE REMEMBERS THE NIGHT THAT THEY HAD GOOD SLEEP

ok, I need to go do more efficient stuff now so I can then burnt the I "saved" on RL.
I am a hypocrite.
Woke up at daybreak this morning...

(it was the other car's turn)

- hills above Malibu facing towards the valley
Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California lifestyle?