Delivery Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:47 AM
Kama_Supra
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
Order TrakkTape off of Amazon; fabricate temporary PPF
Check front springs for the green shipping spacers (remove if found)
Verify centerlock socket, pry tool, air pump, etc are all located in frunk
Select Car on center console computer and check max speed to see if the dealer enjoyed it a bit before your arrival; reset all speed/trip computers to 0
Have dealer laminate window sticker for you
Thanks1963SWC! BTW, I looked on Amazon and TrakkTape got a bunch of negative reviews...mostly due to lack of adhesion. I found a similar product called "TrackArmour:

Amazon Amazon

Any experience with it?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Kama_Supra
Thanks1963SWC! BTW, I looked on Amazon and TrakkTape got a bunch of negative reviews...mostly due to lack of adhesion. I found a similar product called "TrackArmour:

https://www.amazon.com/TrackArmour-T...s%2C123&sr=8-1

Any experience with it?
No experience with TrackArmour but had good success with TrakkTape. I saw a generic 3M version as well; they may all be the same product.......
If time runs out, wide blue painters tape.
Better yet, just get the first paint chip and rock chip in the windshield out of the way so you can enjoy the car with less stress and worry.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:19 AM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 141 Posts

Check the air pressure in the tires !
i drove mine for 60 miles wondering the porsche rose jointed suspensions was too stiff on my RS to discover i was on 55 psi pressure :-))
Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM
hashash
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 141 Posts

I drove first 500 miles max 5k revs
the 500-700 max 5.5
700-850 6
then 7 until the 1000mile mark
then 9k 😀
Old 03-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Kama_Supra
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Drove the car home yesterday from NY to Northern Virginia (~6.5 hours), here are my initial impressions in somewhat chronological order:

The car turned out much better than I imagined! The metallic flake in the Jet Black paint really pops in sunlight. The red/black motif really comes together well and unites the car. Probably like most of you I spent hours on the configurator, making changes, tweaking along the way and saving different versions, etc. Love everything with one minor gripe - I wish I got the alcantara visors. The roofline has that vinyl break which is slightly annoying. No one else will probably notice but oh well. Glad I'm not OCD!! Speaking of options, I could have done without the auto dimming mirrors. The rear wing height blocks out much of the light from traffic behind!

Getting in and out of the LWBs in a smooth motion will take some practice but once in the seat, very supportive. No issue with the fixed back on a 6+ hr. drive, the rake angle is perfect and so is the padding. Spoiled by soft-touch doors so I had to pull these harder than what I've been pampered with. The exhaust note on start-up sounds great. Haven't heard an aftermarket exhaust live yet but can't wait!

While the paperwork was getting put together I hastily applied Track Armour around exposed areas since I still had a long drive in front of me. It looks better than the photo conveys but still ghetto. BTW, the dealership didn't have time to do PPF since I had a short pick-up window. Again, glad I'm not OCD! Only 9 miles on the odo. I went through my RL-checklist together from this thread. Again, thanks all.

On the road this car is on another level! The steering is incredibly precise. Car feels small on the road. This car COMMUNICATES with you...love it. Clutch is very light which I wasn't expecting...easy to get into all the gates. The 4th -> 5th shift is a bit notchy but I'm sure it'll loosen up in time. Car rides firm but not as bad as my GTR and the tranny/driveline is much quieter than the box of rocks in the Nissan. Once on the road it felt weird to drive a stick again as I was intuitively reaching for the paddles making my way through traffic. Haha.

The car has nice pick-up and surprising amount of torque. I had it between 3k - 4k in 5th and 6th gear for most of the drive. Didn't really have to downshift to get around other cars. I CANNOT WAIT to explore the next 5k+ on the tach...wow what a car! It was annoying to "short-shift" and keep an eye on the tach...looking forward to driving by feel once it's broken in.

On the open road, I got to play with the new PCM. Love the touch screen and the functions seemed intuitive. Holding the wheel 9 & 3 it was tough to see the upper L and R corners of the dash. I have the extended fuel tank and I swear it has a range of 450- 500 miles. I put 350 miles on the drive and the range still indicated 150+ miles. Not sure if that is optimistic but one tank of gas certainly goes further than I expected. First I thought the fuel gauge was broken because I drove well over 100 miles it was still reading 4/4ths full!

All in all, it was only a 3 month wait from order to delivery. I had a great experience with Southampton Porsche the SA Jason Smith.

Only took a few pics as I was short on time but will post some more when she gets cleaned up. Looking forward to more shared experiences with the RL community!
Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Kama_Supra
Drove the car home yesterday from NY to Northern Virginia (~6.5 hours), here are my initial impressions in somewhat chronological order:

The car turned out much better than I imagined! The metallic flake in the Jet Black paint really pops in sunlight. The red/black motif really comes together well and unites the car. Probably like most of you I spent hours on the configurator, making changes, tweaking along the way and saving different versions, etc. Love everything with one minor gripe - I wish I got the alcantara visors. The roofline has that vinyl break which is slightly annoying. No one else will probably notice but oh well. Glad I'm not OCD!! Speaking of options, I could have done without the auto dimming mirrors. The rear wing height blocks out much of the light from traffic behind!

Getting in and out of the LWBs in a smooth motion will take some practice but once in the seat, very supportive. No issue with the fixed back on a 6+ hr. drive, the rake angle is perfect and so is the padding. Spoiled by soft-touch doors so I had to pull these harder than what I've been pampered with. The exhaust note on start-up sounds great. Haven't heard an aftermarket exhaust live yet but can't wait!

While the paperwork was getting put together I hastily applied Track Armour around exposed areas since I still had a long drive in front of me. It looks better than the photo conveys but still ghetto. BTW, the dealership didn't have time to do PPF since I had a short pick-up window. Again, glad I'm not OCD! Only 9 miles on the odo. I went through my RL-checklist together from this thread. Again, thanks all.

On the road this car is on another level! The steering is incredibly precise. Car feels small on the road. This car COMMUNICATES with you...love it. Clutch is very light which I wasn't expecting...easy to get into all the gates. The 4th -> 5th shift is a bit notchy but I'm sure it'll loosen up in time. Car rides firm but not as bad as my GTR and the tranny/driveline is much quieter than the box of rocks in the Nissan. Once on the road it felt weird to drive a stick again as I was intuitively reaching for the paddles making my way through traffic. Haha.

The car has nice pick-up and surprising amount of torque. I had it between 3k - 4k in 5th and 6th gear for most of the drive. Didn't really have to downshift to get around other cars. I CANNOT WAIT to explore the next 5k+ on the tach...wow what a car! It was annoying to "short-shift" and keep an eye on the tach...looking forward to driving by feel once it's broken in.

On the open road, I got to play with the new PCM. Love the touch screen and the functions seemed intuitive. Holding the wheel 9 & 3 it was tough to see the upper L and R corners of the dash. I have the extended fuel tank and I swear it has a range of 450- 500 miles. I put 350 miles on the drive and the range still indicated 150+ miles. Not sure if that is optimistic but one tank of gas certainly goes further than I expected. First I thought the fuel gauge was broken because I drove well over 100 miles it was still reading 4/4ths full!

All in all, it was only a 3 month wait from order to delivery. I had a great experience with Southampton Porsche the SA Jason Smith.

Only took a few pics as I was short on time but will post some more when she gets cleaned up. Looking forward to more shared experiences with the RL community!
Congratulations. Great way to enjoy your new car.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:12 AM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! -- go ahead and order the bolster protectors from Eddie and scuffing the LWBs will be off your worry list.

Quick Reply: Delivery Advice?