Sponsored by:

Production numbers for GT2 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 09:34 AM
nickward
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Production numbers for GT2 RS?

What are the latest production numbers do the 2018 GT2RS? Is it still in production?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:44 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

This thread likely has the info that you seek. https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1100...it-thread.html
Old 03-05-2019, 09:48 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

See post #112 in the link provided by Al.Fresco - about 1000 cars to the US
Old 03-05-2019, 12:44 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

A little over 1,100 for NA as of last month. Still expecting ~1,250na.
~ 3,600ww
The following users liked this post:
tebbnsx (10-18-2020)
Old 03-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

When is production done on these?
Old 03-05-2019, 05:26 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
When is production done on these?
when the market is drained of buyers
Old 03-05-2019, 05:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts

Originally Posted by nickward
What are the latest production numbers do the 2018 GT2RS? Is it still in production?
A LOT OF CARS! Enough to crash the hopes and dreams of flippers who came late to the party, including the VIP owners with their 1-year hold requirement. I love what Porsche did....they followed my "build, baby build" strategy to kill the ADMs.
The following users liked this post:
neoprufrok (02-16-2020)
Old 03-05-2019, 06:04 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
A LOT OF CARS! Enough to crash the hopes and dreams of flippers who came late to the party, including the VIP owners with their 1-year hold requirement. I love what Porsche did....they followed my "build, baby build" strategy to kill the ADMs.
Agree that they diminished the value for flippers but flooding the market with GT cars begins to make these cars commodities and that hurts everyone. I don't buy to flip but certainly like not seeing a ton of GT cars everywhere you go. I think this ultimately hurt the brand a bit. Think about what made the GT cars special. It was that there relatively few built and people wanted to own one. The flippers hurt the market, but Porsche flooding the market will have unintended consequences....I believe!
Old 03-05-2019, 06:11 PM
ElGrandetango
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
When is the 1 year hold requirement up? Or does it depend on when people took delivery of the car?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Agree that they diminished the value for flippers but flooding the market with GT cars begins to make these cars commodities and that hurts everyone. I don't buy to flip but certainly like not seeing a ton of GT cars everywhere you go. I think this ultimately hurt the brand a bit. Think about what made the GT cars special. It was that there relatively few built and people wanted to own one. The flippers hurt the market, but Porsche flooding the market will have unintended consequences....I believe!
I agree with you, heads you lose and tails you lose. A lot of the false scarcity is due to dealer games by withholding allocations from the market and becoming a flipper/speculator by spec'ing their own cars. Porsche is a "for-profit" business so there shouldn't be any big surprise here. They don't owe anything to the VIP owners, you, or I in terms of keeping resale prices high. Expect that Porsche will build more 992 GT3s and RSs than it did 991 GT3s and RSs.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ElGrandetango
When is the 1 year hold requirement up? Or does it depend on when people took delivery of the car?
It depends on when the VIP owners paid for the car/took ownership of it. The VIP owners made up the vast majority of the early cars that were delivered last year so I'd expect dozens and dozens of these cars to hit the market in the coming months once that 1-year hold requirement has passed. Unfortunately for the VIPs, there won't be much of an ADM (even for delivery mile cars) left so it'll be a bit of a rush to the exits. I hope they learn their lesson and leave the allocations to the folks who actually want to own and drive the cars.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:24 PM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 682 Likes on 321 Posts

I suspect Porsche has carefully thought through the pros and cons of this strategy. In the end, the product experience and value proposition needs to stand on its own and I believe GT Porsches deliver on that. In other words, I don't expect the interest level in 992 GT cars would be negatively impacted because of a more 'traditional' depreciation curve on 991 GT's. Resistance of the next Porsche GT will be futile.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:26 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 97 Posts

These are still great cars. But it remains to be seen what overall production does to the market. But an unintended consequence for PAG could be less interest in the GT series if they over produced. I would think some level of exclusivity would be important to at least the sports cars. At a point in time MB(AMG) and BMW's were somewhat tight but no longer. Transition to all electric will totally change the market and that is around the corner. Enjoy these while we can.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:57 PM
once4all
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Maybe we should all have expected this when VW took over. There is no doubt this company is diluting the GT brand by over production. Yes, there are new buyers lured by the predicted flat depreciation curve, but majority are still the repeat buyers and they have saturated their garage spaces and need to "flip" the same GT's of "last generation" bot only 6 months or 3 years ago. There are not really that many new buyers if you scratch the surface. These products are not at the price levels (yet) of the more exotic brands, but on the other hand it's not like a sport Rolex that everyone and his brother can afford one if they really want one, so the demand is limited! And you cannot carry your family in it. It's a hobby and niche plaything. If you flood 30 of one model run in one state on average, it is a lot! And they have so many special "limited edition" runs that's the problem folks.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:53 AM
993RR
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts

The Junior models are just as quick these days, and far more practical. 992 GTS will tick most boxes, and will be consumed.

Quick Reply: Production numbers for GT2 RS?