Sponsored by:

Production numbers for GT2 RS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 03:48 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv

The assumption that buyers of the GT 2s are flippers or looking to make money on them is false. The overwhelming majority are just lookng to own a cool car. The bashing of the buyers and the adms is unproductive, uninteresting and has gotten tiresome.
I'm all for DRIVERS owning cars, where regular hard working folks have access to cars like GT2RSs without dealing with games or ADMs. If Porsche increases quantity of GT cars and that discourages flippers/speculators (including "stealerships") then I'm for it. I think it's pretty clear what this flipping/speculation does...you get these big ADM booms like a sugar rush and then you get the big drop coming off the sugar rush.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm all for DRIVERS owning cars, where regular hard working folks have access to cars like GT2RSs without dealing with games or ADMs. If Porsche increases quantity of GT cars and that discourages flippers/speculators (including "stealerships") then I'm for it. I think it's pretty clear what this flipping/speculation does...you get these big ADM booms like a sugar rush and then you get the big drop coming off the sugar rush.
Well said
The assumption that buyers of the GT 2s are flippers or looking to make money on them is false. The overwhelming majority are just lookng to own a cool car. The bashing of the buyers and the adms is unproductive, uninteresting and has gotten tiresome.
A counter argument would point out the number of GT2 RS sitting at dealers, not specc'ed by "buyers" but somebody else who is selling with just a few miles on it. If I were to pay such a sum of money, why wouldn't/shouldn't I get to spec it out? The Dealers won't let you.

Perhaps you don't detect it but there is a bit of sour grapes with Porsche Dealers who deny Real Buyers the ability to Spec these out, later these same buyers see the same dealership have volumes sit on their showroom floor with new/low mileage.
Buyers at said dealerships then feel burned.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:13 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Perhaps you don't detect it but there is a bit of sour grapes with Porsche Dealers who deny Real Buyers the ability to Spec these out, later these same buyers see the same dealership have volumes sit on their showroom floor with new/low mileage.
Yes. This x1000.

For the past year I've been looking for a GT3RS allocation I can build. The vast majority of dealers I spoke with said, "Sorry, we don't have any. They're impossible to get. No longer in production." Then over the next few months, five cars show up on their floor. But wait, I thought you couldn't get any? I think dealers are just wary of buyers building cars with strange specs and then backing out of the sale, leaving the dealer with inventory they can't move. So the dealer specs the cars with options they think fit their market. For the money, the vast majority of people—I think—would prefer to option the car themselves.

For my GT3 and my upcoming GT3RS, I was able to get allocations because a buyer backed out before their build locked. Approaching a dealer and saying hey I'd like to order a car has never worked. They tell you it can't be done. So how did that first buyer on each of my cars initially get them? I think it's just faux/manufactured scarcity. Porsche pumped all these cars out as fast as they could. They aren't rare. They aren't scarce. It's the dealers that create the air of elitism around the products (as they should).
Old 03-20-2019, 02:16 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well said

A counter argument would point out the number of GT2 RS sitting at dealers, not specc'ed by "buyers" but somebody else who is selling with just a few miles on it. If I were to pay such a sum of money, why wouldn't/shouldn't I get to spec it out? The Dealers won't let you.

Dealers do all that they can to obtain "real buyers". The ability to obtain and build an allocation was not difficult for the GT3s or GT2s on the 991.2s. ADMs, yes in most instances. So what. That is capitalism. Many act as it is a legal right to be able to purchase at MSRP., It is dealer risk if they order a car for inventory and it is the buyer risk to pay an ADM. In most cases we. the buyers, lose financially by paying the ADM. However, we get what we want. If you have the means, it is highly recommended.

Old 03-20-2019, 02:22 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Dealers do all that they can to obtain "real buyers". The ability to obtain and build an allocation was not difficult for the GT3s or GT2s on the 991.2s. ADMs, yes in most instances. So what. That is capitalism. Many act as it is a legal right to be able to purchase at MSRP., It is dealer risk if they order a car for inventory and it is the buyer risk to pay an ADM. In most cases we. the buyers, lose financially by paying the ADM. However, we get what we want. If you have the means, it is highly recommended.
Sometimes Porsche provides additional allocations that become available for whatever reason. Sometimes buyers back out of deals to that open things up.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:32 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Dealers do all that they can to obtain "real buyers". ...
Politely disagree.
Some dealerships do what they want.

In some cases it is the owner that does what he wants. At my local Porsche dealer the owner hands out allocations to his friends. I had $240k in GT car transactions during their first year in operation,2016, and a verbal commitment from both SA and SM to be on the 991.2 GT3 list.
I got removed from the GT car list during huge staff departures/replacements and in the end nobody knew who I was. Thank goodness for Veltracon and their access to the secondary market, I specc'ed my car as I wanted it with a goal of 10 yr ownership
Old 03-21-2019, 10:09 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Politely disagree.
Some dealerships do what they want.

In some cases it is the owner that does what he wants. At my local Porsche dealer the owner hands out allocations to his friends. I had $240k in GT car transactions during their first year in operation,2016, and a verbal commitment from both SA and SM to be on the 991.2 GT3 list.
I got removed from the GT car list during huge staff departures/replacements and in the end nobody knew who I was. Thank goodness for Veltracon and their access to the secondary market, I specc'ed my car as I wanted it with a goal of 10 yr ownership

ya the "friend" thing of owner gets old
a good friend of mine is a highly sub-specialized md.
a certain dealer principal needs that and is one of the patients
his appt gets postponed and changed again and again
when he went in... they discussed...
simply put... doctor gets his RS principal gets his appointment.
eat his own medicine.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:33 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 307 Likes on 166 Posts

Any updated GT2 production stats?
Old 04-05-2019, 06:14 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
I think everyone is too busy posting ADM and valuation stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:13 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Yeah....A LOT just go to your local dealership and I'm sure you'll find at least 1-2 of them collecting dust on the lot.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by dave292
I think everyone is too busy posting ADM and valuation stuff!!!!!!!!!!
Chicken meet egg
We need the production numbers to determine the value of the rarity.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

I think demand is an important factor. Desireable car regardless of priduction number. This should not be a car that appreciates, but the depreciation should be slow once inventory is absorbed. Final usa prouction is probably around 1000. Production should be complete except for the replacement cars and 2019s were not built at the 2018 pace from what ive been told. As far as cars go, it is still a low production vehicle.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:07 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know the brand of AGM battery in the GT2RS? I am trying to confirm the proper setting on my CTEK MUS 4.3.

They say to use Auto for most AGM batteries but if it is an AGM from either Optimo or Odyssey I should use the Snowflake setting.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:09 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah....A LOT just go to your local dealership and I'm sure you'll find at least 1-2 of them collecting dust on the lot.
Not so sure about that in the SF Bay area.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:47 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

With production now complete, can anyone confirm UK, European, USA and Worldwide production?

Quick Reply: Production numbers for GT2 RS?