Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   170+ USED 2018 GT3s for Sale (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1132179-170-used-2018-gt3s-for-sale.html)

cajerseyboy 03-05-2019 02:03 AM

170+ USED 2018 GT3s for Sale

I have been looking at the GT3 market for a long time. Didn't get an allocation and passed on ADMs. I continue to look and have been very surprised with the high number of 2018 GT3s for sale on Cargurus / Autotader etc. most are manual.

- has anyone picked up a used low mileage for under MSRP recently?

- Any concern that the high number of manuals for sale is an indicator of poor shifting performance and feel?

evilfij 03-05-2019 02:47 AM

2. No. It’s like a bolt action rifle.

almost 2/3 of GT3 are manual, last I checked on a percentage basis there were more PDK for sale and the PDKs were slightly better deals.

Start making offers, I am sure you will get one you like at a price you are happy. Below MSRP for a high MSRP car with some miles is doable based on the GT forum comments.

i am sure you know about nationalpreownedporsche.com in addition to AT and cargurus and cars

Bobby 911 03-05-2019 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by NA430GTS (Post 15681050)
I have been looking at the GT3 market for a long time. Didn't get an allocation and passed on ADMs. I continue to look and have been very surprised with the high number of 2018 GT3s for sale on Cargurus / Autotader etc. most are manual.

- Any concern that the high number of manuals for sale is an indicator of poor shifting performance and feel?

I got an early allocation at MSRP, so I don’t follow the used market but if you search the last couple of months on the for sale section here, you’ll find a few used examples that sold for below MSRP.

reacher 03-05-2019 12:19 PM

I haven't driven the manual myself, but a friend of mine bought a manual GT3 and sold it quickly because he didn't like the feel of the manual. That's just one data point, but I've heard others say the same. On the other hand there are people that absolutely swear by the manual and wouldn't have the car any other way. I recommend trying both before you make up your mind, if you can.

spdracerut 03-05-2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by reacher (Post 15681781)
I haven't driven the manual myself, but a friend of mine bought a manual GT3 and sold it quickly because he didn't like the feel of the manual. That's just one data point, but I've heard others say the same. On the other hand there are people that absolutely swear by the manual and wouldn't have the car any other way. I recommend trying both before you make up your mind, if you can.

Hmm.... wonder if installing an aftermarket shifter (Numeric?) would change the shifting feel enough where people would keep the car?

flatsick 03-05-2019 01:15 PM

These are just flippers trying to capitalize off of the 911R value. 170 on the market is a lovely thing :)

LexVan 03-05-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by flatsick
These are just flippers trying to capitalize .... 170 on the market is a lovely thing :)

Nailed it. Twice.

natman316 03-05-2019 03:04 PM

yeah I don't think they are being sold because the owners don't like them....most were expecting to flip and did not realize Porsche made more GT3s than any other model in 2018. I feel like most of the PTS/Manual/LWBS are specced to flip, always see them for sale with less than 1k miles

that said hopefully I can pick one up in the near future for a nice discount :)

shootermcgavin 03-05-2019 04:54 PM

a lot of speculative buyers these days, or ppl buying just so they can continue to get allocations.

poverty spec 03-05-2019 07:08 PM

Good news for those looking to buy a solid specced car with a sane price.

erko1905 03-05-2019 07:37 PM

It's very unfortunate the bubble this whole thing went through. Most who wanted to build/buy a new car at MSRP couldn't; dealers/speculators ordered/built lots of nonsensical, bloated builds, and now we're supposed to buy used GT3s with 1k joyride miles off of their hands at MSRP? Pass.

Gordon Shumway 03-05-2019 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by flatsick (Post 15681891)
These are just flippers trying to capitalize off of the 911R value. 170 on the market is a lovely thing :)

You definitely nailed it. I just saw a GT3 at my dealer go through the same thing. Rich guy that has bought a bunch of cars from my dealer gets the allocation with no muss, no fuss (dealer doesn't do markups over MSRP). He took delivery, and didn't even bring the car home. He just told them to put it on consignment with at a $20K premium over MSRP. It didn't sell for a couple of months, so he ended up trading it in to buy a GTS Cab they had on the floor even longer.

goin2drt 03-05-2019 07:42 PM

Nope this is an indication that all these flippers thought this was going to be their golden ticket "R" craze that happened and hoping this was going to be the last manual. Didn't happen. I too am in your same boat and REALLY sad all these wasted specs sitting on the market. Hope they all lose money so the flipping madness stops and these cars go to people that actually know they don't have a back seat and that they know they will get an RS and instead folks that take the allocation with ZERO intent on keeping them.

Buy a MT with confidence if that is what you want.

Porsch 03-05-2019 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by shootermcgavin (Post 15682521)
a lot of speculative buyers these days, or ppl buying just so they can continue to get allocations.

call them flippers, speculators, or whatever you like. i call them dooshbags.

goin2drt 03-05-2019 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Porsch (Post 15682928)
call them flippers, speculators, or whatever you like. i call them dooshbags.

I think you meant douchebags :) I agree.