Sponsored by:

170+ USED 2018 GT3s for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 11:59 PM
victorc31
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kama_Supra
Our sticker + ADM is very close to what I paid 3 months ago. I saw my car in person for the first time last Saturday and couldn't have been happier with how the spec turned out. This is obviously an individual decision but for me it was a no-brainer to pay $10K ADM to get a car EXACTLY the way I wanted it (and ADMs in December were higher). When I drive the car or look at it in the garage, ADM is easily forgotten. It's all about the car and the enjoyment derived.
my adm was 10k but i got them to give 1k discount when i added pccb and pdls

i agree on the adm, it’s nice to have it exactly my way. And I should add, I had no choice, I wasn’t gonna be denied a gt3 any longer!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:01 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Everything is negotiable when you're prepared to walk away. If your specific spec is worth $9k gift to dealer then pay it, but if you're ok with other specs.. tell him you'll be only msrp now and be prepared to walk away.

Just for bets, I think he'll chase you out the door and accept.
I picked up my 3RS last week. I made a deal with the dealer for 25k ADM back in May last year. Was it worth less today? Yes. But I made a deal and I paid it. I wouldn't want someone renegotiating with me in my business, so I treat others the same. It was worth more to me to get it exactly my way as well. If I was buying one of the showroom floor today, I wouldn't pay more than MSRP.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:04 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I picked up my 3RS last week. I made a deal with the dealer for 25k ADM back in May last year. Was it worth less today? Yes. But I made a deal and I paid it. I wouldn't want someone renegotiating with me in my business, so I treat others the same. It was worth more to me to get it exactly my way as well. If I was buying one of the showroom floor today, I wouldn't pay more than MSRP.
that's very admirable of you, and all that matters is that you feel good about the deal, truly. However.. as we've seen countless times, dealers wont' hesitate to renegotiate whenever they see an opportunity, if the OP has it in him, I bet he could get his $9k ADM back.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:45 PM
victorc31
Instructor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
that's very admirable of you, and all that matters is that you feel good about the deal, truly. However.. as we've seen countless times, dealers wont' hesitate to renegotiate whenever they see an opportunity, if the OP has it in him, I bet he could get his $9k ADM back.
I do have it in me!

Where do I stand from the perspective of getting back my deposit, if anyone knows, would be a question of FL law.
I don't have a powerful position at all if they are legally entitled to keep my 16k deposit.
Some paperwork I signed says it would go to mediation in the local county but that doesn't mean it's lawful for them to keep my deposit.
It's a legal question of course... the ethical question is different

Last edited by victorc31; 03-13-2019 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:32 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Old 03-14-2019, 02:47 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
The 2016 Spyders are still the sleepers only 5 less HP than the GT4, and only 800 in the US. They still trade at MSRP after 4 years or slightly under. Sold mine for the RS, and didn’t want to move the 458 Spider too many smiles at start up. No regrets the Spyder is a damn good car for what it does, and less than 2900 lbs good car to drive hard.
My friend sold his $14k under MSRP with 11,000 miles.

If I didn't have a GT4, I would have bought it. They are a bargain, but nobody is looking for a car like this! Limited market, to say the least. He started at $97k, ended up at $89k. What an incredible driving experience though!
Old 03-14-2019, 02:51 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
ehhhh not true, there are a lot of GT4's listed at dreamer pricing. I've been helping a few buddies in SoCal acquire GT4's and we're seeing fantastic prices out there. $110k MSRP cars with all the right options, clear film, great shape, under 10k miles for low 90's. The higher MSRP cars are taking a beating while the lower option cars not as much. Right now you shouldn't be spending over $95k for a clean GT4 with low miles. Also the 991.1 GT3's values are dropping just as fast at the GT4's with all the 991.2 GT3's for sale. It's about time that Porsche's supply of GT cars have met the demand.

Going forward with the new GT4 and 992 GT3, buyers of new GT cars will think twice if they're only buying to flip. Hopefully this latest trend clears out the flippers and only buyers that indent to keep their cars are ordering new ones.
We are are asking $86,700 for ours (buckets, $103k MSRP, 10k miles) and have had a bit of interest, but nothing firm.

My car would wholesale at $82k, no? I can't think of a car that offers more in the mid 80's. The GT4 is incredibly connected. Perhaps the engine is a letdown if you came from a 991 GT3, but otherwise, it holds its own with a 997.2 GT3.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:35 AM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
☝ This - I have been talking lightly with a CA dealer that has gone from 25k adm 6 months ago to "they will consider MSRP offers" last week.
PM'd
Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
My friend sold his $14k under MSRP with 11,000 miles.

If I didn't have a GT4, I would have bought it. They are a bargain, but nobody is looking for a car like this! Limited market, to say the least. He started at $97k, ended up at $89k. What an incredible driving experience though!
thats a good number with 11k ......he got a good deal. 3500 per year to own the car pretty cheap not including taxes. Prices will continue to slide with the 982 coming soon.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:10 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

A used blue GT3 with 300 miles finally traded at msrp 182 after many months- owned by a Florida Toyota dealer so no CPO and over a year old- So some cars are moving used at msrp BUT there are soooo many for sale- I sold my 2015 for msrp at list after a year but there was scarcity then.
So was talking to dealer in NJ about their used GT3 200 miles 2018 manual 168 msrp - offered msrp they passed- then he told me they had a 19 coming this week- manual car- 15k ADM.
Someone posted that there were 270 GT3 and GT3RS for sale.
Actually whole situation pisses me off and is a turn off but then again it is capitalism.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by victorc31

I have a 16k deposit, they wanted 10%, I don’t want to walk away from it but how much leverage do I have if I walk out? They could keep my 16k and sell at msrp, etc..

What are laws in florida about losing deposit if changing my mind?
what paperwork did you sign on the deposit and what does it say?

I didn’t buy my 2018 GT3 new back in December....it was slightly used but the dealer took my 2017 leased Carrera GTS which they had to repaint front bumper cover, and paid off lease. I got them to throw in the $2500 Porsche CPO and a new set of center lock nuts and I paid them sticker ....which really not even counting the lease pay off issue and the free delivery and pick up of my car is around $4000 off msrp. The whole buying process with this dealer wasn’t pretty and the used car manager is a ***** and lier but I don’t care, I got what I wanted and they did too.

I shopped around, and would not pay ADM on new or used. I walked a few times from various places. I don’t mind the dealer making money and they do great at msrp but add on this stupid ADM crap and they’re screwing you over big time. Negotiations and knowing there are cars to be had and walking away is crucial. Trust me...these dealers are not your friend nor do,they care if they sell you the car or someone else the car.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:31 AM
victorc31
Instructor

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1folE...il&ts=5c8b45aa

that should be it
its called a “Car Buyes Offer and Purchase Option Contract
my legal advice is they are not in rock solid position to keep the deposit
it does seem to offer them the right to back out if they want to
Old 03-15-2019, 03:34 AM
victorc31
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums

what paperwork did you sign on the deposit and what does it say?

I didn’t buy my 2018 GT3 new back in December....it was slightly used but the dealer took my 2017 leased Carrera GTS which they had to repaint front bumper cover, and paid off lease. I got them to throw in the $2500 Porsche CPO and a new set of center lock nuts and I paid them sticker ....which really not even counting the lease pay off issue and the free delivery and pick up of my car is around $4000 off msrp. The whole buying process with this dealer wasn’t pretty and the used car manager is a ***** and lier but I don’t care, I got what I wanted and they did too.

I shopped around, and would not pay ADM on new or used. I walked a few times from various places. I don’t mind the dealer making money and they do great at msrp but add on this stupid ADM crap and they’re screwing you over big time. Negotiations and knowing there are cars to be had and walking away is crucial. Trust me...these dealers are not your friend nor do,they care if they sell you the car or someone else the car.
http://drive.google.com/file/d/1folE...il&ts=5c8b45aa
Old 03-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
I picked up my 3RS last week. I made a deal with the dealer for 25k ADM back in May last year. Was it worth less today? Yes. But I made a deal and I paid it.
good on you. unfortunately honor in business dealings is a dying quality. enjoy your monster!
Old 03-23-2019, 01:39 AM
vipertom 1970
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW !!!! it seems like more really nice GT3s are now at MSRP or little lower.

Quick Reply: 170+ USED 2018 GT3s for Sale