Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How come McL and Ferrari have turbo V8s and weigh the same or less than a P GT car?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM
E92 M
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Some of you need to lighten up. Having a favorite car company and making fun of the others is no different than having a favorite sports team and making fun of your friends' teams. It's harmless banter. Go to a bar next to Wrigley Field and tell them they should enjoy watching the Cubs just as much as the Cardinals, and if they were true baseball fans they wouldn't cheer for one team over another.

Rennlist Person A: Go Patriots!
Rennlist Person B: Patriots suck. Go Rams!
Martin: F**king scalpers tried to sell me Super Bowl tickets for market prices! Good thing I have a 2012 4.0 in the garage. HaHa
Mooty: Futbale iz waste timme. Good foode, 2cycle and pretty woman iz what we need.
Whoopsy: I've got some inside info: Super Bowl 2020 will be in November this year.
ChicagoWhale: Win or lose, I'm sure Brady will guarantee Kraft has a happy ending.
Rennlist Person C: Hey moderators... ChicagoWhale is being offensive to Patriot's fans. Please ban him.
Yippiekiaye: This is bananas - why can't we all get along? You think those teams care about you? Did you know my 5 day vacation costs $35K, and I have BOTH a Ferrari and a McLaren?
Martin again: Anyone want to buy my Super Bowl tickets for $7,500? I conveniently decided I don't want them. HaHa
hilarious! have you tried standup??
Old 03-07-2019, 11:57 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Some of you need to lighten up. Having a favorite car company and making fun of the others is no different than having a favorite sports team and making fun of your friends' teams. It's harmless banter. Go to a bar next to Wrigley Field and tell them they should enjoy watching the Cubs just as much as the Cardinals, and if they were true baseball fans they wouldn't cheer for one team over another.

Martin: F**king scalpers tried to sell me Super Bowl tickets for market prices! Good thing I have a 2012 4.0 in the garage. HaHa
Mooty: Futbale iz waste timme. Good foode, 2cycle and pretty woman iz what we need.
Whoopsy: I've got some inside info: Super Bowl 2020 will be in November this year.
ChicagoWhale: Win or lose, I'm sure Brady will guarantee Kraft has a happy ending.
Rennlist Person C: Hey moderators... ChicagoWhale is being offensive to Patriot's fans. Please ban him.
Yippiekiaye: This is bananas - why can't we all get along? You think those teams care about you? Did you know my 5 day vacation costs $35K, and I have BOTH a Ferrari and a McLaren?
Martin again: Anyone want to buy my Super Bowl tickets for $7,500? I conveniently decided I don't want them. HaHa
For someone who doesn't post a lot on here you sure do pay attention
Old 03-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by E92 M
hilarious! have you tried standup??
That is some funny stuff. I think we do a pretty good job of disagreeing at times while remaining civil on here. I always try to be a gentleman and I think most of the other RLers do as well. This is a pretty great group we have here; knowledgeable, opinionated and mostly respectful. It beats the heck out of some of the other forums I have checked out.
The following users liked this post:
twospyders (10-17-2019)
Old 03-07-2019, 03:10 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

The Mooty one was epic....
Old 03-07-2019, 10:51 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,724 Likes on 4,759 Posts

You, sir, have way too much time on your hands.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:41 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Gordon Murray gets it:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...eva-interview/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...-f1-successor/

At 5’6” wide I can park it in my living room (door is 6ft wide) so I don’t need another garage space.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:03 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

LOL
Old 03-08-2019, 01:20 AM
treynor
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 44 Posts

An interesting lens to use is TCO (total cost of ownership) and standout features. Each brand has some standout features in their GT cars, and each has a fairly different TCO.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:33 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

That's pretty friggin hilarious CW. Only 300 posts but you have RL pegged
Old 03-08-2019, 03:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

BRAVEO
call me when u visit nor cal
good foode on me. pretty womenz I keep myself however.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
BRAVEO
call me when u visit nor cal
good foode on me. pretty womenz I keep myself however.
omg. Dying.

But watch out fir yournhands when eating with mootz

hey martin is that guy dealmarker guy a flipper?

go Trojans!
Old 03-08-2019, 02:43 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

It is disappointing how heavy the 992 is. If Porsche doesn't step it up, once McLaren gets their reliability down. Game over
twospyders (10-17-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:58 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

I'm fascinated by the 003 aston and hope ferrari takes the challenge to go to that level as well
Old 03-09-2019, 06:30 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm fascinated by the 003 aston and hope ferrari takes the challenge to go to that level as well
Just saw pictures of the 003. What a beautiful design. For a small company with a Bentleyesque reputation AM is doing some really cool things!

J
Old 03-09-2019, 08:20 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

003 looks cool, but I’m bored by seven figure cars that only can be purchased by the .001 perecent and never are driven due to their value.

Last edited by Drifting; 03-09-2019 at 10:07 PM.
twospyders (10-17-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How come McL and Ferrari have turbo V8s and weigh the same or less than a P GT car?