Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got the call.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:40 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Just got the call.

Extremely happy with my MT 991.2 GT3. But just can't get my eyes off the RS. The cryptic email following the missed call from the dealer says "I left you a message a few minutes ago regarding an opportunity to purchase a 2019 GT3RS". Are there any allocations still available? Or is this a reject? At any rate, before I call back I would love to get some help from RL.

What would be a fair offer for my graphite blue car? MSRP was $174.5 with PCCB, LWS, FAL. Around 4500 miles now. Mods include BBS FI-R, Cantrell roll bar, Schroth 6-pt seat belts, Fabspeed valved side bypass, Sharkwerks exhaust tips, stainless steel brake lines, BMC air filter, VBox Video HD2, AWE wind diffuser, Antigravity lightweight battery, Suntek PPF. Gosh, why in the world I am even considering selling it???? But if the deal is good, I think I will go for it.

Assume the dealer won't give me squat extra for all the mods. You suggest taking it out as most stuff can go on the RS except the wheels? I would buy everything again anyways...

What if I sold the car myself, what would be fair price with all mods? Although I doubt it would offset the cost of buying all mods again and the tax savings from trade (and the hassle of selling the car myself).

Please do not want to transform this on a MT vs RS thread. Appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2019, 11:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Come over to the dark side :-)
Old 02-26-2019, 11:52 PM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Hahaha. Trying whatever I can to cut my delta to you!
Old 02-27-2019, 12:00 AM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Dealer is going to offer you 10-15k under MSRP in todays market since the current retail value for a used one is probably MSRP to +10. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP for the 3RS unless you get to spec it your way. Then maybe 10-15k. My dealer told me back in April they were getting 4 3RS. I paid to get one of the 4. Then they got a 5th one, then a 6th and now it looks like they will end up with 10 of them from what I seen today. Another round is on its way.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:38 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Keep the Manual GT3.
If your car was stock you’d probably get offered 8-10k or so below msrp. As stated above you’re probably looking around 10-15k below.
If lap times are most important to you then the RS won’t disappoint. What specs are you thinking? Congrats.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:10 AM
Hams955
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

IF you really like to track the RS is a great car. Seems like a lot of work to get your car back to stock since you've changed a lot. I would think the dealer would want it as stock as possible. I don't know if you'd do much better private market selling it after you consider the tax affect on the net trade difference. It might as well be prudent to just trade it.

Side bar - the graphite would have been a super cool color on the RS if Porsche offered it. Too bad they didn't!

Best of luck either way; both cars are fantastic.

- Chris.
Old 02-27-2019, 06:49 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

If u track I'd do it in s second

RS is better

You will take a beating on current car thou since it's been tracked
Old 02-27-2019, 08:00 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. I am not desperate and in reality fear missing my MT. I wish I could keep both. But there is just a mystique that emanates from the RS that I just can't shake.

It is just for tracking. Around 2000 of the 4500 are track miles. The rest is pretty much from driving the car to the track...

As far as specs, if they offer allocatio, I will likely add close to nothing. Dont want WP, have not used FAL in my car, and while PCCB was ok with GT4 as far as longevity, I am a frequent flier with paragon now for the rsc1 pagids. Heavier car, higher speeds, and I am likely a better driver now...

In the end would only do it if incredible deal. Honestly doubt that will be the case. But will call them back and let you know. Thanks for advice.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:55 AM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Track history will def negatively impact your resale. I know firsthand.

Either way you go, can’t go wrong. I do understand the allure of the RS though!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:21 AM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone

You will take a beating on current car thou since it's been tracked
this is what hit me, got the car at MSRP but the trade hurt a little, but with the tax advantages (PA) of trading a vehicle, I figured I'd effectively paid a small ADM but worth it to me.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

In my view the issue is not that the car has been "tracked", it's all the nosebleed mods which make it appealing only to track rats. A 100% stock car that's been used to do a few PCA HPD events running on stock tires, where the car has firmly remained with four wheels on the black stuff at all times, wouldn't get dinged anywhere near as much.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by aalencar
Thanks guys. I am not desperate and in reality fear missing my MT. I wish I could keep both. But there is just a mystique that emanates from the RS that I just can't shake.

It is just for tracking. Around 2000 of the 4500 are track miles. The rest is pretty much from driving the car to the track...

As far as specs, if they offer allocatio, I will likely add close to nothing. Dont want WP, have not used FAL in my car, and while PCCB was ok with GT4 as far as longevity, I am a frequent flier with paragon now for the rsc1 pagids. Heavier car, higher speeds, and I am likely a better driver now...

In the end would only do it if incredible deal. Honestly doubt that will be the case. But will call them back and let you know. Thanks for advice.
If only track

Drive the RS u will forget the manual

I own both...RS is better at pretty much everything..and PDK-S is really ( cup car w KMP) good

My touring is a daily driver / novelty..I can't see it being as fun as RS on track
Old 02-27-2019, 10:37 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

It is a stripper! Somebody ordered and turned it down. White with extended range tank and chrono package at msrp. This thing is calling me..
Old 02-27-2019, 11:38 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Do it- you’re one mis-shift away on the track from wishing you had. PDK is what you want for extended track work and ultimately longevity of your motor.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:46 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

If you are tracking her I would do it as long as you can live w/o a third peddle.

I would transfer battery and whatever else I could to the RS and what i could not would sell here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got the call.