Sponsored by:

First time RS buyer -- another adm question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 11:39 AM
amgmuch
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First time RS buyer -- another adm question

Hello guys. I am a first time RS buyer in fact a first time Porsche buyer. My local dealer got in contact with me and is offering to sell me a brand new .2 GT3RS non Weissach package. The MSRP for the car is $220k and he is asking $15k over. I have been in touch with the dealer for about a month and managed to bring the ask from $40k over down to $15k over. I know when these cars started selling a few months ago the ADMs being asked around were closer to $50k. Since the market for 3RS has cooled down recently(I could be wrong), do you think $15k over is a fair ask? I know these questions asked around a lot but in all honesty, I am a Porsche noob and still learning how to navigate the rough Porsche buying experience lol.

Much thanks,
-T
Old 02-26-2019, 11:52 AM
RADONCulous
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 67 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Overall, it depends on how bad you want that exact car and if the "relationship" with that dealer matters. The process is subjective (just like all car buying) and how bad you want the care now versus waiting. There are people reporting getting allocations with no ADM or cars close to MSRP. There is actually a car on the ground in the classifieds now asking 5k over. There are numerous recent threads about this topic as well.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:55 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Honestly, hard to tell someone how to spend their cash. However that’s 7% above suggested retail price. If you look at 15k as the number the % in my mind is a more realistic view. Non-GT it’s easy to get 6 to 7 percent off, and all depends on your view. You can easily wait, but if it’s the car you want pull the trigger. Good luck ......many are just tired of ADM threads they’re all over. So let’s close this one(:
Old 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by amgmuch
Hello guys. I am a first time RS buyer in fact a first time Porsche buyer. My local dealer got in contact with me and is offering to sell me a brand new .2 GT3RS non Weissach package. The MSRP for the car is $220k and he is asking $15k over. I have been in touch with the dealer for about a month and managed to bring the ask from $40k over down to $15k over. I know when these cars started selling a few months ago the ADMs being asked around were closer to $50k. Since the market for 3RS has cooled down recently(I could be wrong), do you think $15k over is a fair ask? I know these questions asked around a lot but in all honesty, I am a Porsche noob and still learning how to navigate the rough Porsche buying experience lol.
Am I reading this right, this particular car has been sitting at the dealer for about a month without getting sold? If so, I'd just say no ADM, take it or leave it. A while back I was told $50k ADM and countered with $20k, that was refused. A couple of weeks ago they offered me one with no ADM at all and I took it, they didn't even try to mark it up. So it seems the market is cooling from my experience and what I've heard elsewhere.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:03 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

If this is a 1 and done and it is exactly like you want, go for it. But if you tend to continue getting other Pcars, then paying extra for something you are going to turn over and it will depreciate, then I wouldn't bother buying it for more than you could elsewhere. More will be made.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:08 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Walk in with a briefcase full of cash that is exactly msrp plus tax. See if they bite... it they dont pull out a rewards credit card and pay the adm. will get you 2% cash back lol.

On a serious note. If you like it buy it in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:17 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

15K over is OK in my mind, if they car is exactly what you want and you want it now.
If its just an OK spec, and you don't mind waiting a few months, then maybe you can get it a bit cheaper, or at least a less highly optioned car without the options you don't really want.
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

The market has certainly cooled off on these .2s

It depends how bad you want the car. It is your money to spend but when you pay ADM you can kiss that money good bye(no recoup)
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
...if they don't, pull out a rewards credit card and pay the adm. will get you 2% cash back lol.
I wanted to get lots of miles on my purchase, but they only allowed $5k on the credit card

Old 02-26-2019, 12:21 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

You started at 40k over and negotiated down to 15k. They know you are somewhat okay with an ADM now. I would have made it clear from the start that I am an MSRP buyer only. If the car is sitting they will come back to you at MSRP. I can’t tell you what to do with your money, but I personally wouldn’t throw away an additional $15k of my money to drive a car. Just me.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:23 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

I don't think it's a crazy ask on the dealer's part. Whether you want to pay it is up to you and only you.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:26 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Certain parts of the country will be more expensive. . .I think if you're not in those spots, you can keep negotiating
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

The main question is how mad at yourself will you be if while you're thinking about it someone swoops in and pays the $15K ADM and you miss out on the car.....If it's a shrug of the shoulders then don't pay it....if you want to punch the wall, pay it....
Old 02-26-2019, 12:35 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
Am I reading this right, this particular car has been sitting at the dealer for about a month without getting sold?
There are a ton of these cars sitting unsold at dealers. Our two locals dealers have seven alone between them. Not sure what the dealers are waiting or hoping for....

Old 02-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Thinker23
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
The main question is how mad at yourself will you be if while you're thinking about it someone swoops in and pays the $15K ADM and you miss out on the car.....If it's a shrug of the shoulders then don't pay it....if you want to punch the wall, pay it....
this. Value of $15k is defined by you. I paid a tad more for what I wanted and did not regret it.

Quick Reply: First time RS buyer -- another adm question