Sponsored by:

991.2 turbo PCCB pads?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:19 AM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 991.2 turbo PCCB pads?

Curious if anyone has run turbo pads to alleviate brake squeal? Mine is a street car that likely will never see the track so I feel like the compounds in the turbo pads might be more suitable for my use. I don't see nearly as many turbo guys complain about brake squeal as GT3 guys so I'm guessing there must be a compound difference...

I'm sure here are members here who own both (gt3 and turbo) with PCCB, please feel free to chime in
Old 02-26-2019, 08:15 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

For PCCB between Turbo S and GT3 and RS I never knew there was a difference in the pads....so I looked them up and there is a model number difference even though the rotors and calipers are the same size between all these cars.

My GT3 PCCB brakes only slightly squeal a little from time to time. I fix that I when I wash the car each week I wash off the rotors or I give the brakes a couple good hard 50% plus pressure brake pushes....like a late brake (if no one is behind me) coming off the highway...etc.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

There is/was a definite difference in brake feel between PCCBs on my 991.2 TTS and GT3T.
No squeals, just a noticable different feel.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:40 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

My 991.1 Turbo S has GT3 RS pads, they make some noises same as they do in my GT3 RS, the noise (squeal) doesn't bother me.

For 0 track use, and U.S. 100% street use, I would do the following: Switch to MPS4S and install TTS brake pads. The 4s has more grip in wet and dry conditions than the MPSC2, only when the MPSC2 has been heated up after some laps on a racetrack, it starts to grip better than the 4S, and then it overheats and gets slow again.

I use a touchless car wash that has high pressure water sprayers, my Turbo S on the original pads drives fine exiting the car wash, the same TTS with GT3RS pads and my GT3RS on factory pads out of the same car wash ==> no brakes for a few hundred yards, hard pedal and no barely any stopping power.

If you ever track the car on TTS brake pads, you'll be fine, my fastest lap at Palm Beach was done on the stock TTS pads, and I beat my GT3 RS by 1.4 secs.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:27 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the feedback mdrums and A/S

That's interesting that washing it temporarily solves the issue. I'll have to pay close attention the next time I wash. I did the PCCB break in procedure and it helped with the squealing for a while. They still squealed but a lot less. However, recently they have been squealing more and it's starting to get to me

Quick Reply: 991.2 turbo PCCB pads?