Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question re: Integrated Rain Sensor option

Old 02-25-2019, 02:53 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts
Default Question re: Integrated Rain Sensor option

Does the Porsche Integrated Rain Sensor option cause the wipers to override the intermittent wiper function when it starts raining? This happens on all BMW’s with rain sensors and it’s massively annoying.

If if so, can it be deactivated?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts

Yes. Essentially there is no fixed intermittent "timed" wiper setting when you get the rain sensor option. The markings on the stalk now come to mean a specific degree of "clean", and the wipers will go faster or slower depending on what the set degree is supposed to be. If you found it annoying in the BMW, you'll find it annoying in the Porsche. Me, I like it. In fact, rain or shine, my switch is always on intermittent rain sensor. It goes from completely off to full high speed depending on whether it is not raining to storming.
Old 02-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
Yes. Essentially there is no fixed intermittent "timed" wiper setting when you get the rain sensor option. The markings on the stalk now come to mean a specific degree of "clean", and the wipers will go faster or slower depending on what the set degree is supposed to be. If you found it annoying in the BMW, you'll find it annoying in the Porsche. Me, I like it. In fact, rain or shine, my switch is always on intermittent rain sensor. It goes from completely off to full high speed depending on whether it is not raining to storming.
Thanks for the response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question re: Integrated Rain Sensor option