991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust finalists

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

When i disconnected the valves resulted too loud and too much drones between 2800 3500rpm
very annoying when cruising

tried with stock side mufflers stock center valves disconnected
and side mufflers delete with valves disconnected to stock center but no luck

curious if 100 cells headers plus a side muffler delete with valves plus Akra center muffler (slip on) could be the solution to have when valved are closed that extra bit missing between 0 and 4k rpm without going too loud

now i have the modded headers (200cells) and soul side valved delete plus the stock center mufflers

valves disconnected as said equals drones and booming

strsight side link pipes less drones than valves disconnected but even more loud and booming

going to buy a used akra center slip on if any wirh low miles (low carbon...) available
Old 02-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by n d
I just finished getting the sharkwerks center bypass install and eliminate the valve so the the exhaust is open all the time .... and I’m so happy makes the car so much fun to drive!
Who ever wants a louder exhaust is crazy......
In a good (psycho) way!!!!!
I did the same last year.

Center bypass and valves open all the time. The perfect set-up for me.

I do not track so really do not need side delete. Have every other light weight option- PCCBs, LWBs, Lithum Battery
Old 03-01-2019, 02:43 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I do not track so really do not need side delete. Have every other light weight option- PCCBs, LWBs, Lithum Battery
You forgot Weight Watchers.😎
Old 03-01-2019, 09:29 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Stock system with valves disconnected does not drone and is not loud or much louder than stock.

I have Soul Side Muffler Deletes.With valves connected it’s still,super quiet at low rpm and opens up nice.y abvove 3500 or so rpm. However still too quiet for me at low rpm

I disconnected the valves and it’s much better and still no real drone going on at low rpm. Much more fun and exciting and not really loud at all at low up to 3500 rpms.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:38 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Stock system with valves disconnected does not drone and is not loud or much louder than stock.
I disconnected the valves and it’s much better and still no real drone going on at low rpm. ...
This proves very clearly that one cannot listen (!) to other people's opinions regarding the exhaust sound... Immediately once I disconnected my valves on my stock system I heard drone from 1500-3800 rpm... very clearly. I am not saying you are wrong, mdrums, I'm just saying we are very individual in how we perceive something subjective like the drone. For me the drone was in the end unbearable and I had to re-connect the valves after ~1500km running. Now I am looking for something guaranteed drone-free, but still more open than stock system with closed valves...

(I thought the character of the stock system was quite ok with disconnected valves, linear and enough "open". If were it not for the drone, I would have kept it that way. My 997S did not have the drone with PSE valves disconnected and it sounded marvellous...)

Last edited by erik_plus8; 03-01-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

90% say valves disconnected equals drones so it s not the way
Old 03-01-2019, 01:09 PM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by goldberg
I will also add, when driving and that valve was stuck, it was VERY drony (sp?) in the car.
Very "boomy"
not pleasant at all. Car sounded really cheap like a Lancer with a cannon muffler.
just another not deaf

Quick Reply: Exhaust finalists