Rob's new 458 has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 08:27 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I like it.

Many years ago i had a CJ7 when I was a Freshman in college. I had i all jacked up with some big chromes. It was the most fun for an 18 year old.( driving across the the quad at college ) Drove it for about 6 years
Thanks Jimmy! CJ7s were awesome.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:59 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

Powertrain is supposed to be very good. No idea about the rest of it. But seems to be built very solid. Highest resale value of any vehicle. But i got the extended warranty just in case. lol

The funny thing about Jeep is non-Jeep owners focus on reliability and wonder who in their right mind buys one? But Jeep owners know these things are awesome and focus more on what you can do with them. It is a lifestyle vehicle. It is about exploring and really seeing this country. I would never buy one to DD.

Easily the most modifiable vehicle ever. They sell **** for everything. This is the new JL generation. Far better road handling. It rides very good. The turbo engine is a mini hybrid, and i feel zero lag. Gets about 19mpg so far. Insurance is $68 per month. This is the top of the line Rubicon, so locking diff, electronically controlled sway bars and a crap load of other stuff. Has a lot of character.

Bought a winch today. And an air compressor. Let the mods begin!

Go to Easter Jeep Safari if you can... you won't regret it.

Ordered mine on Jan 14. It's stuck right now in a Kansas City rail yard... damnit... can't wait for it to show up. They're pretty reliable but every manufacturer has it's issues. I'd expect you will have some gremlins here and there but nothing crazy.

I sold my TJ too quickly -- was using it to keep miles off my '11 Range Rover, which is my primary DD. Range Rover, Wrangler (Rubi), and Spyder... such a great combo. You're correct on the 2.0 though... that motor is awesome! We'll see how reliable it is.

Nice garage btw... love the flooring. We may move up to CO in the next couple of years. Getting annoyed at the heat in the summer here (been out here 10 years now almost).
Old 02-22-2019, 10:07 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I was unconscious before I hit the ground, but I still remember that big white front end and the RUBICON letters right up to impact.
Glad you are ok.
Back in my 916 days lost more than one friend on sport bikes.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:05 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

For many years had a Jeep and a 911...thinking about the new Wrangler as well. Wife is tired of me muddying up the Range Rover when I take the dogs hiking, and stealing it for ski trips. Holding out for the diesel (supposedly) coming next year, though...
Old 02-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Hams955
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Great choice.

Jeep's are a TON of fun. My kids love to go offroad and horse around in CO. We did a 2018 JKU Rubicon but has the full AEV conversion with 5.7 Hemi and other fun stuff...

We've been getting hammered this week with snow. We have seen about 6 feet in the past few days.

It is really surreal to see the morning...

You won't be caught in a GT3 out on our road

Enjoy your JL!!!!

- Chris.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:40 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good choice. Same combo here - 15 wrangler unlimited and 15 gt3. Very different cars, but both fun to drive!
Old 02-22-2019, 11:43 PM
Apex Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 116 Posts

Love my AEV JK350. Took it out last weekend.... it’s a snow warrior!
Old 02-23-2019, 12:49 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

'18 JKUR Recon for weekdays.
'14 JKURX for the wife.
'13 JKR for the weekends.
'06 TJR for when I know I'm gonna break something.

When's the next Sedona trip?!

Old 02-23-2019, 01:01 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Congrats on the JL! Especially in white Lift planned...I cant reccomend them highly enough. PM me if you have questions.

love my JKs but I'm catching the JL bug....

LOVE the AEV builds, and the Hemi swap...that's my current predicament....drop a Hemi in or wait another year for the JL diesel.

Glad to see Porsche guys can get a bit dirty too!
Old 02-23-2019, 02:39 AM
Hams955
Pro

Originally Posted by BA73
Congrats on the JL! Especially in white Lift planned...I cant reccomend them highly enough. PM me if you have questions.

LOVE the AEV builds, and the Hemi swap...that's my current predicament....drop a Hemi in or wait another year for the JL diesel.

I think the diesel is going to be cool but underpowered.

I will say - the Hemi is really fun. It isn't a screamer but it makes all the right noises and has plenty of torque to move the thing around. It is surprising the amount of attention it draws as you can hear it; noises you wouldn't expect from a Wrangler right?! In fact it draws more attention than the RS. Somewhat unexpected.

Anyhow - JL with a Hemi? THAT would be awesome.

- Chris.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:57 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Rennlist is officially JEEP CENTRAL.

Great looking Jeeps, guys! Hemi? LOL. Lve it!

Signed up for Easter Jeep Safari tonight! Only could get one day but hoping to be able to squeeze in Sunday, if possible.

Look guys, Jeeps are as cool as GT cars. Getting in one is just as much of an event, but for very different reasons. It is the perfect contrast and compliment to a sports car. For many years i wrote off Jeeps and wondered why anyone would own one. These things are the worst when it comes to reliability, right? They are totally awesome. You want reliability? Buy a Toyota. You want FUN? Get a Jeep. Then mod it. Look at all the people with them here. There is a reason.

Old 02-23-2019, 03:13 AM
Hams955
Pro

Rennlist is officially JEEP CENTRAL.

Great looking Jeeps, guys! Hemi? LOL. Lve it!

Signed up for Easter Jeep Safari tonight! Only could get one day but hoping to be able to squeeze in Sunday, if possible.

Look guys, Jeeps are as cool as GT cars. Getting in one is just as much of an event, but for very different reasons. It is the perfect contrast and compliment to a sports car. For many years i wrote off Jeeps and wondered why anyone would own one. These things are the worst when it comes to reliability, right? They are totally awesome. You want reliability? Buy a Toyota. You want FUN? Get a Jeep. Then mod it. Look at all the people with them here. There is a reason.

IF you're an Apple handset user - go to the app store and search "jeep badge of honor" - Trust me on this. Only Jeep would come up with an app this cool!

My kids are 6/5/2, boy/girl/boy. My middle one is my daughter and she's my "car" kid. She names all the cars in the house and demands to be taken to school and dropped off in the RS. No problem!

My boys love the Jeep and so does mamma. It's just a silly fun vehicle to drive around and the whole family can enjoy it.

I find myself wanting to drive the Jeep most days just to tootle around town. It's just a fun vehicle.

Enjoy in good health sir!

- Chris.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:18 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by guab
Go to Easter Jeep Safari if you can... you won't regret it.

Ordered mine on Jan 14. It's stuck right now in a Kansas City rail yard... damnit... can't wait for it to show up. They're pretty reliable but every manufacturer has it's issues. I'd expect you will have some gremlins here and there but nothing crazy.

I sold my TJ too quickly -- was using it to keep miles off my '11 Range Rover, which is my primary DD. Range Rover, Wrangler (Rubi), and Spyder... such a great combo. You're correct on the 2.0 though... that motor is awesome! We'll see how reliable it is.

Nice garage btw... love the flooring. We may move up to CO in the next couple of years. Getting annoyed at the heat in the summer here (been out here 10 years now almost).
Thanks. I went ahead and booked it. So far i am impressed with the 2.0. Hope it doesn’t blow up when the warranty is up! lol. Zero lag and it gets decent mileage. Colorado is a great state. Awesome driving roads, paved and unpaved. Lots to do. Winters are nothng like the northeast. You will love it.

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
For many years had a Jeep and a 911...thinking about the new Wrangler as well. Wife is tired of me muddying up the Range Rover when I take the dogs hiking, and stealing it for ski trips. Holding out for the diesel (supposedly) coming next year, though...
Do it, Alan. The only reason i woukd hesitate on diesel is if you are out off roading and run out of gas, or bust a fuel line. Will anyone have diesel on the trail? But i am sure they will be awesome!

Originally Posted by Hams955
Great choice.

Jeep's are a TON of fun. My kids love to go offroad and horse around in CO. We did a 2018 JKU Rubicon but has the full AEV conversion with 5.7 Hemi and other fun stuff...

We've been getting hammered this week with snow. We have seen about 6 feet in the past few days.

It is really surreal to see the morning...

You won't be caught in a GT3 out on our road

Enjoy your JL!!!!

- Chris.
Thanks Chris! That is one bad *** Jeep. Love the look and the hemi. Great looking house too!

Originally Posted by OCturbo
Good choice. Same combo here - 15 wrangler unlimited and 15 gt3. Very different cars, but both fun to drive!
Well done!

Originally Posted by Apex Ace

Love my AEV JK350. Took it out last weekend.... it’s a snow warrior!
Nice!

'18 JKUR Recon for weekdays.
'14 JKURX for the wife.
'13 JKR for the weekends.
'06 TJR for when I know I'm gonna break something.

When's the next Sedona trip?!

Now that is a collection! The white one looks amazing.

Thanks! I will hit you up if i do that.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:18 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay maybe not. But we picked this up instead.

Ultimately felt like a Jeep in Colorado would provide a lot more opportunity to experience unpaved roads, leaving the paved stuff to the GT3.
Rob congratulations my dear friend. Great choice. Looks amazing. Enjoy. I still think and since Porsche blessed us with the 10 year powertrain warranty, you should drive your GT3 in the snow and off road, every chance you get. Mark
Old 02-23-2019, 03:23 AM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by Hams955
IF you're an Apple handset user - go to the app store and search "jeep badge of honor" - Trust me on this. Only Jeep would come up with an app this cool!

My kids are 6/5/2, boy/girl/boy. My middle one is my daughter and she's my "car" kid. She names all the cars in the house and demands to be taken to school and dropped off in the RS. No problem!

My boys love the Jeep and so does mamma. It's just a silly fun vehicle to drive around and the whole family can enjoy it.

I find myself wanting to drive the Jeep most days just to tootle around town. It's just a fun vehicle.

Enjoy in good health sir!

- Chris.
Thanks Chris! That app is cool!

Quick Reply: Rob's new 458 has arrived!