Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!) (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1130329-jcr-titanium-valved-race-pipe-new-product-and-intro-offer.html)

JCR-Porsche 02-21-2019 03:25 PM

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Hey all,

Back again with another new and exciting addition to the JCR Porsche product line. This product release marks the end (never say never) of our exhaust development for the 991 GT3 platform, with our new GT2 RS products set for release next!

This time it's our new Titanium Valved Race Pipe suitable for all 991 GT3 based models.

I have attached our release information along with an introductory pricing offer.

As ever, please feel free to ask any questions relating to the products and if you wish to order please just go ahead and do so following the links and instructions included at the bottom of this post.

JC

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Introduction

There has been a calling since we first debuted our Titanium Race Pipe to offer a version which is a little less extreme in volume whilst retaining that signature Race Pipe tone and quality of sound.

We’re very pleased to officially launch the JCR Titanium Valved Race pipe which we feel offers owners the best of both worlds. Incredible sound with the valves open and quiet operation with valves closed, all controlled from the OEM cabin mounted exhaust switch.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...4179c5bd60.png

Valved Exhaust

The JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe offers the best of both worlds. Raw uninterrupted Race Pipe sound with the valves open and quiet operation with valves closed. The perfect solution for those who love the Race Pipe sound but want to retain the factory Porsche exhaust button functionality inside the cabin. The valved & silenced design enables owners to quieten down the exhaust at the flick of a switch, dramatically reducing sound levels inside and outside the vehicle.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...9f01ed7d7e.png

The Design

Through extensive testing and development we have perfected a number of key areas in the exhaust systems design to perfectly tune and accentuate the tone and pitch of the JCR Titanium Silenced Race Pipe's sound and performance. The system features 70mm pipe work, routed cleverly to achieve the desired overall length whilst offering an target back pressure level to maintain low down torque yet allow the engine to breathe right up to the 9000rpm redline, in certain applications.

The system then merges into another key point, collecting the gasses and creating a scavenging effect whilst targeting unwanted drone frequencies then heading back out into a twin 70mm to the factory style 3-bolt flange allowing customers to retain OEM tips or upgrade for any aftermarket tips which utilise the OEM style 3-bolt flange.

We have manufactured a light weight fixing, utilising the OEM side silencer brackets we support the Titanium Race pipe from both sides to ensure no additional load is applied to the header flange. This also enables us to mount the exhaust with a small rubber mount, isolating any unwanted vibrations from the cabin.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...11054fcd05.png

Performance Increase

Every component of the JCR Titanium Exhaust line is guaranteed to improve HP & TQ with to a varying degree dependant on the specific combination of parts. In combination with the OEM headers the JCR Titanium Silenced Race Pipe in testing saw peak gains of 10-15bhp and 10-12ftlbs or torque with little to no low down torque loss over the OEM header back system, performance is on par with the regular (non silenced) Race Pipe with only a small weight penalty due to the addition of valves and silencers into the system.

RSR Sound

For anyone who has heard the 2018 GTE 911 RSR in person they would be hard pushed to say that there is a better sounding race car. We feel we have managed to achieve that same glorious tone with the JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe, hearing truly is believing in this case. With valves open the Titanium Valved Race Pipe sounds exactly as per our very popular non-silenced Race Pipe. Truly the best of both worlds in this case.

Key Features
  • 100% Titanium Construction
  • Titanium Valves
  • Titanium Silencers
  • HP & TQ Increase
  • OEM Style 3-Bolt Exhaust Tip Flange
Applications
  • 991.1 GT3 / R / RS
  • 991.2 GT3 / Touring / RS
Pricing & Availability

• £4495.00
  • Available Now

ORDER NOW - TITANIUM VALVED RACE PIPE

£4495.00 GBP ($5865.00 USD) + shipping // INTRO DISCOUNT - £4145.00 GBP ($5400.00 USD) + free shipping

speed doc 02-21-2019 03:34 PM

Wow beautiful work!! Please educate me on weather this will throw any engine codes and are the cats intact??

I love it!!!

Congrats again

Brosef 02-21-2019 03:47 PM

awesome! I hope this means pre-orders will be shipping in the not too distant future. absolutely psyched for mine!

Originally Posted by speed doc (Post 15654770)
Wow beautiful work!! Please educate me on weather this will throw any engine codes and are the cats intact??

I love it!!!

Congrats again

cats are still intact - ergo, no engine codes will arise as a result of this

speed doc 02-21-2019 03:55 PM

Great! Thanks Brosef!

A/S 02-21-2019 04:48 PM

@JC

1) Do you have any sound measurements between this new system at the multiple RPM ranges vs. the Silenced non-valved Race Pipes? The silencers look very similar between both systems, so I wonder if the valves closed are producing similar sound levels to my JCR Silenced Race Pipes (I don't want my system any louder to what it is).

2) Also with the valves open, is the sound level identical to the Non-Silenced/Non-Valved Race Pipes (the original race pipes)?

Thanks

hashash 02-21-2019 05:24 PM

wow , looks incredible !
does it come with the tips ?

krell 02-21-2019 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by A/S (Post 15654972)
@JC

1) Do you have any sound measurements between this new system at the multiple RPM ranges vs. the Silenced non-valved Race Pipes? The silencers look very similar between both systems, so I wonder if the valves closed are producing similar sound levels to my JCR Silenced Race Pipes (I don't want my system any louder to what it is).

2) Also with the valves open, is the sound level identical to the Non-Silenced/Non-Valved Race Pipes (the original race pipes)?

Thanks

Regarding item 2, yes. JC confirmed this either in a PM I had with him or in another forum post somewhere.

TT Chris 02-21-2019 06:11 PM

JC,

Shouldn't valves closed sound as loud and just like your silenced race pipe? It sounds quieter than stock in the video.

Can you please add this one to the comparison list you made from before so we can get an idea of the volume please .. Example of your comparison attached..

Thank you!
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...2b1d9769b7.jpg

BlazinPond 02-21-2019 06:36 PM

Gulp.....MUST HAVE.
Glad I haven't installed my other JCR exhaust as I might NEED to exchange :rockon:

Brosef 02-21-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TT Chris (Post 15655173)
JC,

Shouldn't valves closed sound as loud and just like your silenced race pipe? It sounds quieter than stock in the video.

Can you please add this one to the comparison list you made from before so we can get an idea of the volume please .. Example of your comparison attached..

Thank you!

I won't speak for Jonny, but I do know from what he told me that this exhaust is quieter than the silenced race pipe when the valves are closed. I'm no engineer, but I would presume that is due to the hard turn the exhaust gases need to take and the narrower piping that the gases flow through along that path.

DR08 02-21-2019 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by TT Chris (Post 15655173)
JC,

Thank you!

I've got the same request regarding the comparison list. Thanks!

Nizer 02-21-2019 08:18 PM

Couple of questions:

- does this system retain stock cats?
- where are the valves? don't see them in photos.
- any photos of full system? would like to see the rest of the plumbing.
- how would this system differ from using valved side muffler delete and silenced center section?

Thanks

horns 02-21-2019 08:34 PM

How is the natural transition from valves closed to open? I would think the step in volume would be more noticeable than the stock setup. Can you comment on this?

RADONCulous 02-21-2019 08:36 PM

Any drone or CEL? Thanks very interested!

sunnyr 02-21-2019 08:55 PM

Curious how this compares with your center silenced bypass + valved side bypass?