Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 02:25 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Question regarding sound comparison

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
2) When valves are open the sound is audibly exactly the same as the non silenced race pipe, we even went to the trouble of running 76mm I/D valves with a bellow before / after the valve body to ensure the flow wasn't disturbed by the butterfly valve as to not affect flow rates and disturb the sound in any way vs original race pipe.

Please see below, again this is a subjective feeling based on all of our other exhausts
  • JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe (Valves Closed - 4.5 // Valves Open - 9)
The Silencer size in the Valved Race Pipe is larger overall than the Silenced Centre Bypass with the same internal diameter so the silencing is significant vs valves open.

"Our Valved Side Silencer Bypass and Silenced Centre Bypass are modular parts, with the Valved Race Pipe we have more freedom in the design and so we have been able to include larger silencers in the valves closed position and also run our extended larger diameter pipe work and incorporate the Race Pipe merge pre tips. All this means that in comparison the Valved Race Pipe is quieter with valves closed and louder with valves open."

Thanks for the compliments! The weight loss vs OEM Side Silencers and OEM Centre Silencer is -18.5kg (-40.79lbs)
I am very interested in the Valved Race Pipe or your Side Silenced + Silenced Centre but I am stuck on something that has confused me.
When reading the listed sound comparison (If I can read correctly which is a big IF so please forgive me if I misunderstand):
Full Stock OEM System (Closed = 1 vs Open = 3)
Side Silenced + Silenced Centre (Closed = 3 vs Open = 8)
Valved Race Pipe (Closed = 4.5 vs Open = 9)

However in your written description you state "Our Valved Side Silencer Bypass and Silenced Centre Bypass are modular parts, with the Valved Race Pipe we have more freedom in the design and so we have been able to include larger silencers in the valves closed position and also run our extended larger diameter pipe work and incorporate the Race Pipe merge pre tips. All this means that in comparison the Valved Race Pipe is quieter with valves closed and louder with valves open."

When I read that it seems the subjective number based sound profiles I outlined above are either reversed or not accurate? I understand the sound rating system is subjective and not scientific - I'm just trying to understand all the presented information before I order.
Thank you
Old 02-26-2019, 02:29 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
I am very interested in the Valved Race Pipe or your Side Silenced + Silenced Centre but I am stuck on something that has confused me.
When reading the listed sound comparison (If I can read correctly which is a big IF so please forgive me if I misunderstand):
Full Stock OEM System (Closed = 1 vs Open = 3)
Side Silenced + Silenced Centre (Closed = 3 vs Open = 8)
Valved Race Pipe (Closed = 4.5 vs Open = 9)

However in your written description you state "Our Valved Side Silencer Bypass and Silenced Centre Bypass are modular parts, with the Valved Race Pipe we have more freedom in the design and so we have been able to include larger silencers in the valves closed position and also run our extended larger diameter pipe work and incorporate the Race Pipe merge pre tips. All this means that in comparison the Valved Race Pipe is quieter with valves closed and louder with valves open."

When I read that it seems the subjective number based sound profiles I outlined above are either reversed or not accurate? I understand the sound rating system is subjective and not scientific - I'm just trying to understand all the presented information before I order.
Thank you
A little misunderstanding it seems, I have the following written down here

Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass & Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 5 // Valves Open - 8)
Titanium Valved Race Pipe (Valves Closed - 4.5 // Valves Open - 9)

It's a subtle difference but certainly noticeable when testing / driving the different set ups back to back

Hope that helps

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 02-26-2019, 07:07 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Still waiting on 997 fitment confirmation
Old 02-26-2019, 09:17 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

A little misunderstanding it seems, I have the following written down here

Titanium Valved Side Silencer Bypass & Titanium Silenced Centre Bypass (Valves Closed - 5 // Valves Open - 8)
The above part is the part that is confusing to me - I believe when you are referencing the Centre bypass here it is the Centre Bypass NOT the Silenced Centre Bypass?
Titanium Valved Race Pipe (Valves Closed - 4.5 // Valves Open - 9)

It's a subtle difference but certainly noticeable when testing / driving the different set ups back to back

Hope that helps

JC
See blue in post above...
Please forgive me beating a dead horse on this one, but I actually went through all the threads and created an easy to read (I hope) spreadsheet of the various combinations of JCR Exhaust products and their subjective outputs...
Please double check me and I can delete if it is not helpful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by DrKid; 02-27-2019 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

More in depth video with various interior & exterior shots

https://youtu.be/x7g7G2YUG2Q

Enjoy!

JC
Last segment - exterior launch - could not stop laughing.

Using the PSE switch means they will run full open any time you're above 4,000rpm, correct? So no way to have them in silenced option at higher RPM, correct?
Old 03-02-2019, 12:08 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Last segment - exterior launch - could not stop laughing.

Using the PSE switch means they will run full open any time you're above 4,000rpm, correct? So no way to have them in silenced option at higher RPM, correct?
Soul Performance's John is working on a plug-in solution that can be controlled via Remote, and override the stock valves control behavior, it will allow stock (this follows the logic from the Exhaust button on the center console), but we know that at full throttle or partial throttle and higher RPMs the valves open any way. SOUL is going to have an option for Full Open Valves (good for track days), Full Closed Valves (just don't use heavy throttle) or stock control (relies on the exhaust button switch), so 4 total modes.

I think that with Soul's solution, I will go back to a valved system (currently on JCR's Silenced Pipes). Definitely JCR headers, JCR Valved Race Pipe, SOUL's valve controller, SOUL turn down pipes for sound limited venues, Tesla for Lime Rock and Laguna Seca.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

It's official.....this Valved Race Pipe w/ lightweight Titanium tips are going on my GT3.
I'm glad I've held off figuring out the best system for me. This is exactly what I was looking for.
So pumped. Thanks Jonny!
Old 03-02-2019, 01:09 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
Soul Performance's John is working on a plug-in solution that can be controlled via Remote, and override the stock valves control behavior, it will allow stock (this follows the logic from the Exhaust button on the center console), but we know that at full throttle or partial throttle and higher RPMs the valves open any way. SOUL is going to have an option for Full Open Valves (good for track days), Full Closed Valves (just don't use heavy throttle) or stock control (relies on the exhaust button switch), so 4 total modes.

I think that with Soul's solution, I will go back to a valved system (currently on JCR's Silenced Pipes). Definitely JCR headers, JCR Valved Race Pipe, SOUL's valve controller, SOUL turn down pipes for sound limited venues, Tesla for Lime Rock and Laguna Seca.
Fantastic! I think I may be the one who initially brought this idea to John when he was at Fabspeed. I ran a similar solution that John helped design. Looking forward to learning more about this! I'd like to run it with my incoming JCR Valved Race Pipe!
Old 03-02-2019, 08:12 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts

Good on you DrKid.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:17 PM
the2thdr
Instructor

Any possibility of more videos? In cabin under different load's for more than 30sec/non launch take off's?
Old 03-03-2019, 03:19 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Thanks and Cheers - glad if it can be helpful to anyone - no skin in the game, just trying to see all the info in a simple format
Old 03-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
That would be the optimal solution.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
currently on JCR's Silenced Pipes.
Any drone with the silenced pipe?
Old 03-03-2019, 11:07 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

I really love this design, particularly for those of us in CA where exhaust volume can be a concern. I do think that there's room to make the valves closed volume to be 3.5 or 4 by adding about 50% more to the silencer's length and teeing where the red oval is:

Old 03-04-2019, 03:00 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

A real world question,
what s the sound difference close/open/residual drones
between the two setup?

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe
Vs the bundle
JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer plus JCR // Titanium Silenced center ?

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)