Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

 
Old 04-24-2019, 12:10 AM
  #121  
BlazinPond
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BlazinPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minneapolis/Atlanta
Posts: 977
Default

Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
I'm talking about the valved side deletes (if you were responding to me).
But but but...there is another thread for Valved Side deletes...lol!

I'm just excited and not patient....my Valved Race Pipe is shipping this week.
BlazinPond is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 AM
  #122  
Z06
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Z06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,710
Default

Originally Posted by mdrums View Post
drop the weight and remove side mufflers. Car sounds awesome with stock center rear...you basically keep most all the stock exhaust and just open up the sound thus not really affecting and HP or TQ loss or gain.
I am looking to reduce the weight, be nice to add a bit of hp and not have it extremely loud, what is the best combination?

I am thinking, to remove the side mufflers and keep the titanium centre muffler. The problem is said to be, the centre muffler will eventually collapse, causing damage to the surrounding area. There is a backing plate that supports the weak area of the centre muffler.

has anyone used the backing plate? Does it actually work?
Z06 is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:11 AM
  #123  
krell
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
krell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 383
Default

Originally Posted by FourT6and2 View Post
I'm talking about the valved side deletes (if you were responding to me).
Too many different sections/combinations going on. I'd like to see a graph for each piece of the system and not 2 or 3 different ones combined because I know a bunch of people who are interested in either just center bypass or just valved side delete. But not both (race pipe).
I was just indicating that such info existed for another of their products. I know there's several threads about them but figured a lot of people read them all.
krell is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM
  #124  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,895
Default

Still no real world videos?
Nizer is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:23 PM
  #125  
sunnyr
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
sunnyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,208
Default

Originally Posted by krell View Post
After weeks/months of hounding JCR i FINALLY got a dyno graph for the silenced race pipe. To his word it does produce 10-15 more hp with very little loss on the low end. If I can find time I'll upload it.
Can you please post it? Don't know why JCR themselves don't share these.
sunnyr is online now  
Old 04-24-2019, 04:40 PM
  #126  
A/S
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: U.S.
Posts: 495
Default

Originally Posted by krell View Post
After weeks/months of hounding JCR i FINALLY got a dyno graph for the silenced race pipe. To his word it does produce 10-15 more hp with very little loss on the low end. If I can find time I'll upload it.
I have some acceleration (VBox) data, on a local closed service road, typical Florida humidity and high temperatures: Akrapovic headers + Stock Center, Akrapovic headers + Silenced JCR Race Pipes, and more recently stock headers and JCR Silenced Race Pipes. All of the non-stock combinations made power, I built a few tables to compare, below is one of the many tables. I have even more data from the 991.1 GT3 RS, but I ran maybe a dozen of exhausts in that car, and didn't keep notes of acceleration vs. what modifications were in the car. I only installed systems in the 991.1 GT3RS that by design were going to help to produce power, and I didn't tune my 991.1 or 991.2 GT3RS (because of fragile engine and 991 GT3 engine-gate).

As a reference, R&T tested a 991.1 Turbo S (560Hp) on this range at 4.2s, and C&D tested the 991.2 Turbo S at 3.6s (the 991.2 Turbo S is a 605hp car, not a 580hp car), and supposedly the King of all 911s (the 991.2 GT2 RS) can do this in 3 seconds flat.

The numbers shown for the 991.1 Turbo S are from my car, quick times are with the 100+ octane tune and all the other parts (around 660hp), slowest times in what I run for street driving (mild-tune and 93oct fuel, around 590hp). This table shows how strong both 991.1 and 991.2 GT3 RS are, as acceleration from 60mph is not affected by off-the-line traction advantage on AWD vs. RWD.

I prefer to use real world acceleration, than dyno charts, as dyno charts don't factor aero, cooling, intake air speed, etc.

A/S is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 04:59 PM
  #127  
flsupraguy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
flsupraguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 809
Default

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Any 60 to 130 data? I love my vbox
flsupraguy is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:16 PM
  #128  
FourT6and2
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
FourT6and2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,480
Default

Originally Posted by A/S View Post
I have some acceleration (VBox) data, on a local closed service road, typical Florida humidity and high temperatures: Akrapovic headers + Stock Center, Akrapovic headers + Silenced JCR Race Pipes, and more recently stock headers and JCR Silenced Race Pipes. All of the non-stock combinations made power, I built a few tables to compare, below is one of the many tables. I have even more data from the 991.1 GT3 RS, but I ran maybe a dozen of exhausts in that car, and didn't keep notes of acceleration vs. what modifications were in the car. I only installed systems in the 991.1 GT3RS that by design were going to help to produce power, and I didn't tune my 991.1 or 991.2 GT3RS (because of fragile engine and 991 GT3 engine-gate).

As a reference, R&T tested a 991.1 Turbo S (560Hp) on this range at 4.2s, and C&D tested the 991.2 Turbo S at 3.6s (the 991.2 Turbo S is a 605hp car, not a 580hp car), and supposedly the King of all 911s (the 991.2 GT2 RS) can do this in 3 seconds flat.

The numbers shown for the 991.1 Turbo S are from my car, quick times are with the 100+ octane tune and all the other parts (around 660hp), slowest times in what I run for street driving (mild-tune and 93oct fuel, around 590hp). This table shows how strong both 991.1 and 991.2 GT3 RS are, as acceleration from 60mph is not affected by off-the-line traction advantage on AWD vs. RWD.

I prefer to use real world acceleration, than dyno charts, as dyno charts don't factor aero, cooling, intake air speed, etc.

Am I reading this right? Car got slower after mods.
FourT6and2 is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:17 PM
  #129  
krell
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
krell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 383
Default

A/S, hopefully the dyno curve and accel data are in agreement in a perfect world. And just to be clear this is a .2 3RS with stock headers and exhaust compared to one with the silenced race pipe.

krell is offline  
Old 04-27-2019, 10:46 PM
  #130  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,895
Default

Originally Posted by Nizer View Post
Still no real world videos?
^^This
Nizer is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 12:03 AM
  #131  
Brosef
User
 
Brosef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 419
Default

Originally Posted by Nizer View Post
^^This
https://www.instagram.com/jcr_porsch...=1uqcybx7gufxf
Brosef is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 02:29 AM
  #132  
the2thdr
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 118
Default

Originally Posted by drdonger View Post
How long did it take you guys to get your exhausts after you paid?
Curious as well.
the2thdr is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 11:32 AM
  #133  
chranotik
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 21
Default

hahaha, nice video. also that exhaust sounds amazing. i'll probably be getting this, just need to decide on the headers.

Last edited by chranotik; 04-28-2019 at 12:58 PM.
chranotik is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 10:58 PM
  #134  
flsupraguy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
flsupraguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 809
Default

Can you please post a video of a cold start with the valves in the closed position? Thanks.
flsupraguy is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 11:01 PM
  #135  
flsupraguy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
flsupraguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 809
Default

Originally Posted by chranotik View Post
hahaha, nice video. also that exhaust sounds amazing. i'll probably be getting this, just need to decide on the headers.
They also make headers as i recall
flsupraguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: