Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:58 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 206 Posts

We need more videos
Old 04-23-2019, 11:14 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Trying to decide between the Superlight Center Bypass with stock side mufflers vs the valved side delete and stock center muffler on my upcoming GT3 RS. My GT3 has a BBI/GRP center bypass and I like it. But looking at something different for the RS. Would like to keep it all titanium. Side delete would certainly save more weight. But wondering about the sound.

JCR, do you have a video comparing valved side delete and stock center vs superlight center and stock sides? Stock headers in both situation.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:16 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Trying to decide between the Superlight Center Bypass with stock side mufflers vs the valved side delete and stock center muffler on my upcoming GT3 RS. My GT3 has a BBI/GRP center bypass and I like it. But looking at something different for the RS. Would like to keep it all titanium.
Drop the anchors, side mufflers have no benefit but to make the car too quiet, Speedster proves it. Keep you stock center Ti, add side delete valved pipes and you’ll lots of titanium back there
Old 04-23-2019, 11:21 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by A/S
Drop the anchors, side mufflers have no benefit but to make the car too quiet, Speedster proves it. Keep you stock center Ti, add side delete valved pipes and you’ll lots of titanium back there
I guess if I install a cage that would help offset the weight gain too.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:05 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

How long did it take you guys to get your exhausts after you paid?
Old 04-23-2019, 12:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,390 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
I have the GRP on my .2 Manual and also love the sound but considering side deletes and put OEM rear back on. Do you think that with the Side delete that if will be louder than just the GRP Bypass with OEM side mufflers?
Old 04-23-2019, 12:51 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have the GRP on my .2 Manual and also love the sound but considering side deletes and put OEM rear back on. Do you think that with the Side delete that if will be louder than just the GRP Bypass with OEM side mufflers?
Get the valved titanium race pipe, Jimmy. Weight reduction and great sound.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:55 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Based on anecdotes and some video, valved side delete is quieter than stock sides and center bypass (especially the GRP/BBI bypass, which I have as well). I like the sound of the BBI/GRP. But I think dropping some weight with side delete would be beneficial. With valved side delete and stock center muffler, you have almost the same exhaust path as stock everything, with valves open. I think stock, some exhaust gas does circulate through the side mufflers with the valves open. But most of it goes straight through to the center muffler and then out the tail pipe without running through all the baffles. But still... some gas does (in my mind) go through the side muffler baffles and center muffler baffle, so it will quiet the car down a little.

With valved side delete, you have just eliminated the tiny amount of exhaust gas bleed off that finds its way through the side mufflers. A tiny amount of gas will probably flow through the baffled portion of the center section, but most of it will flow straight through.

So by that logic, if it's correct, valved side delete should be quieter than stock sides and center bypass.

There's a video by Obsessed Garage, where he's driving another owner's LZ GT3 RS with valved side delete. It seems to sound like stock, but maybe a little more aggressive and pissed off. Definitely not as loud as the GRP/BBI center bypass.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,390 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
Get the valved titanium race pipe, Jimmy. Weight reduction and great sound.
Been flirting with the non-valved Silence Race Pipe- do not like Valves and always go Valveless
Old 04-23-2019, 04:07 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Been flirting with the non-valved Silence Race Pipe- do not like Valves and always go Valveless
That's a good choice too.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:09 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I love mine.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:11 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Trying to decide between the Superlight Center Bypass with stock side mufflers vs the valved side delete and stock center muffler on my upcoming GT3 RS. My GT3 has a BBI/GRP center bypass and I like it. But looking at something different for the RS. Would like to keep it all titanium. Side delete would certainly save more weight. But wondering about the sound.

JCR, do you have a video comparing valved side delete and stock center vs superlight center and stock sides? Stock headers in both situation.
drop the weight and remove side mufflers. Car sounds awesome with stock center rear...you basically keep most all the stock exhaust and just open up the sound thus not really affecting and HP or TQ loss or gain.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:04 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by mdrums
drop the weight and remove side mufflers. Car sounds awesome with stock center rear...you basically keep most all the stock exhaust and just open up the sound thus not really affecting and HP or TQ loss or gain.
Hard to know who to trust. Some people say side delete causes power loss. Others say it causes power gain. Others say there is no change. Nobody has ever done a dyno to actually test. I wonder why... Hopefully JCR posts a "Part 2" thread to the dyno tests they did (which were great) and does the same thing for center bypass and side delete.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:47 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

After weeks/months of hounding JCR i FINALLY got a dyno graph for the silenced race pipe. To his word it does produce 10-15 more hp with very little loss on the low end. If I can find time I'll upload it.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by krell
After weeks/months of hounding JCR i FINALLY got a dyno graph for the silenced race pipe. To his word it does produce 10-15 more hp with very little loss on the low end. If I can find time I'll upload it.
I'm talking about the valved side deletes (if you were responding to me).
Too many different sections/combinations going on. I'd like to see a graph for each piece of the system and not 2 or 3 different ones combined because I know a bunch of people who are interested in either just center bypass or just valved side delete. But not both (race pipe).

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)