Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

 
Old 03-04-2019, 11:38 PM
  #61  
NCheok
User
 
NCheok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: 35.68░S 139.68░E
Posts: 46
Smile

Originally Posted by A/S View Post
For any system to be totally drone-free below 4,000rpm, there must be serious mufflers (size, chambers, tiny pipes) in place, but that robs power, so it is likely a valved system.
Completely agree, and thank you for your elaborate insight.
NCheok is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 10:50 AM
  #62  
BlazinPond
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BlazinPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minneapolis/Detroit
Posts: 971
Default

Originally Posted by NCheok View Post


Since no one has taken delivery of their Titanium Valved Race Pipe + also have Titanium Valved Side Silencer + Silenced Centre to do a back-to-back comparison.

The non-scientific assumption will be as follows;

Titanium Valved Race Pipe = 4.5 times louder than OEM at low speed, docile driving + 9 times louder than OEM when fully engaged. Lighter total weight, cheaper priced. Less sensible street use but not nearly as lunatic compared to other JCR options

Titanium Valved Side Silencer + Silenced Centre = 3 times louder than OEM at low speed, docile driving + 8 times louder than OEM when fully engaged. Heavier than above, slight more expensive. Most sensible street use by JCR.

I anticipate both will be just as loud at WOT with the Titanium Valved Race Pipe having a more RSR exhaust tone = I think this is the sound all GT owners secretly desire to produce.
A few things I may 'slightly' disagree with....

While I cannot speak for Jonny w/ JCR, that's not how I understand the rating system (not logarithmic)

I took this 'subjective' rating system comparing both JCR systems (and other systems) on an incremental scale (1-10).
A five (5), doesn't mean it is 5x louder than a 1.

Secondly, IMO the Valved Race system will be BETTER for street because the silencer is larger than that on the center silenced muffler paired with Valved Side Deletes.

For what it's worth, I originally had the JCR Valved Side Delete's and the Silenced Center Muffler configuration (although NOT installed).
I am exchanging for the Valved Race System instead (also not yet installed or shipped).

Hope this helps....and if I am wrong, Jonny or others can set me straight!
BlazinPond is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 11:05 AM
  #63  
MPietro
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 45
Default

i will go in my 991.2 GT3 for the OEM center titanium from the RS and titanium pipes from akra as I have got an offer I cannot decline that good is it....I would be interested to know how much loader it does make the car. Anyone experienced wiht ?
MPietro is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 11:13 AM
  #64  
Brosef
User
 
Brosef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 408
Default

Originally Posted by BlazinPond View Post
A few things I may 'slightly' disagree with....

While I cannot speak for Jonny w/ JCR, that's not how I understand the rating system (not logarithmic)

I took this 'subjective' rating system comparing both JCR systems (and other systems) on an incremental scale (1-10).
A five (5), doesn't mean it is 5x louder than a 1.

Secondly, IMO the Valved Race system will be BETTER for street because the silencer is larger than that on the center silenced muffler paired with Valved Side Deletes.

For what it's worth, I originally had the JCR Valved Side Delete's and the Silenced Center Muffler configuration (although NOT installed).
I am exchanging for the Valved Race System instead (also not yet installed or shipped).

Hope this helps....and if I am wrong, Jonny or others can set me straight!
I think that's spot on from all the posts I've read on JCR's products (and I've read them all) and the conversations I've had with Jonny. I'm also patiently waiting for my valved race pipe - can't wait for it. combined with the SOUL valve controller for the exhaust, I think it will be perfection.
Brosef is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 02:15 PM
  #65  
fxz
Super User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist h÷re...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Posts: 3,291
Default

Turbo or not they sound glorious

fxz is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:05 PM
  #66  
Alan C.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Alan C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,976
Default

Dundon catted headers with stock muffler. And if I don't like it I can return it instead of adding it to a few other sets in the back of my garage.
Alan C. is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 08:52 PM
  #67  
flsupraguy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
flsupraguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 751
Default

Can anyone share install pics? I'm trying to see if I can fit the valved race system on my 997.1 gt3 with fabspeed catless long tubes
flsupraguy is offline  
Old 03-05-2019, 10:02 PM
  #68  
NCheok
User
 
NCheok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: 35.68░S 139.68░E
Posts: 46
Talking

Originally Posted by BlazinPond View Post
A five (5), doesn't mean it is 5x louder than a 1.

Secondly, IMO the Valved Race system will be BETTER for street because the silencer is larger than that on the center silenced muffler paired with Valved Side Deletes.
​​​​
I too hope this would be the more accurate measure, as I do not want 5x personally.

Didn't know the silencer / resonators are larger, good to know.

Originally Posted by BlazinPond View Post
For what it's worth, I originally had the JCR Valved Side Delete's and the Silenced Center Muffler configuration (although NOT installed).
I am exchanging for the Valved Race System instead (also not yet installed or shipped).
​​​​
Told you, you and I are doing this in reverse order.​
NCheok is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 01:14 AM
  #69  
BlazinPond
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BlazinPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minneapolis/Detroit
Posts: 971
Default

Originally Posted by NCheok View Post
​​​​
I too hope this would be the more accurate measure, as I do not want 5x personally.

Didn't know the silencer / resonators are larger, good to know.


​​​​
Told you, you and I are doing this in reverse order.​
Right on my friend!
BlazinPond is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 01:16 AM
  #70  
BlazinPond
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BlazinPond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Minneapolis/Detroit
Posts: 971
Default

Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
Dundon catted headers with stock muffler. And if I don't like it I can return it instead of adding it to a few other sets in the back of my garage.
Curious....did you post in the wrong thread? Haha!
I do look forward to hearing the/your Dundon system in person sometime....maybe a future Smokies.
BlazinPond is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 PM
  #71  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 366
Default

Hey all,

Sorry i've not managed to keep on top of the thread as much as I would have liked recently. We're working super hard on production right now, all hands on deck!

Currently we're around 6 weeks out for new orders on the Valved Race Pipe, when orders are secured your place is firm in the production queue. We're working as hard as possible to work our way thought the pre orders and new orders coming in.

It's been another incredible reception to this product, we cant wait for you new owners to share your experiences post install.

Some more detailed images below of our Titanium Valved Race Pipe, as ever. Any questions please ask!


JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Valved Side Section

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Complete Assembly

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - Centre Section (3.18kg / 7.01lbs)

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - RH Valved Side Section (2.28kg / 5.02lbs)

JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe - LH Valved Side Section (2.28kg / 5.02lbs)

Total weight of the system comes to 8.50kg / 18.73lbs complete with clamps / brackets and titanium tailpipe fixings. An overall saving of 18.88kg / 41.62lbs vs OEM side silencers and centre silencer.

Also a big shout out to Drkid for the work on the info sheet, very helpful! Much appreciated..

JC
__________________
JCR-Porsche is offline  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:21 PM
  #72  
DrKid
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
DrKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 75
Default

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche View Post
Hey all,

Sorry i've not managed to keep on top of the thread as much as I would have liked recently. We're working super hard on production right now, all hands on deck!

Currently we're around 6 weeks out for new orders on the Valved Race Pipe, when orders are secured your place is firm in the production queue. We're working as hard as possible to work our way thought the pre orders and new orders coming in.

It's been another incredible reception to this product, we cant wait for you new owners to share your experiences post install.

Some more detailed images below of our Titanium Valved Race Pipe, as ever. Any questions please ask!

Total weight of the system comes to 8.50kg / 18.73lbs complete with clamps / brackets and titanium tailpipe fixings. An overall saving of 18.88kg / 41.62lbs vs OEM side silencers and centre silencer.

Also a big shout out to Drkid for the work on the info sheet, very helpful! Much appreciated..

JC
Cheers...Happy to help

Updated with new weights


DrKid is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:35 AM
  #73  
mt2000
User
 
mt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Victoria, Australia
Posts: 15
Default

Canĺt wait for this!

Would be good to have on the table: Inconel JCR Headers plus Valved race pipes - quiet and loud modes.

JC, do you have any plans to make headers with cats ?

Cheers,

Mark

mt2000 is online now  
Old 03-11-2019, 06:58 AM
  #74  
AndreasPeriera
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 64
Default

JCR-Porsche
When the valves are closed on the valves JCR pipe, would it remain close throughout the Rev range or would it open at around 4k rpm?
AndreasPeriera is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 11:13 AM
  #75  
Cay_PI
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 121
Default

It will open. The question is, can we force-close it without having to much backpreasure in high rpms?
Cay_PI is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: