Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 03:25 AM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fxz
A real world question,
what s the sound difference close/open/residual drones
between the two setup?

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe
Vs the bundle
JCR // Titanium Valved Side Silencer plus JCR // Titanium Silenced center ?

Since no one has taken delivery of their Titanium Valved Race Pipe + also have Titanium Valved Side Silencer + Silenced Centre to do a back-to-back comparison.

The non-scientific assumption will be as follows;

Titanium Valved Race Pipe = 4.5 times louder than OEM at low speed, docile driving + 9 times louder than OEM when fully engaged. Lighter total weight, cheaper priced. Less sensible street use but not nearly as lunatic compared to other JCR options

Titanium Valved Side Silencer + Silenced Centre = 3 times louder than OEM at low speed, docile driving + 8 times louder than OEM when fully engaged. Heavier than above, slight more expensive. Most sensible street use by JCR.

I anticipate both will be just as loud at WOT with the Titanium Valved Race Pipe having a more RSR exhaust tone = I think this is the sound all GT owners secretly desire to produce.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:17 AM
Cay_PI
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

Another question. How about backpresure? Could the valved race pipe used with forced closed valves on tracks with dB-Limit? Is it lass loud than complete stock (with open valves) in this case?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:05 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrKid
Thanks and Cheers - glad if it can be helpful to anyone - no skin in the game, just trying to see all the info in a simple format
Thanks, now how about including total weights for each line...
Old 03-04-2019, 02:57 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cormid
Not on the JCR payroll yet - we'll see how the patient flow goes in the office today...
Old 03-04-2019, 03:09 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Not on the JCR payroll yet - we'll see how the patient flow goes in the office today...
Awesome. More often than not, helping becomes a second job, and your PM inbox gets jammed with valid and silly questions. The best part is the questions that have already been answered in details.

Thanks for the nice table you created.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:11 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

I differ with Jonny in regards to the Silenced Race Pipes, I would rate them at 8.33. I ran these pipes with my catted Akrapovic Titanium headers, and that I would rate at 9. For street use, 6 is my ideal limit, for track use 10 is my ideal limit.

My Akrapovic headers (they delete the side mufflers) and single L-pipe to the stock Ti center is definitely a 7, and with stock cats a 6. This aligns with the table above built by DrKid.

I have over 700 happy miles on the Silenced Race Pipes, maybe the most miles from anyone out there. This new Valved Race Pipes product should be quieter with valves closed than what I have, but I doubt it gets to 4.5, I bet on 7 at best. I'm awaiting further info from Jonny, dyno charts with headers, and with headers it could end up being 8 (closed valves) and 10 (open valves). In the meantime, I'm on hold and super happy with the best sound I have heard in a 991 GT3 in all these years and multiple exhaust combos I have tested.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:24 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cormid
I think I covered most of their offerings.

The following users liked this post:
DiscoWagon (02-23-2021)
Old 03-04-2019, 05:19 PM
DrKid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by A/S
Awesome. More often than not, helping becomes a second job, and your PM inbox gets jammed with valid and silly questions. The best part is the questions that have already been answered in details.

Thanks for the nice table you created.
👍🏼🍻
Old 03-04-2019, 06:06 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

DrKid - you sir needs a discount from JCR lol
Old 03-04-2019, 06:08 PM
SocalTouring
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
This new Valved Race Pipes product should be quieter with valves closed than what I have, but I doubt it gets to 4.5, I bet on 7 at best. I'm awaiting further info from Jonny, dyno charts with headers, and with headers it could end up being 8 (closed valves) and 10 (open valves).
I suspect the same. For that reason I think the resonator could be a little longer, at least 50-75% longer as described in post #44
Old 03-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
I differ with Jonny in regards to the Silenced Race Pipes, I would rate them at 8.33. I ran these pipes with my catted Akrapovic Titanium headers, and that I would rate at 9. For street use, 6 is my ideal limit, for track use 10 is my ideal limit.

My Akrapovic headers (they delete the side mufflers) and single L-pipe to the stock Ti center is definitely a 7, and with stock cats a 6. This aligns with the table above built by DrKid.

I have over 700 happy miles on the Silenced Race Pipes, maybe the most miles from anyone out there. This new Valved Race Pipes product should be quieter with valves closed than what I have, but I doubt it gets to 4.5, I bet on 7 at best. I'm awaiting further info from Jonny, dyno charts with headers, and with headers it could end up being 8 (closed valves) and 10 (open valves). In the meantime, I'm on hold and super happy with the best sound I have heard in a 991 GT3 in all these years and multiple exhaust combos I have tested.
Are you planning on keeping the Silenced race pipes on? How is the Drone?

I do not want anything with Valves because the Transition is the most annoying thing to me.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:54 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts
Question

I think I covered most of their offerings.
I'm surprised the Valved Silencer + Silenced Bypass is lighter than Valved Race Pipe (which has less sections and pieces in comparison).

I would have thought all of the 3 race pipe versions had similar weight savings of 20kg +/- @ JCR for more insight on weight savings on Valved Race Pipe?

Originally Posted by A/S
This new Valved Race Pipes product should be quieter with valves closed than what I have, but I doubt it gets to 4.5, I bet on 7 at best.
Great insight, would love to hear your feedback on drone too.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:22 PM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Drone questions about JCR Silenced Race Pipes?

Barely any, just a tad in the 2,800rpm-3400rpm with low to medium throttle applications. If barely touching the gas pedal or going deep with that pedal on that range, there is Zero drone, everywhere else the RPM range, 0 drone regardless of Throttle Position or RPMs. I get on cell phone calls with the PCM and they can't hear that I'm in a car until I hit my throttle hard.

On light throttle applications, the Silenced Race Pipes are a 2.5, but at 7500rpm or more and WOT this is 8.33. TP and RPM will determine if you are closer to 2.5 or 8.33.

I had acceptable but noticeable drone with the stock headers/cats, side bypass non-valved pipes (FVD) and the stock Ti center muffler. Not bad at all, but not invisible either.

For any system to be totally drone-free below 4,000rpm, there must be serious mufflers (size, chambers, tiny pipes) in place, but that robs power, so it is likely a valved system. Valved systems have Jekyll/Hyde behavior, but some go Banner/Hulk and I prefer a noticeable but light transition (like VVTL-i or VTEC, not the 930 Turbo response).

Drone is very driver's specific. I have a 5 months old YukonXL Denali 2WD that has drone at 77mph, nobody notices it, just me, so I don't drive it unless I need to tow, and I stay outside 77mph. Dozens of people can't feel anything and I feel the drone.

To this day, I have not witnessed a better sound GT3/GT3RS than mine, at 6,000rpm it sounds like doing 7,500rpm on the stock system with valves disconnected and a little higher pitch. Favorite range 6k-9k with the JCR race pipes ==> Racetrack music.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

^Thanks

You have any sound clips and startup?
Old 03-04-2019, 11:16 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 423 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by A/S
Drone questions about JCR Silenced Race Pipes?

Barely any, just a tad in the 2,800rpm-3400rpm with low to medium throttle applications. .
Thanks very informative as always, i cut your great post to ask JCR silenced center owners to jump in and compare their 0 4000rpm drones experience

unfortunately video make low sense being not able to capture all the frequencies and volume

your descriptive posts are of great help,
asking for video is like pretending to taste food watching youtube... yes you have an very tiny idea but is too far from a real experience

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)