Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

 
Old 05-03-2019, 09:28 AM
  #151  
Jbravo23
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jbravo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 71
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Subbed. Very interested in this valved setup. Curious to hear from a couple more owners. How quick is the turn around on these. If ordered let’s say Monday May 6th what’s a rough estimate for delivery to the states? Thanks.
Jbravo23 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM
  #152  
ad2330
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ad2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Sorry for the long delay in a review.


Just for some context: My path has been OEM exhaust --> JCR Titanium Race Pipe --> JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe

Review of Valved Race Pipe:

At idle - the valves open/closed is noticed. Also, physically you can see the valves working fine. Cold starts are still 'loud', but not in the same universe as the Race Pipe cold start. Only wake up 5 or 6 neighbors now, instead of the whole block.
At speed - valves open/closed is indistinguishable. Doesn't matter what RPM range, speed, etc. I cannot tell a difference, nor can my tech. The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. Having said that, the drone is minimal in comparison to the Race Pipe. Very manageable in that respect, but again, same sound whether valves open or closed. It simply doesn't matter.

Overall, if the Race Pipe is too much, I'd go silenced Race Pipe all day long. Maybe go Silenced Race Pipe + Inconel headers? Might be the perfect match.


My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
ad2330 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 11:58 AM
  #153  
mass27
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 893
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. .
This is contrary to what JCR has stated in this thread, both subjectively and objectively with the numerical assignment of sound. 70% of the non-valved race pipe sound is a huge delta. Even the videos of the valved race pipe on instagram sound similar to the non-valved race pipe.

I wonder what is causing this huge delta as the path of both pipes (valved / non-valved) is very similar when the valves are open.

JCR...thoughts?
mass27 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 12:07 PM
  #154  
ad2330
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ad2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
This is contrary to what JCR has stated in this thread, both subjectively and objectively with the numerical assignment of sound. 70% of the non-valved race pipe sound is a huge delta. Even the videos of the valved race pipe on instagram sound similar to the non-valved race pipe.

I wonder what is causing this huge delta as the path of both pipes (valved / non-valved) is very similar when the valves are open.

JCR...thoughts?
Understand my 70% is subjective. But, I've had the Race Pipe and know what it sounds like (epic).

I've been working with JCR to try and understand the delta, and also the indistinguishable difference between open and closed. I'm likely one of the few that have had the Race Pipe and now the Valved Race Pipe. Again - please take my subjective review with a grain of salt. The Valved Race Pipe still sounds really good.
ad2330 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 12:43 PM
  #155  
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thread Starter
 
JCR-Porsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 397
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mass27 View Post
This is contrary to what JCR has stated in this thread, both subjectively and objectively with the numerical assignment of sound. 70% of the non-valved race pipe sound is a huge delta. Even the videos of the valved race pipe on instagram sound similar to the non-valved race pipe.

I wonder what is causing this huge delta as the path of both pipes (valved / non-valved) is very similar when the valves are open.

JCR...thoughts?
Certainly to our ears (and the dB meter) the Valved Race Pipe (valves open) and the regular Race Pipe sound the same. They're within 1dB.

Exhaust sound / volume etc is extremely subjective and we're working with ad2330 to ensure he's totally happy with the results.

Race Pipe:



Valved Race Pipe:





Valved Race Pipe - Valves Open / Close



JC
__________________

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 05-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.
JCR-Porsche is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
  #156  
Jbravo23
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jbravo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 71
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
Sorry for the long delay in a review.


Just for some context: My path has been OEM exhaust --> JCR Titanium Race Pipe --> JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe

Review of Valved Race Pipe:

At idle - the valves open/closed is noticed. Also, physically you can see the valves working fine. Cold starts are still 'loud', but not in the same universe as the Race Pipe cold start. Only wake up 5 or 6 neighbors now, instead of the whole block.
At speed - valves open/closed is indistinguishable. Doesn't matter what RPM range, speed, etc. I cannot tell a difference, nor can my tech. The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. Having said that, the drone is minimal in comparison to the Race Pipe. Very manageable in that respect, but again, same sound whether valves open or closed. It simply doesn't matter.

Overall, if the Race Pipe is too much, I'd go silenced Race Pipe all day long. Maybe go Silenced Race Pipe + Inconel headers? Might be the perfect match.


My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
how would you rate the cold start with valves open compared to cold start with race pipe?
Jbravo23 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 01:22 PM
  #157  
Brosef
User
 
Brosef's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 420
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

^^ while I can't speak to the comparison, I can tell you that no reasonable person would hear the cold start with the valved race pipe and say "wish it was a little louder". it's chaotic (in a good way).
Brosef is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 01:46 PM
  #158  
Jbravo23
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jbravo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 71
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
^^ while I can't speak to the comparison, I can tell you that no reasonable person would hear the cold start with the valved race pipe and say "wish it was a little louder". it's chaotic (in a good way).
i like a little chaos xD i think if I can get 70% of the race pipe sound (subjective) and also be quiet when needed then this may be the right setup for me. Higher than what I wanted to spend but quality looks superb and I cannot help but grin every time I watch the videos.
Jbravo23 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 03:52 PM
  #159  
ad2330
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ad2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jbravo23 View Post
how would you rate the cold start with valves open compared to cold start with race pipe?
Both really loud.
ad2330 is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 07:53 PM
  #160  
krell
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
krell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 390
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Cold start on Brosef's car with the valved race pipe is indeed quite loud but it does quite down after 30 seconds. I heard it inside a shop with concrete floors and cinder block walls so that undoubtedly exacerbated the loudness.
krell is offline  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 PM
  #161  
horns
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 168
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
Sorry for the long delay in a review.

My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
If your valved system is operating correctly and the sound you experienced is what you get with this system, will you go back to the race system, or is the drone and constant volume too much?
horns is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:37 PM
  #162  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ad2330 View Post
Sorry for the long delay in a review.


Just for some context: My path has been OEM exhaust --> JCR Titanium Race Pipe --> JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe

Review of Valved Race Pipe:

At idle - the valves open/closed is noticed. Also, physically you can see the valves working fine. Cold starts are still 'loud', but not in the same universe as the Race Pipe cold start. Only wake up 5 or 6 neighbors now, instead of the whole block.
At speed - valves open/closed is indistinguishable. Doesn't matter what RPM range, speed, etc. I cannot tell a difference, nor can my tech. The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. Having said that, the drone is minimal in comparison to the Race Pipe. Very manageable in that respect, but again, same sound whether valves open or closed. It simply doesn't matter.

Overall, if the Race Pipe is too much, I'd go silenced Race Pipe all day long. Maybe go Silenced Race Pipe + Inconel headers? Might be the perfect match.


My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
Hard to believe there's no distinguishable sound difference between valves open vs closed.

Curious to hear what other owners of this system think. Anyone out there?
Nizer is offline  
Old 06-10-2019, 12:44 PM
  #163  
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Nizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beta Testing
Posts: 10,916
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Still looking for feedback from other owners regarding inability to distinguish between valves open and valves closed. More closed valve videos would be helpful if anyone has them.
Nizer is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM
  #164  
flsupraguy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
flsupraguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 833
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

What is the production time currently for your valved race pipe and also your race headers?
flsupraguy is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: