Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 09:28 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,708 Likes on 712 Posts

Subbed. Very interested in this valved setup. Curious to hear from a couple more owners. How quick is the turn around on these. If ordered let’s say Monday May 6th what’s a rough estimate for delivery to the states? Thanks.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM
ad2330
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry for the long delay in a review.

Just for some context: My path has been OEM exhaust --> JCR Titanium Race Pipe --> JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe

Review of Valved Race Pipe:

At idle - the valves open/closed is noticed. Also, physically you can see the valves working fine. Cold starts are still 'loud', but not in the same universe as the Race Pipe cold start. Only wake up 5 or 6 neighbors now, instead of the whole block.
At speed - valves open/closed is indistinguishable. Doesn't matter what RPM range, speed, etc. I cannot tell a difference, nor can my tech. The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. Having said that, the drone is minimal in comparison to the Race Pipe. Very manageable in that respect, but again, same sound whether valves open or closed. It simply doesn't matter.

Overall, if the Race Pipe is too much, I'd go silenced Race Pipe all day long. Maybe go Silenced Race Pipe + Inconel headers? Might be the perfect match.

My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:58 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ad2330
The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. .
This is contrary to what JCR has stated in this thread, both subjectively and objectively with the numerical assignment of sound. 70% of the non-valved race pipe sound is a huge delta. Even the videos of the valved race pipe on instagram sound similar to the non-valved race pipe.

I wonder what is causing this huge delta as the path of both pipes (valved / non-valved) is very similar when the valves are open.

JCR...thoughts?
Old 05-03-2019, 12:07 PM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by mass27
This is contrary to what JCR has stated in this thread, both subjectively and objectively with the numerical assignment of sound. 70% of the non-valved race pipe sound is a huge delta. Even the videos of the valved race pipe on instagram sound similar to the non-valved race pipe.

I wonder what is causing this huge delta as the path of both pipes (valved / non-valved) is very similar when the valves are open.

JCR...thoughts?
Understand my 70% is subjective. But, I've had the Race Pipe and know what it sounds like (epic).

I've been working with JCR to try and understand the delta, and also the indistinguishable difference between open and closed. I'm likely one of the few that have had the Race Pipe and now the Valved Race Pipe. Again - please take my subjective review with a grain of salt. The Valved Race Pipe still sounds really good.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:43 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27

JCR...thoughts?
Certainly to our ears (and the dB meter) the Valved Race Pipe (valves open) and the regular Race Pipe sound the same. They're within 1dB.

Exhaust sound / volume etc is extremely subjective and we're working with ad2330 to ensure he's totally happy with the results.

Race Pipe:

View this post on Instagram

Valved Race Pipe:

Valved Race Pipe - Valves Open / Close

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 05-03-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Just for some context: My path has been OEM exhaust --> JCR Titanium Race Pipe --> JCR Titanium Valved Race Pipe

At idle - the valves open/closed is noticed. Also, physically you can see the valves working fine. Cold starts are still 'loud', but not in the same universe as the Race Pipe cold start. Only wake up 5 or 6 neighbors now, instead of the whole block.
At speed - valves open/closed is indistinguishable. Doesn't matter what RPM range, speed, etc. I cannot tell a difference, nor can my tech. The sound with valves open is probably 70% of the Race Pipe. Still sounds good, but definitely not the RSR replication that is the Race Pipe. Having said that, the drone is minimal in comparison to the Race Pipe. Very manageable in that respect, but again, same sound whether valves open or closed. It simply doesn't matter.

Overall, if the Race Pipe is too much, I'd go silenced Race Pipe all day long. Maybe go Silenced Race Pipe + Inconel headers? Might be the perfect match.

My personal problem is that I've experienced the Race Pipe under acceleration. There is nothing like it. It is absolutely without a doubt, the most insanely epic sound I've ever heard on a car. It's mental. Having that sound while maintaining civility is an oxymoron. I have to live with that.
how would you rate the cold start with valves open compared to cold start with race pipe?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:22 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

^^ while I can't speak to the comparison, I can tell you that no reasonable person would hear the cold start with the valved race pipe and say "wish it was a little louder". it's chaotic (in a good way).
Old 05-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brosef
^^ while I can't speak to the comparison, I can tell you that no reasonable person would hear the cold start with the valved race pipe and say "wish it was a little louder". it's chaotic (in a good way).
i like a little chaos xD i think if I can get 70% of the race pipe sound (subjective) and also be quiet when needed then this may be the right setup for me. Higher than what I wanted to spend but quality looks superb and I cannot help but grin every time I watch the videos.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:52 PM
ad2330
Racer

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
how would you rate the cold start with valves open compared to cold start with race pipe?
Both really loud.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:53 PM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Cold start on Brosef's car with the valved race pipe is indeed quite loud but it does quite down after 30 seconds. I heard it inside a shop with concrete floors and cinder block walls so that undoubtedly exacerbated the loudness.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 PM
horns
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 104 Posts

If your valved system is operating correctly and the sound you experienced is what you get with this system, will you go back to the race system, or is the drone and constant volume too much?
Old 05-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Hard to believe there's no distinguishable sound difference between valves open vs closed.

Curious to hear what other owners of this system think. Anyone out there?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:44 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Still looking for feedback from other owners regarding inability to distinguish between valves open and valves closed. More closed valve videos would be helpful if anyone has them.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

What is the production time currently for your valved race pipe and also your race headers?
Old 06-25-2019, 09:21 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
What is the production time currently for your valved race pipe and also your race headers?
Valved Race Pipe orders are shipping in 2/3 weeks and Race Manifold orders 3/4 weeks

We’re doing our upmost to catch up to a point where we have stock but the orders keep coming at a pace. Keeping our guys very busy that’s for sure!

JC

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)