Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 09:06 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Ha ha. Obviously staged but still funny. Still waiting for good videos....
Old 04-29-2019, 05:36 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

install complete along with SOUL valve controller.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:47 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Nice. Vids?
Old 04-30-2019, 09:29 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

I had to stop by the shop where Brosef is having the install done and the exhaust looks good. Looking forward to hearing it, and not just at idle with a few revs hopefully.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:37 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
install complete along with SOUL valve controller.
SOUL valve controller allows you to lock valves open or closed but doesn't allow you to run factory variable valve setting, correct?

Re: videos, I know system sounds glorious open. I'm mainly interested in more internal/external vids running with valves closed to get a sense of whether the system is livable on a daily basis.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:34 AM
Brosef
Racer

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Nice. Vids?
I still haven't heard it. I'll see if I can get the shop to post one as I don't know how to do so.

Originally Posted by krell
I had to stop by the shop where Brosef is having the install done and the exhaust looks good. Looking forward to hearing it, and not just at idle with a few revs hopefully.
you should have had them fire it up for you. will keep you posted on pickup - it's supposed to rain like crazy tonight, but I might try to get there. looks like a clear forecast for this weekend, so maybe we could meet up for a drive. would be good for you to post your impressions as an unbiased observer.

Originally Posted by Nizer
SOUL valve controller allows you to lock valves open or closed but doesn't allow you to run factory variable valve setting, correct?

Re: videos, I know system sounds glorious open. I'm mainly interested in more internal/external vids running with valves closed to get a sense of whether the system is livable on a daily basis.
correct on the SOUL controller - there's no third setting for just factory control, unfortunately. on the plus side, you can program your homelink buttons to operate the valve open/closed.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:39 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

I'm free to stop at the shop any day this week except Thursday. Might have out of town weekend plans Saturday but maybe we can make something work.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:31 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,390 Likes on 721 Posts

^Would love to hear it this weekend
Old 05-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Brosef
Racer

first drive with the new exhaust tonight. some initial impressions:

- at WOT and high RPM's, it's intense. I'm guessing you could hear it for miles. in a word, it's glorious
- the crisp cracking sound the exhaust makes on upshifts under throttle are significantly more pronounced. extremely addicting
- it's unquestionably louder than stock, but shockingly livable. I would say that highway drone is extremely tolerable (the stock exhaust has some drone to my ears, and this has only marginally more when accelerating). it's only there when you're accelerating and only ever so slight, and there's no drone when you're just maintaining speed.
- although there's almost no drone when cruising, when accelerating from a stop, there is still that little bit of boominess that reminds you that you have an aftermarket exhaust. not a good or bad thing, but it's there (like every other aftermarket exhaust setup I've ever had across all car platforms - of which I've had many)
- there's less of a difference between the valves being open and closed than I had anticipated. good news is that if you're delicate with the throttle, you can putter around quiet neighborhoods without wreaking havoc whether they're open or closed. and on the highway with the valves open, there's still no drone.

Last edited by Brosef; 05-02-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:22 AM
krell
Burning Brakes

I was there when Brosef picked up his car and he was kind enough to go for a drive on surface streets and a short run on the highway.

I'll echo all of his comments. The "spit" sound on upshifts is spectacular and the volume in the car isn't all that loud surprisingly. However, after he left I was at the shop that did the work speaking outside with the guy that did the install and we could hear the car revving several distinct times, and I suspect the car was a quarter mile away the first time, and maybe a half mile away the second time (as the crow flies). My buddy and I just looked at each other wide eyed and started laughing!!! So while it may be just fine inside the car, outside is a whole different story.

One of the big draws of any of JCR's race pipes is the RSR sound, but I don't think you get that until the car gets to higher engine loads. Start rolling into 5 or 6k RPM and it'll start to come out, but down low don't expect a lower note facsimile of the RSR.

The valving is VERY subtle on the road as Brosef indicated. I'm not sure it's worth the price over the silenced pipe, which is the version I'm considering. We had a somewhat difficult time discerning the two states but perhaps our unfamiliarity with the differences had something to do with that.

My thanks to JCR for developing this line of products for this platform, and to Brosef for graciously offering to meet up. We had a fun hour driving around!
Old 05-02-2019, 12:24 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,390 Likes on 721 Posts

^Finally pull the trigger on the Silenced Race Pipe.

Let me know when you get it so I can listen
Old 05-02-2019, 01:18 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
How long did it take you guys to get your exhausts after you paid?
I may have been the first silenced race pipe delivered. I suggested the idea to JCR and he complied with my request to make one. It might have taken a month or so from inquiry to delivery but that was only because it had to be designed and tested. Once it was completed, I had it in a day or two. I am totally satisfied with it and the fact it basically loses no HP and gains 10 plus on the top end only makes it better. The sound alone is worth it.
Old 05-02-2019, 01:41 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Brosef
first drive with the new exhaust tonight. some initial impressions:

- at WOT and high RPM's, it's intense. I'm guessing you could hear it for miles. in a word, it's glorious
- the crisp cracking sound the exhaust makes on upshifts under throttle are significantly more pronounced. extremely addicting
- it's unquestionably louder than stock, but shockingly livable. I would say that highway drone is extremely tolerable (the stock exhaust has some drone to my ears, and this has only marginally more when accelerating). it's only there when you're accelerating and only ever so slight, and there's no drone when you're just maintaining speed.
- although there's almost no drone when cruising, when accelerating from a stop, there is still that little bit of boominess that reminds you that you have an aftermarket exhaust. not a good or bad thing, but it's there (like every other aftermarket exhaust setup I've ever had across all car platforms - of which I've had many)
- there's less of a difference between the valves being open and closed than I had anticipated. good news is that if you're delicate with the throttle, you can putter around quiet neighborhoods without wreaking havoc whether they're open or closed. and on the highway with the valves open, there's still no drone.
Thanks for posting up your initial impressions...

Mine should arrive any day now.....super excited.
Not sure if I will hook up the valve controller (tied to garage door opener) or just the stock/OEM valve controller though.
I can go either way...
Old 05-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Brosef
Racer

Originally Posted by krell
I was there when Brosef picked up his car and he was kind enough to go for a drive on surface streets and a short run on the highway.

I'll echo all of his comments. The "spit" sound on upshifts is spectacular and the volume in the car isn't all that loud surprisingly. However, after he left I was at the shop that did the work speaking outside with the guy that did the install and we could hear the car revving several distinct times, and I suspect the car was a quarter mile away the first time, and maybe a half mile away the second time (as the crow flies). My buddy and I just looked at each other wide eyed and started laughing!!! So while it may be just fine inside the car, outside is a whole different story.

One of the big draws of any of JCR's race pipes is the RSR sound, but I don't think you get that until the car gets to higher engine loads. Start rolling into 5 or 6k RPM and it'll start to come out, but down low don't expect a lower note facsimile of the RSR.

The valving is VERY subtle on the road as Brosef indicated. I'm not sure it's worth the price over the silenced pipe, which is the version I'm considering. We had a somewhat difficult time discerning the two states but perhaps our unfamiliarity with the differences had something to do with that.

My thanks to JCR for developing this line of products for this platform, and to Brosef for graciously offering to meet up. We had a fun hour driving around!
it was fun meeting up and seeing my same spec re-incarnated as a GT3.

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Thanks for posting up your initial impressions...

Mine should arrive any day now.....super excited.
Not sure if I will hook up the valve controller (tied to garage door opener) or just the stock/OEM valve controller though.
I can go either way...
I would suggest waiting to see if you feel like you need the valve controller. My guess is that you'll find the transition point just faintly audible.

did you get the JCR tips? they look awesome in person and are totally worth the upgrade. They stick out past the bumper just enough that you can see them on the backup camera, which is kind of cool.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:41 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

My valveless race pipe arrives tomorrow. I'll be installing it next week and then write a review for everyone. As you all know I've been a huge fan of IPE exhausts, I'm excited to give JCR a try now. If weather permits, I'll have videos and a full written review for you guys by the end of next week. I'm hoping to get a dyno done sometime soon also.

Quick Reply: JCR // Titanium Valved Race Pipe (New Product & Intro Offer!)