Rennlist Member

Received 768 Likes on 452 Posts

Thank you A/S for your great insight.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:26 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas

Where are you getting the numbers for the different adjustments for the aero balance for both cars. I can’t seem to come up with the same numbers and want to see what I am missing
For the .1, you have 2 angles of the rear wing and the front fender inner grills (to trap debris to go through the vents and hit your windshield) on/off. 2 x 2 combinations = 4. The front fender inner grills block air flow, so when removed, more air can flow through the RS fender vents and some additional downforce is produced (releasing air pressure in the fender well).

For the .2, you have 4 angles of the rear wing, inner grills on/off, and lower flaps (similar to the ones removed in the Cayman GT4) on/off. 4 x 2 x 2 combinations = 16.

I set both of them to maximum downforce. My .1 RS is the first 400+ Hp car I have driven through Bishop's bend at Sebring at full gas from the exit of T13, my favorite turn there, and feels surreal, although a couple of people tell me to rent a seat in a SCCA D-Sport Racer or a Radical and run Road Atlanta to enjoy real downforce at work.

Manthey Racing has not published downforce numbers on the GT2 RS-MR, but I noticed they added a thick Gurney lip to the duck tail, the double canards, a new rear wing, and they mention some underneath aero modifications. Looks like they produce more grip from downforce on the MR GT2RS than the factory 991.2 GT3 RS. That MR should be everyone's favorite current Porsche.

Quick Reply: Real world differences between 3RS, 991.1 vs 991.2