Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tony's Signal Yellow GT3 Touring (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 06:45 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

that color is amazing!!! I wish I had the ***** to get one like it!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:57 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Would love seeing your Beauty in person, I’m sure the signal yellow is awesome!!!
Congrats and drive in good health!!!
JB
Old 02-18-2019, 07:16 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Huge congratulations Tony ! Happy for you. The GroerGreen that you traded is a special exmistress.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:35 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I love the color! Looks great! Enjoy in good health.
It’s missing a wing though....
Old 02-18-2019, 07:54 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 531 Posts

congrats looks awesome
but you are killing me, signal yellow is my favorite color and it was top 2 when I ordered .2 RS , second choice was maritime blue
but as we all know my dreams went down the drain
Old 02-18-2019, 07:59 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

congrats, great color choice
Old 02-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

I'm also curious why you went from a winged GT3 to a Touring? unless it was for a manual, as both colors are extreme (but fun).
Old 02-18-2019, 08:11 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

Lovely. The GT3T is superb. Will I ever see it (or you) at AMP?
Old 02-18-2019, 08:18 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

And i had a chance 6 months a go to trade my Black .2 GT3 for a Brand new .2 GT3 in Signal Yellow and I balked because I just did not want to go thru again the tint, PPF, Coating, ect ect.

Shame on me now
Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Wow! Stunning.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

BIG Congrats again T! Can’t wait to see it in person!
Old 02-18-2019, 08:46 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Congratulations!! Looks great. The deep hue looks fantastic. Look forward to seeing you and the car soon.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:48 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Huge congrats, love it. Spec is awesome and you must be thrilled. Otherwise what's the point! Don't worry about the $ just drive and enjoy in good health
I started to consider the money differential and then I was reminded of the slate grey 964 I missed out on BAT for $1500. Day after the auction, I got my year end distribution check--which was completely out of the blue and basically "found money" -- and I still regret being such a cheapskate. Decided I keep losing money by buying cars that are a slight compromise to my tastes so why not just get exactly what I want and keep it for longer than six months.

Originally Posted by odwa
Congratulations!
Originally Posted by jkfuel
That looks fantastic!!
Originally Posted by Akunob
Looks lovely, congrats!
Originally Posted by masti99
Congrats, enjoy in good health!
Originally Posted by <3mph
Great car! Congrats!!
Originally Posted by tasman
Congrats. She's a beauty for sure
Originally Posted by porschemeister
congrats, great color choice
Originally Posted by docjohnM
that color is amazing!!! I wish I had the ***** to get one like it!
Thank you guys so much! Really appreciate it

Originally Posted by John Belk
Would love seeing your Beauty in person, I’m sure the signal yellow is awesome!!!
Congrats and drive in good health!!!
JB
Hope to have it on a lot of the Smokies events moving forward. Maybe you can make it out to one of those.

Originally Posted by Haku
Huge congratulations Tony ! Happy for you. The GroerGreen that you traded is a special exmistress.
Thank you my friend! <3 ... She really is. I hope they get re-united soon.

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Thank you Ky... it IS missing that!

Originally Posted by pitt911
congrats looks awesome
but you are killing me, signal yellow is my favorite color and it was top 2 when I ordered .2 RS , second choice was maritime blue
but as we all know my dreams went down the drain
Love Maritime Blue also. My search started with rare blues since I didn't think a SY car with black trim existed. Almost pulled the trigger on Wolfmobil's Riviera Blue touring before this kind of fell into my lap.

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
Two thumbs up for sure! Signal yellow is an awesome color. Why did you decide to make the change from the winged GT3 to the Touring? Did you go PDK to MT or was it something else? Love the PTS AC vent slats and the houndstooth seat inserts! And lucky you can get way with keeping your antenna wart black as it goes with the overall black/yellow theme, unlike many of us other PTSers who need to get the wart painted PTS to keep the look uniform.
Yeah, I don't actually hate the wart given the rest of the black accents. I'm not a good photographer, but I enjoy messing around and there are just certain angles with the winged version that I just didn't like. Not sure if it was the black black on the ends of the wing or just how it disrupts the lines, but after scrolling through the entire touring pictures thread, I decided I had to have a touring. My Gelbgrun GT3 was also a 6 speed and I've turned down multiple RS's at MSRP so PDK was never an option for me. My track days are largely behind me besides the occasional have at it with some buddies at 6/10ths. I live near the Blue Ridge mountains and thought this might be a good compromise that I could trick my wife into thinking it would be a cozy ride.

Originally Posted by Drifting
I'm also curious why you went from a winged GT3 to a Touring? unless it was for a manual, as both colors are extreme (but nice).
Some of the explanation above. I'm glad you asked me. I made a post in your for sale thread that I ended up editing since I thought it was poor taste on my part... not sure if you got a notification email of my reply before I deleted it. I replied to some comments about people who order the touring in bright colors are completely missing the point of the car and that it's supposed to be completely under the radar. I personally don't buy that and thought those commentd were pretty off-base.
1) I think the houndstooth seats are unbelievably awesome... even though you can get inserts done for the winged version, I just don't think it fits the car.
2) Many of the old cars had bright colors... my thing is I wanted Signal Yellow and have always appreciated it on old builds (that stuggart classica backdate on IG has had me drooling since he started it). As much as I like a lot of the silver trim builds (especially the dark blues), I've just never been a silver trim guy. I used to wrap trim on my old cars when I was poor and always ordered black optics on my Audis when I was a little less poor. I'm not trying to recreate a classic era car here and I don't think Porsche is either. It's a new car with some old soul and I think that's a bit like me. Young, somewhat wild dude who is a homebody, old soul and a bit of a grump too. LOL
3) See my comment about the wing. It made certain angles of the car completely undesirable to me. I guess it didn't bother me on my RS because that car was already so ostentatious, but started to gnaw at me a bit on the 991.2
Old 02-18-2019, 08:58 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Lovely. The GT3T is superb. Will I ever see it (or you) at AMP?
Yes, hopefully once or twice a year! Won't be going very hard, but I do enjoy getting out there on a beautiful day.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
And i had a chance 6 months a go to trade my Black .2 GT3 for a Brand new .2 GT3 in Signal Yellow and I balked because I just did not want to go thru again the tint, PPF, Coating, ect ect.Shame on me now
I know the feeling have to re-do all that stuff, but man... my stomach hurts a bit for you bud!

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Wow! Stunning.
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
BIG Congrats again T! Can’t wait to see it in person!
Can't wait to see you again bro... will you be down Thursday night at PEC for day 1 of spring smokies?

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Congratulations!! Looks great. The deep hue looks fantastic. Look forward to seeing you and the car soon.
Thank you Andy! That's what blew me away in person... the depth of the color and how much it changes with lighting. So hard to capture in pictures. Hope to see you at PEC for day 1 Smokies!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:01 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Originally Posted by Drifting
I'm also curious why you went from a winged GT3 to a Touring? unless it was for a manual, as both colors are extreme (but fun).
Wish you the best OP, but I also would've kept your PTS real GT3 with full aero.

Quick Reply: Tony's Signal Yellow GT3 Touring (pics)