Sponsored by:

Single/double "chirp" sound when locking doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:45 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Single/double "chirp" sound when locking doors

So this is likely a dumb question, but I couldn't find anything in the manual (I admit I didn't look TOO carefully).

When I use the keyfob to lock the car, sometimes I heard a single chirp, and sometimes I hear a double chirp. I don't know what either means or how it happens.

Search brings up this thread but I do not have the Porsche Entry & Drive option. I also lock the car at pretty much the same time so I don't think it has anything to do with waiting a while vs. not.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1118...unlocking.html

Any ideas? I posted in the GT forum since I'm not sure if other Porsches/911s have similar setups.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by shamoo
So this is likely a dumb question, but I couldn't find anything in the manual (I admit I didn't look TOO carefully).

When I use the keyfob to lock the car, sometimes I heard a single chirp, and sometimes I hear a double chirp. I don't know what either means or how it happens.

Search brings up this thread but I do not have the Porsche Entry & Drive option. I also lock the car at pretty much the same time so I don't think it has anything to do with waiting a while vs. not.

Any ideas? I posted in the GT forum since I'm not sure if other Porsches/911s have similar setups.
Just have them program out the Chirps and you have nothing to worry about- that is what i did
Old 02-18-2019, 05:13 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know either and I should know by now. That said, I presume aka I am guessing this fully activates the alarm. I always make sure I hear two chirps before leaving the car unattended. It sometimes takes more than two clicks of the fob to get two chirps.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:38 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

1 press/chirp alarms the entire car.
2 presses/chirps just alarms for exterior medling...

​​​​​​http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...-system-on-off

I occasionally hear 2 chirps when I thought I'd pressed just once too.

Old 02-18-2019, 05:38 PM
shamoo
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Just have them program out the Chirps and you have nothing to worry about- that is what i did
Haha, I would still like to know the difference between 1 and 2 chirps.

Originally Posted by 911dev
I don't know either and I should know by now. That said, I presume aka I am guessing this fully activates the alarm. I always make sure I hear two chirps before leaving the car unattended. It sometimes takes more than two clicks of the fob to get two chirps.
It doesn't matter how many times I click the keyfob.

If I hear 1 chirp, I can click the keyfob repeatedly afterwards and I will continue to only hear 1 chirp.
If I hear 2 chirps, I can click the keyfob repeatedly afterwards and I will continue to only hear 1 chirp.

Weird.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Haha, I would still like to know the difference between 1 and 2 chirps.

It doesn't matter how many times I click the keyfob.

If I hear 1 chirp, I can click the keyfob repeatedly afterwards and I will continue to only hear 1 chirp.
If I hear 2 chirps, I can click the keyfob repeatedly afterwards and I will continue to only hear 1 chirp.

Weird.
I sometimes have had to hit the fob three or four times to get a double chirp. I have also had to unlock the car and repeat locking to chirp twice. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:40 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I have same thing.
All my cars in the past have double chirped when locking with key fob.
However, my manual GT3 (and previous manual GTS) will sometimes do double or sometimes do single. Not sure why.
My new PDK RS always does double.
I read the alarm thing in the manual, but it is not consistent.

Quick Reply: Single/double "chirp" sound when locking doors