https://youtu.be/veYaikxJpkg
Mag wheels look so good!
Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
You write this and then this...

That being said the reason I mention I wouldn't pay 100k over for a 2RS is the same reason I wouldn't pay over for a 488. I don't think that's the market or necessary. I don't like giving dealers extra money unless necessary. At the time of my GT3 purchase, ADM was just about necessary for someone in my shoes. At the time of my 488 purchase, no reason on earth why I would pay over. At this moment, I wouldn't pay 100k over for the 2RS. Value/depreciation concern post purchase/speculation IMO is different than entry price that is not aligned with what the market truly is

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People on rennlist are all worked up about ADM's on cars and calling it dealer games. I don't see it the same way. Asking for market value on a car (dealer/resale perception) isn't a game at all. It's straight up and above board to what it costs for you to get in.

Buying a car that you don't necessarily want to get another car that you do want and paying for it at MSRP, isn't MSRP at all. (that is a dealer game).
I am so lost right now but honestly bro, no worries. We just may agree to disagree and that is totally ok. I wish you very well in all your pursuits
Old 02-18-2019, 08:57 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

Mag wheels look so good!
Agree. I want mags for my 3RS!
Old 02-18-2019, 09:07 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
I bought a GT2RS for myself. Paid over MSRP for it. Love the car

When we going to meet up at Thermal?

Don't cheat and tune the car in the mean time -
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Ferrari is much better than Porsche GT cars in that they have to sell you a new car at MSRP. The point system you describe (if followed by all dealerships?) sounds relatively fair for their LE cars.

However, there are still plenty of hassles getting a new Ferrari, even one that's not LE.

I was very interested in a new 458 spider several years ago, and approached my local Ferrari dealership when the 458 spider was announced and I was told no way in hell could I order a new one, but if I wanted to buy one of their overpriced used Ferraris in the showroom, they would "think about maybe finding me an allocation in 1-2 years". Same story when I stopped by again two years later.

Only when I went by a final time, more than 3 years after the spider release, and when Ferrari was less than a year away from announcing the 488, was I finally given the chance to spend 300K on a 458 Spider, but by now I had been thoroughly enjoying my 150K 991.1 GT3 on the track and weekend trips and didn't feel the need to spend the extra money, and I was annoyed at the hassle of getting even a regular (non-limited) edition ferrari anytime before the last year of the cars production, (unless you had been buying Ferraris for years as part of the old guard).

In the US, where hefty ADM happens at 90% of dealerships for Porsche GT cars, few people get MSRP on Porsche GT as you only get MSRP from those few Porsche dealerships if you've spend lots of money over the years, and even those dealership numbers # are greatly limited these days, and to be able to buy a new Ferrari even a non-limited edition, you've got to overpay for used ferrari showroom cars, or buy a new Ferrari in the last year of production during which you'll lose a lot of value.

Either way, it seems both Ferrari and Porsche dealerships will stick it to you, other than a few remaining honorable dealers like CJ in Fresno.
Here's the thing though....Ferrari and Porsche will keep building more and more GT cars with each generation. Look at the numbers they built 991.2 vs 991.1. vs 997.2. I'll bet you all the money that I have that Porsche will delivery more 992.1 GT3s and RSs then the 991.2 versions. These are for-profit corporations that need to look after their shareholders, not their fanboys. The motto of "build baby build" will continue.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Keep me posted....I'd love to go to Thermal.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:19 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ezinternet
Clicked LIKE on this ^^^^
Old 02-19-2019, 07:05 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Here's the thing though....Ferrari and Porsche will keep building more and more GT cars with each generation. Look at the numbers they built 991.2 vs 991.1. vs 997.2. I'll bet you all the money that I have that Porsche will delivery more 992.1 GT3s and RSs then the 991.2 versions. These are for-profit corporations that need to look after their shareholders, not their fanboys. The motto of "build baby build" will continue.
I agree and hope this continues. I do think and hopefully the flippers got the message. Maybe for the 992 GT3 they will be more readily available at MSRP as the flippers know they didn’t make much or even lost in this last go around. They we can actually spec cars for the ones that will actually drive them and keep them for more than “delivery”miles.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

^ The problem is all these Speculators, and some people on this forum, are all trying to catch the last NA iteration.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:49 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

I bought a GT2RS for myself. Paid over MSRP for it. Love the car

Very nice, Ryan - so what's the verdict? GT3 RS or GT2 RS?

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ The problem is all these Speculators, and some people on this forum, are all trying to catch the last NA iteration.
except the turbo'd 2RS has commanded the highest ADM's by far, so...
Old 02-19-2019, 11:03 AM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm supposed to going to Thermal once or twice the next month. I took my 3RS a few months ago. I want to take the 2RS this time or maybe both if I can

Old 02-19-2019, 11:57 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06
Just one dealership in Toronto had, 7 or more GT2"s.. when ordering my 3.RS. there were 4 GT2's there, .... that's a lot.. Porsche paid attention to the demand. Not even close to production vs.buyers anymore.

My 09. 997 GT2, 9 in Canada, thats 2 years of production. 30 in North America ..those days are gone, taking advantage of flipping and resale.
And the Canadian Dealers are all trying to double their money.. The asking on Autotrader for GT2RS in Canada is around +$600k CAD.. LoL.. fck them.. They've completely turned me away from wanting a GT2/3/4.... I have one porsche GT car in my sights and after that, it will be mclaren for me. I will never beg any company to take my $..
Old 02-19-2019, 12:23 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts
Talking

I'm supposed to going to Thermal once or twice the next month. I took my 3RS a few months ago. I want to take the 2RS this time or maybe both if I can

https://youtu.be/Gj4rcF-3MEg
Yeah, I know. You just don't know me by my username on rennlist.

You invited me late last time you were out there.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:25 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
However, there are still plenty of hassles getting a new Ferrari, even one that's not LE.

I was very interested in a new 458 spider several years ago, and approached my local Ferrari dealership when the 458 spider was announced and I was told no way in hell could I order a new one, but if I wanted to buy one of their overpriced used Ferraris in the showroom, they would "think about maybe finding me an allocation in 1-2 years". Same story when I stopped by again two years later.
That sounds too familiar. A little under 4 years ago I talked to the manager of the local Ferrari dealership about getting a regular 488, and he said he wasn't even going to put me on a list because there was zero way I was going to get to buy one since I never had a Ferrari before. He said he'd sell me a used 458, or a new California, and I had no interest in those cars, and even less interest in their snooty attitude and games, so I went and bought a Huracan instead. Much better buying experience, dealership was awesome, Lambo owners are awesome and friendly, just a great experience all around compare to what I've experienced with Ferrari.

My experience with Porsche GT cars has also been very straightforward. I bought a new GTS, got offered a GT3 a couple of months after, and a couple of months after getting my GT3 I was offered a GT3 RS. I bought all at MSRP. I've been offered multiple GT2 RS as well but with an ADM (I could probably have gotten them under $50k), but I just refuse to pay any ADM at all so I turned them down. Wouldn't surprise me now that I just picked up my GT3 RS if a GT2 RS at MSRP falls in my lap as well.

Quick Reply: New GT2 RS ADM