991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT2 RS ADM

Old 02-17-2019, 11:17 PM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Driving GT cars is so much better than these pointless discussions of future values.

Just turned 28k miles in my 15 991TTS. It just keep getting better...
Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
Driving GT cars is so much better than these pointless discussions of future values.

Just turned 28k miles in my 15 991TTS. It just keep getting better...
+1 Drive the cars, don't let them sit and collect dust. If you don't drive them, sell them.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:20 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

I know of one for $30K over right now - it will move so PM if you are interested. A broker texted me Friday about it and glad to pass his info along.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:31 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
They have a GT2 Touring model (ref thread title)?

Touring owners seem to take the opportunity to bring up the touring option...
Old 02-17-2019, 11:42 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Touring owners seem to take the opportunity to bring up the touring option...
I am here shopping for a 2RS to dewing and manual swap.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:37 AM
silvertige
Pro

Received 195 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
IMO $30-40k is quite the fall off in a relatively short period of time from 150k, that is one downward trend

This is a dealer purchase of a car... so maybe add 30-50k ask over that. That would be a 60-100k adm? Anyways, probably shouldn't have commented as I'm not a buyer, even at MSRP, lol.

Old 02-18-2019, 10:11 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
I know of one for $30K over right now - it will move so PM if you are interested. A broker texted me Friday about it and glad to pass his info along.
That, I don't understand. Deep discount and a broker in the mix, who also wants to make money? How much is the actual seller gonna get, $15k? So you need a broker to sell a gt2rs at 15k over? Beats me.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:25 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Hate to break the add news but the longer they hold the cars the lower that the prices will go as the car won't be the brand new shiny toy. They may not want to realize their loss so best that they go out and enjoy the car, I sure hope their cars aren't collecting dust in their garage because they think the values will somehow go up in the future.
They are knowledgeable buyers. A set amount to pay each month in lease payments (Say $20K/month). Rotate in and out of cars.

Not drivers of cars (less then 1,000 miles before rotating into a different car, eat into equity (as long as they don't have to write a check when car is sold then they are fine).

When one also plays on the ferrari/lambo/mclaren side of things then they know all about losses. It doesn't bother people so much. Porsche side of things because of ADM; there is no such thing as buy one car to get another. People don't mind losing money on cars to set it up to get another. ADM on lambo/mclaren/ferrari side of things exist but it is just done in a different way.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Wait - did you just say knowledgeable buyer and lease in the same sentence?? LOL
Old 02-18-2019, 01:43 PM
JC Lacayo
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Old 02-18-2019, 01:50 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Wait - did you just say knowledgeable buyer and lease in the same sentence?? LOL
Yeap; I did. Leasing is very common by my parts (sales tax issue for cars that aren't going to be held onto for 5 years).

No sales tax credit on trade, dealers and many people not wanting to do the montana thing.

Easier to get cars when you do lease through dealer (they like the extra money they get... an ADM of sorts).
Old 02-18-2019, 03:37 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by silvertige
This is a dealer purchase of a car... so maybe add 30-50k ask over that. That would be a 60-100k adm? Anyways, probably shouldn't have commented as I'm not a buyer, even at MSRP, lol.
I should have clarified that purportedly 2RS has moved at under 50k ADMs at least for a handful of people recently. That is quite a fall off from the "launch ADMs" of 100-150k under the guise of "limited production" and whatever other dealer BS they were trying to spew at the time trying to make a quick profit rather than foster a good business relationship

Originally Posted by razwan1
Tried getting one a while ago and got so tired of the dealer bs I began to dislike the brand. Dealing with Ferrari night and day better at every level.

By summer these will be nearing msrp new. Used def msrp.
Can only speak to my experience but this rang true for me. I'm 99.99999% sure it's a function of me wanting an allocation of an out-going model that is due to be replaced/facelifted any minute now, but my limited experience with Ferrari so far has been head and shoulders above what I experienced with Porsche dealers almost across the board. Just hope/pray that it continues to be that way. Not aiming for any of the LE Ferraris anyway
Old 02-18-2019, 04:24 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I should have clarified that purportedly 2RS has moved at under 50k ADMs at least for a handful of people recently. That is quite a fall off from the "launch ADMs" of 100-150k under the guise of "limited production" and whatever other dealer BS they were trying to spew at the time trying to make a quick profit rather than foster a good business relationship

Can only speak to my experience but this rang true for me. I'm 99.99999% sure it's a function of me wanting an allocation of an out-going model that is due to be replaced/facelifted any minute now, but my limited experience with Ferrari so far has been head and shoulders above what I experienced with Porsche dealers almost across the board. Just hope/pray that it continues to be that way. Not aiming for any of the LE Ferraris anyway
Seems like you are letting ego get in the way You're paying at least a $75K ADM on a new 488 without knowing it yet. Buying a brand new 488 at this stage won't get you much if any currency with Ferrari dealer for future purposes.

Just for me; $50K adm on a gt2rs is better then hidden 75K adm on a 488... If you tried to negotiate with a Ferrari dealer on a brand new 488 allocation then I'm pretty sure you'd never receive a call back.

I hope you are buying the 488 over a gt2rs for other reasons which I'm sure you are.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
Yeap.

Have two friends. One paid $100K over and other paid $125K over.

They are selling cars to make way for new ones (gone are 488 and 720s). They elected to keep GT2rs because those are the ones they would have taken the most losses.
They still have losses. Just not realized yet. Except unlike the stock market with some stock I see their losses growing on the 2RS.
ADMs normally don't increase with continued and increased production but hey, what do I know?
Old 02-18-2019, 05:25 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by yesyoucan
Seems like you are letting ego get in the way You're paying at least a $75K ADM on a new 488 without knowing it yet. Buying a brand new 488 at this stage won't get you much if any currency with Ferrari dealer for future purposes.

Just for me; $50K adm on a gt2rs is better then hidden 75K adm on a 488... If you tried to negotiate with a Ferrari dealer on a brand new 488 allocation then I'm pretty sure you'd never receive a call back.

I hope you are buying the 488 over a gt2rs for other reasons which I'm sure you are.
lol that made me laugh

I could not give a **** about future purchases with Ferrari. I only care about the here and now for the most part as there is no guarantee I am breathing tomorrow. I spend my hard earned money on whatever catches my fancy and if I take a bath on it thankfully I'm in a position to afford to lose 75k overnight and not worry too much about it as much as I prefer not to do that. I would call myself quite the fool if I even expect to even break even on anything with 4 wheels, I expect a loss as my own financial advisors will tell me there are much better places to park money as we all know. I digress, but I look at it as I am spending at least 75k to get the first mid engine V8 turbo since the F40 with styling language/design that I absolutely adore and I am just as happy as a pig in ****, even as the 488 facelift is coming today or tomorrow or whenever

That being said, I do remember and make notes of my buying/purchasing experience and carry that with me as I shop around for other cars and perhaps other marques. But it is a fool's game to try and pursue a relationship with any dealership with your own hard earned money, even if I wanted to pursue LE models whether Porsche or Ferrari for financial gain, I know for a fact I will do better in real estate or the market and stress quite a bit less at a macro level

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT2 RS ADM