Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

New GT2 RS ADM

 
Old 02-17-2019, 04:02 PM
  #31  
Bobby 911
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 639
Default

Originally Posted by silvertige View Post
Very interesting. Lots of dreamers per usual. In reality, the market is the market and if what your saying is true then ADM is still quite high.
I agree with you, some real dreamers here... but not the ones you think.
Bobby 911 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 05:18 PM
  #32  
DealMarker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 30
Default

Originally Posted by rmag View Post
Nah, both dealers already had buyers lined up. They probably retailed it out 10-15k over what they paid me.
Then why didn't the buyers buy directly from you at a lower price?
DealMarker is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 05:54 PM
  #33  
dingding
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by DealMarker View Post
Then why didn't the buyers buy directly from you at a lower price?
because the buyer only willing to pay under MSRP or MSRP to him.

Wait, but the buyer willing to pay 50-60kmore to the dealer?
dingding is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 05:55 PM
  #34  
mchrono
User
 
mchrono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 267
Default

Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
Absolutely, PAG seemingly made a ton of .2 GT product. Every single Porsche dealership I've swung by seems to have 5-10 around......
Brilliant move on Porsche's part. They aren't the world most profitable car company by accident!

Dealers aren't hurting either. Only when they start to get tired of floorplanning the excess .2's will they start to relent.


mchrono is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 05:57 PM
  #35  
DealMarker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 30
Default

Originally Posted by mchrono View Post
Brilliant move on Porsche's part. They aren't the world most profitable car company by accident!

Dealers aren't hurting either. Only when they start to get tired of floorplanning the excess .2's will they start to relent.
Dealers have always been the bottleneck. Funny how they are sitting on a ton of GT2RSs now because they wanted to spec cars and play flipper. I'm sure they can sell them around MSRP and still make money but the dollar signs got in the way of taking care of their good customers.
DealMarker is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 05:59 PM
  #36  
DealMarker
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 30
Default

Originally Posted by dingding View Post

because the buyer only willing to pay under MSRP or MSRP to him.

Wait, but the buyer willing to pay 50-60kmore to the dealer?
Yeah how does that work....dealers have magical buyers who overpay for cars when they can get them much cheaper from a private seller?
DealMarker is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 07:23 PM
  #37  
rick brooklyn
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,330
Default

All y'all ' who are saying under msrp by the summer are mistaken IMHO. people are offering three year old GT4s with miles above MSRP here on rennlist, and obviously the GT4 doesn't hold a candle to a gt2rs. I don't think a gt2rs with few miles will trade below msrp for a very long time if ever.
rick brooklyn is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 07:59 PM
  #38  
rmag
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,370
Default

Originally Posted by DealMarker View Post
Then why didn't the buyers buy directly from you at a lower price?
Originally Posted by DealMarker View Post
Yeah how does that work....dealers have magical buyers who overpay for cars when they can get them much cheaper from a private seller?
Just gave my real world example. Can't answer your questions because I have no idea.

rmag is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:05 PM
  #39  
GiuseppeM
User
 
GiuseppeM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,197
Default

GT2RS under MSRP is a big LOL, the people that paid $100k to $150k over are not gonna take that kind of loss and they’d rather keep the car in the garage. Same with dealers. ‘16 GT3RS have been solid until now.
GiuseppeM is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:33 PM
  #40  
razwan1
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 9
Default

Tried getting one a while ago and got so tired of the dealer bs I began to dislike the brand. Dealing with Ferrari night and day better at every level.

By summer these will be nearing msrp new. Used def msrp.
razwan1 is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 08:52 PM
  #41  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,151
Default

Lowest ADM on nationalpreownedporsche.com is $60k. I like the Brewster one north Scottsdale has, but that’s $100k over asking. Oh, and the first PTS Touring I have seen listed on nationalpreownedPorsche at $30k over. Of course, it has no actual picture so we don’t know what color it is. Gold Coast Porsche in New York. Edit: I am a super stalker, it appears to be the geyser grey metallic from Porsche Roslyn that is now for sale. Checked the carfax and options against the registry.

Last edited by evilfij; 02-17-2019 at 11:18 PM.
evilfij is online now  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:39 PM
  #42  
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ExMB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,658
Default

Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
Lowest ADM on nationalpreownedporsche.com is $60k. I like the Brewster one north Scottsdale has, but that’s $100k over asking. Oh, and the first PTS Touring I have seen listed on nationalpreownedPorsche at $30k over. Of course, it has no actual picture so we don’t know what color it is. Gold Coast Porsche in New York.
They have a GT2 Touring model (ref thread title)?




ExMB is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 09:40 PM
  #43  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,151
Default

Originally Posted by ExMB View Post
They have a GT2 Touring model (ref thread title)?



A passing aside after the main point. . If dealers are asking $60k over for under 1000 miles GT2RS, well ....
evilfij is online now  
Old 02-17-2019, 10:36 PM
  #44  
yesyoucan
User
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM View Post
GT2RS under MSRP is a big LOL, the people that paid $100k to $150k over are not gonna take that kind of loss and they’d rather keep the car in the garage. Same with dealers. ‘16 GT3RS have been solid until now.
Yeap.

Have two friends. One paid $100K over and other paid $125K over.

They are selling cars to make way for new ones (gone are 488 and 720s). They elected to keep GT2rs because those are the ones they would have taken the most losses.
yesyoucan is offline  
Old 02-17-2019, 11:10 PM
  #45  
usctrojanGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
usctrojanGT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 10,060
Default

Originally Posted by yesyoucan View Post
Yeap.

Have two friends. One paid $100K over and other paid $125K over.

They are selling cars to make way for new ones (gone are 488 and 720s). They elected to keep GT2rs because those are the ones they would have taken the most losses.
Hate to break the add news but the longer they hold the cars the lower that the prices will go as the car won't be the brand new shiny toy. They may not want to realize their loss so best that they go out and enjoy the car, I sure hope their cars aren't collecting dust in their garage because they think the values will somehow go up in the future.
usctrojanGT3 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: