Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flipping my delivery mile unloved '18 991.2 GT3 PDK

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

well of course a silver horse for you !!! congrats on working the dream to reality , no need for spurs for that stallion hot car !
Old 04-12-2019, 09:17 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sam, It is a beauty. Did you go with heated sofa?
Old 04-12-2019, 09:22 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by smbryan
Beautiful color combo. after driving one opted not to buy. Had a headache after 15mins from the loud noise in the cabin and its a rough ride as well. Stunning however
Thanks! I love it, got the race seats too. Fingers crossed hope to enjoy many miles with this car

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Congrats Sam! You will love it. It’s a fantastic car. I’ll be giving mine back soon to make room for the Pista.
Thanks bro. I am beyond thrilled with how my spec turned out, now I'm just waiting to see her in person. Nervous like a first date lol. Can't wait to see your Pista

Originally Posted by reuben991
Sammy, when will I see this at Moe's?
Good question, maybe mid to late June?

Originally Posted by 2006m5
Good luck with the pony...I mean stallion...lol
i hope u made the right decision.
lol I'm beyond thrilled and so far so good, fingers crossed the experience continues to be great. Not even the slightest tinge of regret or second guessing so far

Originally Posted by Psup4s
Congrats she's a beauty. I test drove a 488, although a great car it made me run and buy a .2 3RS.
I was the opposite Went .2 3RS allocation hunting for a couple weeks before thinking to myself do I even really want this car, or am I just trying to scratch some itch when I already have my GT3. Looked at 2RS for a fleeting moment, then decided you know what I'm craving Italian. Already daily a 991 so I wanted some variety and more of a sense of occasion. Love the styling and the engine particularly, I'm freaking pumped

Different strokes for different folks no shame in that. .2 3RS hell of a car

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
well of course a silver horse for you !!! congrats on working the dream to reality , no need for spurs for that stallion hot car !
thanks bro! dream come true and glad to share with you guys. always fun hanging around these parts
Old 04-12-2019, 09:23 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by pdxjim
Sam, It is a beauty. Did you go with heated sofa?
goldrakes in cuoio
Old 04-13-2019, 12:09 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Grigio Silverstone and Cuoio, very tasteful and the body lines really lend themselves to that color.
Big envy!
I recognize the standard Ferrari photo angle upon exit manufacturing!

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
just bumping this one last time, wanted to give you fellas a sneak peak

ill try to do a thread/write up on the switch after the car arrives God willing. To say I am excited doesn't quite do it justice...

The following users liked this post:
twospyders (07-11-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 12:30 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good Sam!! Hopefully I'll be seeing the car in Honolulu sometime next year................
Old 04-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Looking good Sam!! Hopefully I'll be seeing the car in Honolulu sometime next year................
Is Sam taking delivery in Hawai'i ?
Old 04-13-2019, 09:07 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

So what was the msrp, additional was $15k adm, 6500 miles, so what did it sell for?
Old 04-13-2019, 10:19 PM
ramt
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

UOTE=sampelligrino;15769063]just bumping this one last time, wanted to give you fellas a sneak peak

ill try to do a thread/write up on the switch after the car arrives God willing. To say I am excited doesn't quite do it justice...

[/QUOTE]👍👍👍
Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Grigio Silverstone and Cuoio, very tasteful and the body lines really lend themselves to that color.
Big envy!
I recognize the standard Ferrari photo angle upon exit manufacturing!
You are almost completely spot on, but exterior is grigio titanio not silverstone! And yep all the pics come from the same angle for every customer from what I understand, the final picture you get is the first one where you see your car with all the options/spec you chose which is really cool

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Is Sam taking delivery in Hawai'i ?
haha no, long story short was flirting with the idea of moving back home to HI later this year and taking the car there, but I will "stick it out" in CA for at least another year. What better way than with a 488

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
thanks brudda, we shall see!

Originally Posted by ramt
👍👍👍
Old 04-13-2019, 10:44 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT3
So what was the msrp, additional was $15k adm, 6500 miles, so what did it sell for?
out of respect for the new owner don't know if he wants that info disclosed or even cares, but feel free to PM me happy to share. again I took a loss on the car but didn't really care/didn't want to focus on that, expected it akin to any other car and just happy I was able to really enjoy it over the year or so

Last edited by sampelligrino; 04-14-2019 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:31 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Congrats Sam. Enjoy your new 488!

On a side note, how are you enjoying the 50th you just purchased?
Old 04-14-2019, 03:16 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

thanks dude! I put 200 miles on the car over the first two days last week. Since then it's actually been with Moe for a full detail and window tint so not a lot of seat time, but loving it as expected

You have to give it to Porsche, jumping from a .2 C4, to a .2 GT3, to a .1 50th all feels similar but with appreciable nuances. 991 fits me like a glove, know everything by now. Engine sound is great as expected, but the engine feels down on power compared to the 3.0 in the 991.2 C4 until a tradeoff when you are >5K RPM. That 3.0 really is a special motor IMO, it shoves and takes off from a dig very forcefully whereas the NA engines are more gradual (GT3 4.0 is almost "turbo like" with the low down power). Just the turbo whistle with windows open not great. What's funny is I experience "lag" in the 50th if I don't immediately downshift, where I am waiting for more meat from the power band as RPMs climb. In the C4 (AWD probably helps a bit), when you depress throttle you just about immediately feel pressed into your seat and warp speed come on from the turbos (typical low down torque). I'm realizing that in street applications I like turbo cars just as much as NA

The little unique bits on the 50th also really give it a special feeling/some charm, which you get loads of in the older 911s but not so much in the newer ones. Like the peptia, fuchs, green accents on the dials, chrome touches on exterior. I find myself enjoying that kind of stuff to make the car feel a bit special, and think PAG really executed the 50th spot on vs some of the other anniversary editions of other 911 generations
Old 07-10-2019, 11:01 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Time for the conclusion of this thread fellas, the rest will get too OT and for this car I'll be on Ferrari Chat

Flew up to SF yesterday for a half day to view the car for the first time with my old man, she's arrived

Won't be able to drive the car for 2-3 weeks while it awaits the force field PPF stuff, but so far I am like a pig in **** everything turned out incredible. Swung for the fences and fingers crossed feels like a home run, I expect this car to be temperamental but I will chalk it up to part of the fun and God willing no major issues. Haven't thought about the GT3 once since, goal is to now bring on the depreciation via mileage

Old 07-10-2019, 11:08 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Congrats Sam so happy for you my friend. Please enjoy with good health....who knows, any itch for gt2rs in the near future ?
Jack

Quick Reply: Flipping my delivery mile unloved '18 991.2 GT3 PDK