Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

McLaren 570 or 600lt!!!
Old 02-13-2019, 07:26 PM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
McLaren 570 or 600lt!!!
Driven both in anger. Neither. 600 is a LOT better than 570. Would never consider a 570. Neither give the same feedback of the Porsche but I can understand some seeing the appearance as being more appealing and making the change. I would take the gt3.2 even though it is less powerful than 600.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:42 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,901 Likes on 4,823 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
McLaren 570 or 600lt!!!
I got to test drive a 600LT for an afternoon recently, and honestly for about the same money I'd rather have a used 720S. The 600LT is a great car, no doubt, but there's nothing about it that really moves me, plus I think the car is a bit overstyled - like a McLaren JDM car from Fast & Furious. The 720S, while not a thing beauty, just has lines that flow a bit better to these eyes.

But I can't fault anyone for loving the 600LT, those exhaust pipes are damn cool, especially if you have the roof scoop as well.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:00 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
GT3's low end torque is good with higher revs
Fascinating, tell me more.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

GT3RS was not designed or intended as a dd. That’s what the TTS is for.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:34 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
GT3RS was not designed or intended as a dd. That’s what the TTS is for.
Agree, would daily a TTS over a GT3 or RS. I wouldn’t want to have to daily a GT car.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:48 AM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by manolis
Driven both in anger. Neither. 600 is a LOT better than 570. Would never consider a 570. Neither give the same feedback of the Porsche but I can understand some seeing the appearance as being more appealing and making the change. I would take the gt3.2 even though it is less powerful than 600.
I agree! I’ve driven a ton of different random cars and none of them feel like a Porsche.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:07 AM
AhsanU
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

If you're bored with the "looks" of the Turbo, then you're not likely to be enthralled by the GT3RS. Looks wise, the RS has fender louvers and a bigger wing over the Turbo. If those two things are enough for you to say that the RS looks amazing and makes you feel like it's not a boring car to look at like the Turbo, then that's the first step.

In terms of daily driving - you can daily drive anything. I daily drive my .1 GT3 and am quite pleased. The frunk has more space than you'd expect, the seats are comfy (8 hour journey to Toronto from NYC and another 8 hours back, no complaints), the front axle lift ensures no damage to the lip, extended fuel range lets me eek out 200-300 miles per tank based on how I drive etc. If you find yourself using the backseats of the Turbo, then you won't be really able to use the RS as a daily. Also, you'll find most RS' have bucket seats. If you can step into the seats and stay comfy for longer than 30 minutes, then I'd say don't sweat the bucket seats.

So really, if you don't need the backseats and don't mind the buckets (not RS' with sofas, finding one might be tough) then you can absolutely daily one. I can't push my car to 9k RPM every time I drive it, but the car feels special enough for me to enjoy without needing to speed. I get thumbs up everywhere and enjoy the fact that people like the car.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:30 AM
RoccoIsAGoodDog
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything is possible to DD it just depends on where you live, the build of the car, and how much comfort you desire. If the car has LWBs it may prevent you from wanting to take it everyday depending on the trips you will be taking. I find the seats very comfortable, and don't mind getting in and out. But you will have to sit in some to find out for yourself. It is not ideal if you will be taking short trips or multiple stops, as you cant just plop yourself in and out of the seat, it is a planned and calculated event every time you need to get in or out of the vehicle. And now to the driving aspect. I don't know where you live but if it is traffic heavy or no where to routinely utilize the RS's capabilities, you will find yourself getting frustrated with the car. It does not like to be driven slow and sitting in traffic is infuriating. Even if the traffic is light it is not a fun experience to only be able to drive normally surrounded by other cars (prius' other sh*tboxes and SUVS). Now if you live somewhere where there are twisty roads and you can regularly get the RPMs up above 4k, then that is a different story completely. But i must warn you that getting up into the 4k+ rev range (where the car likes to be) is jail time in any gear besides 1st, and even then depending on the road is usually 25 over. Now this isnt a rant on how the car isnt suited for street use, I love my car and drive it almost everyday. I just wanted to be honest with someone looking to DD such a magnificent beast. The turbo doesnt sound the best stock, and is understated. But the low-end torque is easily exploitable in daily use and will be more forgiving in realistic daily duties.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:58 AM
A/S
Burning Brakes

Received 283 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 1949ford
Anyone else make the move from a 991 turbo ? Don’t get me wrong , the turbo is an amazing car , stupid fast , but I’ve just kind of grown bored with it . Then just recently went through a 4 month wait at the body shop on a lower front spoiler , due to issues Porsche was having with quality control related to the part supplier . That was the nail in the coffin that I would part with the turbo.
I had been considering leaving Porsche for something more exotic , my turbo is just rather dull in the looks dept. But I was contemplating giving a .2 3rs a chance before going away from Porsche to another manufacturer.I still will likely get a more exotic sports car down the road , but maybe the 3rs will keep me in a Porsche as a separate car . I haven’t had a chance to drive a .3rs but it seems like it would be a much more raw , exilerating driving experience, not to mention the beautiful sound from the n/a motor(my turbo sounds horrible considering the performance)
Anyone daily driving their .2 3rs ? I have a high tolerance for what I could live with daily driving wise . Look forward to your replies
You'll be bored with a .2 GT3RS for DD. I have an RS7 and it is a better DD (and fun).

If you live in U.S., and do not break the traffic laws like most YouTube influencers, at 55mph a GT3RS is boring. The engine sounds awesome after 6,000rpm and up to 9,000rpm, but this engine rpm's range is outside speed limits in 2nd gear and up?

For racetrack use, the .2 GT3 RS is a great car.

I have a 991 TTS (not the TT, but the one with dynamic sway bars, PCCB, it has a custom powerkit and suspension, better tires and brakes, etc.). I drive the TTS more than the RS on the streets. My TTS is a good DD, my RS7 a better DD, the RS is not a good DD.

The RS is good at 2 things only: Cars and Coffee, Racetracks, nothing else. For all other uses or venues, there are better 991s.

For exotic look, get a 918 Spyder or switch brands, because a 991 is nowhere near an exotic at all.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:40 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 115 Posts

You should have both!!
Old 02-14-2019, 03:11 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I say change brands
Old 02-14-2019, 03:16 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Fascinating, tell me more.
You have to get it about 4K to appreciate the car, the engine, it's handling, etc...but then it is too loud drawing unwanted attention, etc...

TTS is stealth when you want it and blistering fast with no effort or drama when you want it to in any mode.....you pay about 50k base price more for it but it's worth it...

Just a better daily and more versatile than any GT car....if you had a GT car in Wyoming or Montana or wide open spaces maybe you could DD a GT car...
Old 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM
1949ford
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really appreciate all your guys input /thoughts . It really has given me a lot more perspective on what I might run into using a 3rs as a daily driver .
Normal drives on freeway or through town/city will never let the 3rs shine much since you will constantly be out of its best RPM range .So it makes sense to me why many have said that outside of track use , you’d have to be exceeding speed limit for it to be doing its thing.

so I had one other possibility I did not mention . This is quite a different route . I’ve always collected old cars , predominantly classic muscle cars :69 camaro ,64 chevelle, 63 nova , 49 ford and 32 Ford .
my 991 turbo is my first sports car I’ve owned .
Ive kicked around possibly going the route of going to an older classic Porsche that has been updated/modified . I guess I’m a sucker for the vintage Porsche aesthetics . It is kind of a blend of the best of both worlds , vintage look but improved driving experience.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:04 PM
1949ford
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The turbo is paid for so I don’t really NEED to move it . Just wanted to consider the various options .

Quick Reply: Thinking about ditching my 991 turbo for a .2 gt3rs