991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

2019 Porsche GT3RS vs Nissan GTR Nismo

Old 02-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Hula
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 2019 Porsche GT3RS vs Nissan GTR Nismo

This is a cross-post from the Video Clips forum. Fifth Gear pitted the 991.2 GT3 RS against the Nissan GTR Nismo. The first clip was released to YouTube but the full video was never aired in North America.

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennposi...l#post15630759
Old 02-11-2019, 12:23 PM
GT3 KSA
Addict
Rennlist Member

they should re-do the drag race in the dry, i will check the other videos out you shared
Old 02-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Drew_W
User

Nice! Thank you!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Itzkirb
Super User

Thanks for posting, good watch.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Hula
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Waxer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for posting.
More proof it’s not just brute power that makes a car great.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Hams955
Addict
Rennlist Member

One thing that doesn't seem to make it into these types of tests is the GT3/GT3RS's ability to turn these types of laps over and over again; all day long. What I love about these cars the most actually. You buy the car and no mods necessary; you get on track and drive. They can take a beating all day long and they don't get hot, the brakes don't fade. In comparison to cars like the Nismo and Z06, they get hot and cannot maintain a real pace for more than a couple of hard laps.

To me - this is where GT3/GT3RS shines.

Thoughts?

- Chris.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:43 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

https://rennlist.com/forums/rennposi...l#post1563075

Thanks for posting Hula. Always enjoyable to see car comparison Videos, but they obviously picked the wrong
2 cars to compare. What did we learn?
On a damp track, 4 wheel drive is advantageous and Turbocharged Engines produce more Torque - DUH!!!!
Clearly the 4 wheel Drive Turbo S would have cleaned the Nissan's clock with better acceleration again and again
while the Nissan's Tranny would have been done after just a few runs winning that test. The new TTS would have been
far more comfortable, quiet and with a better ride quality on the road. And from previous track record lap times, faster
on most if not all Tracks. .
Hard to beat the versatility of the Turbo S as the do anything - go anyplace, anytime, Swiss Knife
of Sports Cars. AND with far superior resale values.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:12 PM
rosenbergendo
Addict
Rennlist Member

↑, what turbo resale? My brother bought a 2018 Turbo S with 1400 miles for 45k off sticker!! Crazy depreciation!!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:06 PM
n d
User

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo View Post
↑, what turbo resale? My brother bought a 2018 Turbo S with 1400 miles for 45k off sticker!! Crazy depreciation!!
that’s definitely not the norm!
Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 AM
crayon991
User

Originally Posted by Hams955 View Post
One thing that doesn't seem to make it into these types of tests is the GT3/GT3RS's ability to turn these types of laps over and over again; all day long. What I love about these cars the most actually. You buy the car and no mods necessary; you get on track and drive. They can take a beating all day long and they don't get hot, the brakes don't fade. In comparison to cars like the Nismo and Z06, they get hot and cannot maintain a real pace for more than a couple of hard laps.

To me - this is where GT3/GT3RS shines.

Thoughts?

- Chris.
This. Totally agree.

I sold my 2017 Nismo for a GT3.

The Nismo is pretty hot and bothered after 3-4 laps..

GT3 just keeps going.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Hula
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo View Post

Thanks for posting Hula. Always enjoyable to see car comparison Videos, but they obviously picked the wrong
2 cars to compare. What did we learn?
On a damp track, 4 wheel drive is advantageous and Turbocharged Engines produce more Torque - DUH!!!!
Clearly the 4 wheel Drive Turbo S would have cleaned the Nissan's clock with better acceleration again and again
while the Nissan's Tranny would have been done after just a few runs winning that test. The new TTS would have been
far more comfortable, quiet and with a better ride quality on the road. And from previous track record lap times, faster
on most if not all Tracks. .
Hard to beat the versatility of the Turbo S as the do anything - go anyplace, anytime, Swiss Knife
of Sports Cars. AND with far superior resale values.
Old video but Harris previously pitted a GTR Track Pack against a 997.2 Turbo S. As well as the 997.2 performed I imagine the 991.2 would blow it out of the water.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: