Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consdering a Sale of My Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 AM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Seats look great. I am doing something similar to mine.
what I struggle with is , why sell a car after you got it exactly to your liking?
The touring is such an awesome car to own and enjoy....I am most excited about driving it and I have a well loaded garage....
Old 02-11-2019, 10:29 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,831 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
It's surprising to see so many of these come back on the market so quickly.
If by surprising you mean 100% predictable, then yes.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE=Second Childhood;15629626]I am pondering selling my 2018 GT3 Touring. Putting this post out there to determine potential interest and what I could expect to sell it for. Car has just over 1,300 miles. It is well optioned plus some custom touches. It is a PTS car in Brewster Green. The custom touches are as follows:
  • Sharkwerks Center Bypass Exhaust (Original center muffler included)
  • Paint correction, Quartz coating and Suntek PPF on front half of car including the brow on the top and A pillers
  • Original black fabric in center of seats has been replaced or more precisely covered in Scottish National plaid, which matches the color scheme of the car. In addition the sliver plastic on the sides, hinges and back of the seats have been covered in matching leather and stitching (the factory option to do the same was not orderable at the time of order)
  • Front camera to protect against curbing.
  • Original MPSC 2 tires have been replaced with Michelin 4S tires
  • Aftermarket pedal set
My original cost for the car was as follows:
  • List price of $188,570 plus $25,000 ADM or $213,570
  • Paint correction, Quartz coating & Suntek PPF: $3,897
  • Front camera: $1,434
  • Interior Work: $1,800
  • Net cost of new tires: $900
  • Sharkwerks bypass: transferred over from my 2016 RS
  • Total invested in the car: $221,601
Pictures are attached as well. I welcome your feedback on potential pricing for a sale as well as your interest in my Touring.

[/QUOTE}

I sent you a PM. I assume you had someone do the insert covers in the Dallas area. Would you mind passing along that information? They look great, and I have not been able to find a good upholstery shop willing to tackle doing something like this on the 4/18 way seat inserts. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2019, 11:43 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Tourings are definitely going for a premium over the winged versions. I was pretty upset by the multiple dealer offers on my PTS Gelbgrun GT3 6spd in comparison to the GT3T I have incoming and the word from everyone (not connected to each other) is there is at least a $10-20k premium on a Touring over the winged version. The story is that even though everyone had an opportunity to order a Touring -- and many said they would -- most people didn't actually pull the trigger. Maybe a little scared about how the market would react, maybe other reasons, I'm not sure, but now that cars are landing and people are fawning over some of the special specs on some of these, the prices are the highest out of any of the GT3s.

Not exactly sure what this one is worth. I paid a chunk over sticker for a signal yellow one with 9 miles on it. I think you could get sticker to 10k over depending on the buyer.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Sunny_M3
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
few things
1. don't sell. you have a wonderful spec and very unique. enjoy it. take the kid/wife on road trips. long road trips. make memories.
2. you will never recoup adm, mods, ppf, tax, insurance, gas etc etc etc.
3. invest in boglehead three fund portfolio.
4. see number 1.
THIS!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 569 Posts

How about you do this in reverse...LIST the car first then ask RL whether the offers you receive are fair, instead of asking us what you might get for your car before you list it. One thing's for sure, with the former you would at least get real time "market indication" of what prospective buyers are wiling to shell out. With the latter, you are merely getting our speculations. GLWS
Old 02-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
How about you do this in reverse...LIST the car first then ask RL whether the offers you receive are fair, instead of asking us what you might get for your car before you list it. One thing's for sure, with the former you would at least get real time "market indication" of what prospective buyers are wiling to shell out. With the latter, you are merely getting our speculations. GLWS
Excellent point. I was looking of a good way to put it, and Akunob nailed it perfectly. You do get a lot of tire kickers when you list it, but there also will be people who genuinely want to buy. I doubt you're going to get any sincere serious offers any other way.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Your idea to sell is no logical.
If this was a 911R in same would you still kick it out of your garage?

Keep this special car. Let us go drive
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Second Childhood
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am amazed with the response to my query. Your feedback has been invaluable. I do have an idea of where to start my asking price and I do know what my floor price is, which allows me to proceed forward. In response to some of the questions in your replies, here they are:
  • Why am I selling?: My daily driver is a GMC Denali. I have noticed that when I drive the Touring for 20 to 30 minutes, I have a nerve pain in my left leg that I don't in the Denali. It is only relieved by getting out of the car and walking around for a few minutes, then I can go another 20 or 30 minutes. I ended up having an x-ray of my lower back to discover the continued loss of cushioning in the discs in my lower back, which is likely cause of the pain. I am starting physical therapy this week. I have also played around with different seat settings to no avail and have explored adding some cushion to the seat as well. Not much has helped as yet.
  • Why the Michelin 4S tires vs. the MPSC 2 tires that came with the car?: The 4S seem like a better all around tire, since I anticipated more street driving in all weather conditions vs. track time. Have yet to get the car on the track.
  • The Sharkwerks bypass is not a good choice for a 991.2 GT3: I have read the postings on this topic. I did it, because I had it. I can easily change it out and can.
  • What you paid for the car and add-on's is irrelevant to what it will sell for: I know that, but I did not want to indicate what my pricing would be, I wanted to get a feel from the forum, which you have provided.
I did get some individuals ask me via PM who did the seat work and I will reply to them individually. I also had some queries via PM that were interested in potentially buying my car, which I will also respond to individually.

Thank you all for your time in responding to my request. Your candid input is invaluable to me.
The following users liked this post:
AirCool4Me (01-05-2021)
Old 02-11-2019, 07:37 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,463 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Tourings are definitely going for a premium over the winged versions. I was pretty upset by the multiple dealer offers on my PTS Gelbgrun GT3 6spd in comparison to the GT3T I have incoming and the word from everyone (not connected to each other) is there is at least a $10-20k premium on a Touring over the winged version. The story is that even though everyone had an opportunity to order a Touring -- and many said they would -- most people didn't actually pull the trigger. Maybe a little scared about how the market would react, maybe other reasons, I'm not sure, but now that cars are landing and people are fawning over some of the special specs on some of these, the prices are the highest out of any of the GT3s.

Not exactly sure what this one is worth. I paid a chunk over sticker for a signal yellow one with 9 miles on it. I think you could get sticker to 10k over depending on the buyer.
Buddy just bought GT3 T at MSRP off dealer lot new.

Nicely optioned car.

No AMD
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 PM
vactor
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sent a PM about seat covers.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Doug, was just offered 20 over on my PTS touring last week as it sat the PPF guy's shop in the metroplex.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Tourings are definitely going for a premium over the winged versions.
Not so sure that is the case any longer. Seems like some of the GT3 tourings in classifieds with modest ADMs are not selling.

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Doug, was just offered 20 over on my PTS touring last week as it sat the PPF guy's shop in the metroplex.
I'm guessing that's basically a break-even proposition after taxes, PPF and fees.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Second Childhood
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, Someone mentioned that the pricing would be lower because it is not a CPO car. I sold my RS through my dealer for both the sales tax benefit and it allowed the buyer to CPO the car. I am sure I can get them to do the same with this car. FYI.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:23 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 787 Likes on 571 Posts

In general across the US, it seems that people that are selling or trading in their GT3s, either winged or touring, on RSs or Turbos, are getting MSRP at best in the end regardless of list pricing, and taking advantage of tax transfer on another car........

In reality there is "Depreciation". To them it is loss of their ADM, PPF and aftermarket stuff costs...........

Those that got their cars at MSRP and SOLD their cars last Fall made some money.....10K plus......

This car may go close to list or $10K under......if sold within the next 2 months..........

Keep us posted if it is sold...........good info on the market especially for Tourings.........in 20 years they may be the car to have for appreciation as 2-300 examples are pretty rare unless 992 has a Touring.......the Speedster will be the most certain collectible........

EDIT - Just saw an ad on MSN.com website for Car Gurus advertising " get your Porsche GT3 here" or to that effect..........that is funny, but not so funny

Quick Reply: Consdering a Sale of My Touring?