Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consdering a Sale of My Touring?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 10:07 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

Beautiful car. Someone will be very lucky to get that car, if you do sell it. There is no telling if Porsche is going to have a Touring model for the 992. And even if they do, with the body styling and interior of the 992, some of us (myself included) would not want one anyway. No, the GT3T is not a limited edition model (a la the 991 R) but there are not going to be that many (between 150 and 200) 991.2 PTS GT3T in the USA. That's a pretty select club for a freaking awesome car.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

First of all- keep the car. It’s a great looking car and love the color combo. I sold mine late last year and I miss mine tremendously and will be buying one in the future. Timing is not right for me otherwise I’d buy your car.

Second of all, all the Monday morning quarterbacking here won’t change the fact that you won’t know what it will sell for till you actually put it up for sale.

What price do you want? List it for that. Market will decide what it sells for. If you don’t like the price, don’t sell it.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 PM
ferrari_cavallino
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice spec... green exterior is beautiful.

My 2cents... I've been in the market for a Touring for the past few weeks and tend to agree that MSRP is probably market... but then again my MSRP type bids haven't gotten me a car yet.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:50 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

OP you are doing yourself a disservice asking this question here.

There are so many people talking these cars down, either through bias, resentment, or self interest.

Also you telling folks what you paid as adm doesn't help because those three letters trigger so many people.

There are also many unbiased members who will give you their take on value, but reasonable posts are oft buried amongst the nonsense, and it doesn't mean that an unbiased opinion is correct anyway.

I don't know what your car is worth, the market will tell you that ... personally I would make my calculations on listing without consideration for what adm you paid for it as the market is what it is regardless of what you paid ... but that's just my opinion and it may be incorrect. As a general rule the more personalized and higher msrp the car, the smaller the target audience, but if one person connects with it then they will be willing to pay more than others. I heard from a reliable source that a GT2RS owner was recently offered over $600k for his special spec car the moment he posted it on IG (which he refused) because another person just had to have it, but the base WP market is obviously nowhere near that.

You have a beautiful and somewhat hard to find car with elegant mods, if you have the ability to be patient I would start at a reasonable high level and see how it goes. Obviously the dynamic changes if there is urgency or if this is a firesale, which only you know and shouldn't discuss anyway.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:03 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I would keep it.
Is that Sam’s car from Plano Porsche that he may have backed out on?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:05 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Nice car -

Personally would list for 207,500. Take anything around 200k

Curious why you swapped out the tires?
Old 02-10-2019, 11:24 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Ultimately what anyone paid has no bearing on anything’s market value. It doesn’t matter whether you paid $50K over or received the car as a gift. It’s worth exactly what the market will pay, no more no less.

It’s a mistake to tell anyone what you paid in hopes of convincing them what they should pay to buy it from you. You may be deluding yourself and overvaluing it, or you may be leaving money on the table.

I doubt anyone will get much, if anything, back on the money they spent on non-factory extras like PPF, exhaust mods, seat inserts, tires, etc. For one, Touring Package isn’t really intended as a track car, so most will want it stock. And when it comes to other aftermarket cosmetic changes, it might actually reduce value to change how it came from factory, especially if the car is PTS and it’s value is tied up with rarity/collectibility. So if you really want to sell it, maybe return it to how it came from factory and save the aftermarket parts to either use on your next Porsche or sell them separately, because you’re more likely to find a buyer for those after market items who wants them on their car then on YOUR car.

I also don’t know what market price is for your Touring. It’s beautiful. Great color. Like others have suggested, maybe get a few offers from dealers to buy it outright from you. They will probably markup $20K-$25K at least to resell (from what they pay you for it, not necessarily from MSRP). Somewhere in between is probably the fair market value in a private sale.

Depending on your state, and whether you would buy another car from a dealership to whom you would trade in your Touring, you may come out ahead trading in for a lower price than private sale due to sales tax savings. And regardless of sales tax, a dealer might be more motivated to get you the next car you want for a good price (no ADM) if you trade in a highly desireablw car to them in the process. Something to consider.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
It's surprising to see so many of these come back on the market so quickly.
It really is amazing to watch.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

As a data point, a broker sent me a message looking for a PTS touring at $15k over.

Tracking things, because that is what I do for fun, there is the signal yellow one for sale in the classifieds here, the riveria blue one in the classifieds, and Irish Green one on PCA website. Those are the only ones I know have been listed for sale publicly with prices. There was the mint green one that PNH had as well which sold.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 AM
goldberg
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Beautiful colour and interior. Absolutely beautiful
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Hellelfenbein
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
As a data point, a broker sent me a message looking for a PTS touring at $15k over.

Tracking things, because that is what I do for fun, there is the signal yellow one for sale in the classifieds here, the riveria blue one in the classifieds, and Irish Green one on PCA website. Those are the only ones I know have been listed for sale publicly with prices. There was the mint green one that PNH had as well which sold.
It‘s interesting that the various markets work differently. In Germany a PTS Touring demands a big premium (depending on the color) while regular cars sell for MSRP (or below).

The reason for that might be that PTS cars for the European market were only produced between March and August 2018 in very limited numbers.

Old 02-11-2019, 08:57 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

If you want to sell it, get it listed ASAP.

​​​​​​I'm not a dealer so would just be an idiots view on value, but:
1) 2019 PTS tourings are now being delivered
2) Car is pretty modified, I'm a OEM only guy myself and many like me. Might appeal to more people if you unmod it before listing.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Yup, listed for you you consider fair value to you and a buyer. Don’t deal with tire kickers, it’s a great spec/great looking car .........if someone has the cash and the itch they will buy it.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Do you really think the color is commanding a premium above the $12k pts cost and considering that pts is quite common?
I've wondered this myself. It's cool to see all of the PTS cars but between the near $13K cost and it not being nearly as exclusive now, I'm not sure what premium, if any, it should bring.

Quick Reply: Consdering a Sale of My Touring?